windows 10 on the desktop and a windows 10 phone is starting to sound appealing to me. Don't tempt me.
    wait until it's out first.
    southlander likes this.
    07-26-15 11:53 AM
    Windows 8 is bad. I shudder now, free update to Windows 10, I'm going to have to teach the technically inept in my family how to use their computers all over again.

If it wasn't a free upgrade, could have left them all blissfully unaware, stuck with win 8 until it was EOL or they broke their computers.

Posted via CB10
    why not just use Win7? go with what works....
    07-26-15 11:55 AM
    If bb10 dies, windows 10 it is for me!

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    07-26-15 12:13 PM
    BB10 or Windows Phone 10?, a difficult question is it for Business or private use? as a diehard 9900 Business user but have a Q5 on BB10 to show willing to try it, BB10 is not perfect but could be a replacement for our aging 9900's, also have a Windows Phone 8.1 on trial it's very good for media consumption, but having to choose between BB10 or Windows Phone 10 personally it would be BB10, and if it's abandoned as BBOS was time to get a few Q5's or even Q10's in stock, so we can stay with Blackberry as it has served us well.
    lift likes this.
    07-26-15 01:44 PM
    I stopped by a Microsoft store the other day. Apparently Win10 phones will have full android applications access.

Posted using CB on my gorgeous passport
    Interesting. Full meaning Google Play Services as well?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 03:08 PM
    If this comes to fruition, then I would expect devs to be a lot more interested:

Microsoft Expects 1 Billion Windows 10 Devices In 2-3 Years | TechCrunch
    I believe this figure includes desktop & laptop comuters as well as mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 03:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    not that interesting considering it's conjecture
    07-26-15 03:12 PM
    windows 10 on the desktop and a windows 10 phone is starting to sound appealing to me. Don't tempt me.
    Windows Phone has always been the plan B in case of BlackBery failing to deliver.

But then they dropped BB10 and I'm hooked.

Personally, W10 PC, W10 tablet running Blend and TeamViewer and BB10 phone sound like the real killer combo to me.

Intellectually I agree that Windows 10 poses the biggest risk to BB10 & other mobile OS's. However, I don't think consumers are very rational in their decision making. Now that Apple & Android have a hold on the market, it won't make much of a difference if a newer, better platform is launched. No mass migration to BB10, despite its superiority in many aspects- even with Android apps.
    Let's not forge that if you'be been a user of any given platform for over 12 months, you're bound to have invested time and money on its "ecosystem", what would make it just a tad harder to leave, no matter how great the other OS is (which is exactly the probleam BB10 has - the OS is great but people are not willing to leave all their apps and media behind).

Windows 8 is bad. I shudder now, free update to Windows 10, I'm going to have to teach the technically inept in my family how to use their computers all over again.

If it wasn't a free upgrade, could have left them all blissfully unaware, stuck with win 8 until it was EOL or they broke their computers.
    No dude, really! If they wanted W7 back, have them use Desktop Mode. If they were cool with W8, have them on Tablet mode. If they just want their damn 8.1 back, Desktop Mode with start menu on full screen! Microsoft made it really easy on people like you this time!
    07-26-15 04:14 PM

No dude, really! If they wanted W7 back, have them use Desktop Mode. If they were cool with W8, have them on Tablet mode. If they just want their damn 8.1 back, Desktop Mode with start menu on full screen! Microsoft made it really easy on people like you this time!
    No they didn't. This is how it will work. All three of the people I am talking about will download it, screw around with it for a few days, make a mess of their machines in general and then call me for help.

Because it exists they will want the new, and none of them have progressed past beginner mode on the last 3 versions.

Posted via CB10
    lift and Conan69 like this.
    07-26-15 04:33 PM
    Huge news: Windows 10 can run reworked Android and iOS apps | The Verge

The key word is 'reworked'. Devs can import their Android or iOS source code into visual studio and recompile it into Windows 10 binaries. There will still be some manual work required on the devs part. This is how I understand it. However, if Microsoft's projections are true, and they can get 1 billion Win 10 devices out in the wild it will make the whole exercise more appealing to developers.
    That's right, but let's keep in mind that porting Android apps to BlackBerry World requires far less work then this, but many Android devs were still not interested. Microsoft is going to have to do a full court press in marketing WP10, and get phones into a lot of hands, even if they have to take a loss to do it. Then devs will start to pay attention.

I think Microsoft is going to do just that. With Windows and WP10 about ready, and some pent-up demand for new WP devices, deep roots in Enterprise, and deep pockets, their ducks are lined up.

I liked WP 7.5 for the beta it was. I haven't used WP 8.1 but I follow discussions on Windows Central. And WP10 looks promising. If BB10 tanks I'll take a careful look at WP10 as well as Chendroid, if the latter actually exists.
    07-26-15 05:00 PM
    Microsoft can't even get Internet Explorer right I just don't trust them.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren, imz and matthewkuhl like this.
    07-26-15 05:54 PM
    Huge news: Windows 10 can run reworked Android and iOS apps | The Verge

The key word is 'reworked'. Devs can import their Android or iOS source code into visual studio and recompile it into Windows 10 binaries. There will still be some manual work required on the devs part. This is how I understand it. However, if Microsoft's projections are true, and they can get 1 billion Win 10 devices out in the wild it will make the whole exercise more appealing to developers.
    Nothing fresh... BlackBerry had done it before. If i' not wrong... during OS10.1 "era".
    07-26-15 06:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Aren't they coming out with a new browser, Edge?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 06:23 PM
    Once Microsoft release a high end flash grip with wp10 similar to lumia 1520 I will be switching to windows for sure. BlackBerry is a very nice device and I am enjoying my passport but it started to drive me crazy in certain areas. But who knows if BlackBerry can pull things together I am consider the slider for sure.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 07:02 PM
    They lost me at windows 8

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    I agree. Windows 7 is superior imo.

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339 
    lift likes this.
    07-26-15 07:04 PM
    I agree. Windows 7 is superior imo.

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339 
    Are you talking about WP7? I think the OP's question was about comparing BB10 to WP10, coming soon.
    07-26-15 07:25 PM
    Well, you are just repeating nonsense. Check LuvULongTime note above for link and facts.
    http://www.techradar.com/us/news/sof...obile--1293295

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/29/85...s-apps-bridges

There are scores of articles on this subject. Also, you might want to disguise your troll links a bit.

Posted using CB on my gorgeous passport
    07-26-15 07:34 PM
    Let's not forge that if you'be been a user of any given platform for over 12 months, you're bound to have invested time and money on its "ecosystem", what would make it just a tad harder to leave, no matter how great the other OS is (which is exactly the probleam BB10 has - the OS is great but people are not willing to leave all their apps and media behind).
    But here lies the problem, What apps on BB10 are so great, that you wouldnt leave it for?
    And they don't have a proprietary media store any more. The music was movable and transferable to any device, The movies, not so much.
    But you would still have a BB10 device to play those items off of.

If Windows 10 actually pulls devs to make apps with their clever wording and is secure is BB10, I don't see a good future for BB10.
    For myself , and I'd guess some others, there may be 5-10 BB10 apps that were paid for that are worthwhile. And at that small of a number, it would make it rather easy to leave a platform that has better support in place.
    The rest of the apps, are Android ports that maybe free or some paid for as well.
    But with W10 being able to run droid apps as a speculation, maybe the purchase will transfer and thus not create another cost for the consumer. It works for BB10 and play store purchases that way.

I think, that it was a bad move for Blackberry to dump their media section.And even worse, that you could not transfer the movie purchase to a PC/mac. It was also a horrible support system in place with rovio i believe it was. Way to many issues.
    If they had their own media still and they restricted it how other companies do, I'd say then you may have people less than likely to leave a platform.

I like having inter connectivity with my devices, and right now, Blackberry really isn't offering it. They had it with the playbook and the legacy devices. And I enjoyed it thoroughly. They have Blend which works pretty decent. But until it has a full support of the applications on the device, its kinda behind. They don't appear to be staying on top of it at all.
    07-26-15 08:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    That is interesting...I had not heard that.

 Red Passport on OS 10.3.2.2339 / SR 10.3.2.2226
    07-26-15 08:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    What makes Windows 8 bad?

Can you name a single thing other than the easily disasbled Metro UI?

People who dislike Windows 8 make me laugh. It is by far the best OS Microsoft has ever put out, but the simple masses of the world hate it because they aren't aware of free programs like classic shell.

All of my Windows 8 PCs boot up looking exactly like Windows 7, except they perform much better thanks to the improvements in Windows 8. So what's not to like?
    07-26-15 08:10 PM
    ^^ditto

I can't understand or maybe I'm missing something to prefer Windows 7 than Windows 8... I love Windows 8!!

If BlackBerry will drop BB10 OS and go for Android, I will surely jump (back) to Windows mobile...

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-26-15 08:17 PM
    Passport running Win10 would be amazing.
    07-26-15 08:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep MS has a totally reworked their browser; Microsoft Edge | Windows Central
    I bailed out of BlackBerry a year ago because of double typing on my Q10, and I do miss BB10. I'm hoping Windows 10 mobile will be as least as good as BB10.
    07-26-15 09:34 PM
    I had a battery drain problem on my Q10 that involved my android apps, so I deleted them and pulled out my old Lumia 520 to use (via Q10 hotspot) for Skype and a few other apps. Imagine that. Using windows phone for its app selection. Anyways, I digress.

I've been running the latest Windows 10 (Phone) preview on the Lumia 520 and despite the low-end hardware, everything is good except the browser. Edge is not ready for primetime yet. It crashes a lot, and the UI is not great (both widely noted by testers, as I didn't have to file any bugs ... I just upvoted existing reports). Of course, it's a preview, so I hope they address the bugs and design shortcomings by the time they release it.

On the positive side, the overall Windows Phone UI is very attractive, functional, and lightweight. If it runs on my 520, it must fly on the newer models. Windows 10 is definitely a nice alternative.
    ubizmo, dolco, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    07-26-15 11:15 PM
    Why not both? I used to have a Passport and and Z10... now I have a Lumia 920 and a Passport. Figured it made no sense to have blackberry phones doing the exact same things... and with me having a windows 8.1 desktop and tablet, a windows phone was the most logical buy as a second phone

Posted via CB10
    anon(8063781) and Avenzuno like this.
    07-27-15 02:05 AM
243 1234 ...