We all know how BlackBerry is secure and one of the most beautiful OS in the market clean and always updates make it more reliable but it's only lacking software development. On the other hand we see how windows 10 is launching soon integrated with windows 10 desktop and more importantly Microsoft is also talking about how secure this will be. From my POV this is the biggest competition that is coming down the road. Apple and Android were never close the enterprise but I feel that Microsoft is going to snatch this position from BlackBerry soon this is if BlackBerry didn't act fast satisfy all sectors.

Again this is just my opinion what do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 06:54 AM
    windows 10 on the desktop and a windows 10 phone is starting to sound appealing to me. Don't tempt me.
    07-25-15 07:08 AM
    Sounds good in theory. I don't see developers anymore motivated to make an app, universal or not.

Plus if the email client isn't that much better than 8.1, then I'm less motivated to switch platforms. Adding attachment using the Hub Attachment way is too important to me.

Plus the Android runtime means we will get most Android apps working other than the Google Services dependent ones.

With that said, I'm looking forward to upgrading my SP3 to W10.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2339 / Telus
    Last edited by pgg101; 07-25-15 at 10:02 AM.
    ettorwe likes this.
    07-25-15 07:34 AM
    I checked their latest phone I believe the 640xl. Not bad at all considering its only $300.00.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 08:55 AM
    Intellectually I agree that Windows 10 poses the biggest risk to BB10 & other mobile OS's. However, I don't think consumers are very rational in their decision making. Now that Apple & Android have a hold on the market, it won't make much of a difference if a newer, better platform is launched. No mass migration to BB10, despite its superiority in many aspects- even with Android apps.

Many argue that Apple computers are better than Windows, but Windows captured the marketing t first and has maintained a significant lead.

Many WebOS fans thought it was the best OS (and it probably was when it was launched), but it failed.

Perhaps over time, people will migrate to Windows 10 from a mobile perspective, but they won't rush since their iPhones and Android devices will still play with their Windows 10 PC's.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei and vernel like this.
    07-25-15 09:00 AM
    Intellectually I agree that Windows 10 poses the biggest risk to BB10 & other mobile OS's. However, I don't think consumers are very rational in their decision making. Now that Apple & Android have a hold on the market, it won't make much of a difference if a newer, better platform is launched. No mass migration to BB10, despite its superiority in many aspects- even with Android apps.

Many argue that Apple computers are better than Windows, but Windows captured the marketing t first and has maintained a significant lead.

Many WebOS fans thought it was the best OS (and it probably was when it was launched), but it failed.

Perhaps over time, people will migrate to Windows 10 from a mobile perspective, but they won't rush since their iPhones and Android devices will still play with their Windows 10 PC's.

Posted via CB10
    Microsoft is doing really a smart move by offering windows 10 for free so that tells me that have something in mind that will tempt people to buy their phones. That said they are in a better position to secure their spot in the enterprise level knowing that majority of the companies use Microsoft platform.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 09:17 AM
    I have a Lumia 830. Nice phone. Can't wait to update to Windows 10.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-25-15 11:13 AM
    They lost me at windows 8

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    blambtn likes this.
    07-25-15 12:22 PM
    Very interested, yet I hate both the lineup and the design and the name Lumia!

I aware a better HTC One design (no two bezel like the M9) or from Sony or ZTE or even a hack way of loading it on an LG Nexus 4.

As important the performance and core offerings of the OS along either personal security is to me, os too is the design of the hardware, the OS container it lives in.

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    07-25-15 12:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Att ran a poll in 2011. Webos was the most loved os by a long shot. Apple and android satisfaction was low and nothing special even though most were buying it. The Palm hardware hurt sales. HP TAKE OVER is what killed Webos.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    diegonei and MO3iusONE like this.
    07-25-15 01:35 PM
    They lost me at windows 8

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    Windows 8 is bad. I shudder now, free update to Windows 10, I'm going to have to teach the technically inept in my family how to use their computers all over again.

If it wasn't a free upgrade, could have left them all blissfully unaware, stuck with win 8 until it was EOL or they broke their computers.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 02:09 PM
    Not to mention the Microsoft Office 2016...

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 02:22 PM
    I stopped by a Microsoft store the other day. Apparently Win10 phones will have full android applications access.

Posted using CB on my gorgeous passport
    07-25-15 02:36 PM
    I agree that Win10 phones sound interesting. It's a wait and see for me right now my. Fortunately, my Z30 is still perfect in my eyes so I can wait out the launch period easily to see what the reviews are like on the other side.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 02:56 PM
    I stopped by a Microsoft store the other day. Apparently Win10 phones will have full android applications access.

No way really ? I didn't know that wow! Interesting

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 03:13 PM

Check facts, this is not truth...
    rthonpm likes this.
    07-25-15 03:43 PM

I too read this, but don't recall where nor any of the details. I guess it's another waiting game.
    07-25-15 04:20 PM
    Sounds good in theory. I don't see developers anymore motivated to make an app, universal or not.
    If this comes to fruition, then I would expect devs to be a lot more interested:

Microsoft Expects 1 Billion Windows 10 Devices In 2-3 Years | TechCrunch
    07-25-15 04:21 PM
    I too read this, but don't recall where nor any of the details. I guess it's another waiting game.
    Huge news: Windows 10 can run reworked Android and iOS apps | The Verge

The key word is 'reworked'. Devs can import their Android or iOS source code into visual studio and recompile it into Windows 10 binaries. There will still be some manual work required on the devs part. This is how I understand it. However, if Microsoft's projections are true, and they can get 1 billion Win 10 devices out in the wild it will make the whole exercise more appealing to developers.
    dolco and ubizmo like this.
    07-25-15 04:24 PM
    I'll wait and see the slider before even considering jumping ship.

Sent from my Passport
    gilbertgk and kthhrrsn like this.
    07-25-15 08:21 PM
    I have both. No reason to chose just one.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9169048), lift and JRF_1986 like this.
    07-25-15 08:28 PM
    I should have kept my 1520. I'm curious to see win10 on mobile. Desktop 10 works great, looks like a very promising secure platform.

Sent*from*my**Passport�
    07-25-15 08:57 PM
    Check facts, this is not truth...
    Only repeating what the Microsoft sales associate told me. If it's not true, please provide link.

Batmark likes this.
    07-26-15 01:15 AM
    Only repeating what the Microsoft sales associate told me. If it's not true, please provide link.

Well, you are just repeating nonsense. Check LuvULongTime note above for link and facts.
    Last edited by dolco; 07-26-15 at 02:18 AM.
    07-26-15 01:27 AM
    windows 10 on the desktop and a windows 10 phone is starting to sound appealing to me. Don't tempt me.
    Agreed. Totally.

 Red Passport on OS 10.3.2.2339 / SR 10.3.2.2226
    07-26-15 01:32 AM
243 123 ...