How come we can't have a 5" squared 1080 Amoled screen with a keyboard under it, without it being a slider. The new antenna, 1080p front and back cameras with way higher quality lenses. Along with faster everything under the hood?

BBW Lovers Unite- OOLONG. The Eye of The OOLONG :C00121B8B
    11-25-13 12:03 PM
    This would be my dream phone regardless of specs. 4 inch qwerty I'd be in heaven. I miss my keyboard so bad since I got the z10. Still love this phone but might buy q10 outright. If larger qwerty in next year I'd wait

Posted via CB10 with Z10
    11-25-13 09:23 PM
    Funny how KitKat requires lower specs... Just sayin'.
    Btw, I don't play the specs game.

Geeks United C00122408
    The purpose of kitkat is to help remove the Android fragmentation. It will run on lower hardware

Posted with my Q10!
    11-26-13 02:33 PM
    It's already a official fact said by BlackBerry itself that the current OS is NOT supporting QUAD CORE!

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 04:16 PM
    so when will it come out?
    June 2014

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 04:17 PM
    It's already a official fact said by BlackBerry itself that the current OS is NOT supporting QUAD CORE!

Posted via CB10
    Where did they say that?

SQN100-3 pin:2AF2C952
    11-26-13 04:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Things change daily. Anything can happen. They could use quad core for the low information buyer as a marketing tool. Doesn't matter if bb10 doesn't need it or not. If the consumers thing they need it they will buy products with it.

Posted via CB10 with Z10
    11-26-13 05:56 PM
    [QUOTE=HasKam;9566626 I hate when all these Internet scientists come on her and say "you don't need quad core, you don't need 1080p screen" bla bla bla.
    Who cares. The truth is specs SELL!!

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

This may be true, but the internet scientists are right as well. I think that if BlackBerry wants to continue to operate under the philosophy of high efficiency and baterry life over specs, they need to do a better job of communicating why they chose lower core processor or any other features over others. If they don't explain their reasoning, people just go to the store, see that the BlackBerry has less cores than the phone next to it, and then assume the phone next to it must be "better".

So I guess what I'm saying is that BlackBerry needs to help educate the masses. We can't all be internet scientists!

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    Korepab likes this.
    12-01-13 08:19 AM
    Everything about it is almost enticing except the limited 16GB internal storage , no install to media card and i'd prefer a removable battery.
    12-01-13 08:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Please provide a source sir. Until then I respectfully disagree.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 11:39 AM
    When Q 10 was coming out , people are saying it will have the best battery life ever but it turned out bad.

Like when iPhone comes out with the finger scanner many say it's a toy

Let's not count the chicken before it hatch
    12-02-13 05:26 AM
    Please provide a source sir. Until then I respectfully disagree.

Posted via CB10
    He's right. At the moment QNX does not fully support quad core processors. However, there is an update coming to QNX this month that will allow for that.

As for a source, somebody mentioned a timeline somewhere in this forum long ago.

The next BB10 flagships will have quad core processors

Posted with my Q10!
    12-02-13 08:24 AM
    When Q 10 was coming out , people are saying it will have the best battery life ever but it turned out bad.

Let's not count the chicken before it hatch
    My Q10's battery life is closer to "the best ever" and on the other side of "bad"

Fingerprint reader more of a gimmick than a toy. Apple is about to get there lunch eaten.
    They are the ones who are relying on specs and gimmicks to sell there new phones. I havent seen anything ground breaking phone wise since Jobs died.
    12-11-13 12:36 PM
    Fingerprint reader more of a gimmick than a toy. Apple is about to get there lunch eaten.
    They are the ones who are relying on specs and gimmicks to sell there new phones. I havent seen anything ground breaking phone wise since Jobs died.
    If you think the fingerprint reader is a toy or gimmick then you are going to be very blindsided by what's coming in relation to that over the next 12-18 months. Also, the processor in the 5S alone is more groundbreaking than anything else in it or the last several iPhones. You do realize that the 5S is the only iPhone released and even partially developed since Jobs died. Your statement makes no sense.
    12-11-13 12:44 PM
    B
    My Q10's battery life is closer to "the best ever" and on the other side of "bad"

The Finger Print ID is very convenient . It's not a gimmick . Extremely well implemented . And apple seldom get Into specs themselves . They have the "poor" specs . They are about experience .

That's samsung galaxy your talking about . The current market leader . Android is currently having spec war .

Bb with no gimmick and no apps may vanish into thin air soon if they don't have a counter strategy .
    12-11-13 08:03 PM
    A Torch ?

Editor of Addicts � Blackberry 10
    I happy with this new torch if I wanted a Keyboard.
    01-04-14 12:02 AM
    I'm in a market for Z30/Q10, perhaps it's better to wait until Q30 is out whenever that is.
    01-04-14 03:03 PM
    I'm afraid you are remembering selective and exaggerated claims. Reasonably, just by looking at the specs, one would expect that, owing to the larger battery, and smaller screen, the Q10 would have a better battery life than the Z10. And it does.

Again, you are responding to selective comments that may have offended you. The fingerprint scanner was not as big an innovation as it is made out to be in the media. Scanners made for phones by Authentec (the company acquired by Apple) have been around since 2004 at least, if not earlier. Apple's innovation was in the implementation and user experience, however security concerns still linger.

I'm very eager to see where biometrics-on-devices goes, but the security/privacy/irreversibility question regarding biometrics on iphones is still far from resolved.

01-04-14 04:29 PM

Gimmick? How many people have password on their phone? it much easier to use the finger print for them (I personaly don't have password, hate using the idea of typing a password every time I use the phone, a waste of time). I used to be a Iphone hater, but I hate some androids more these days

Gimmick are the Samsung phones with their "air gesture" and "group play". Who the hell uses air gestures? you would look like a moron on the street. How about Group play? who the hell is going to play music in 3 or 4 phones at the same time? If like 1 teenager in the bus playing rubish music on the phone's speaker on his phone wasn't enought of annoyance already...
    01-04-14 04:42 PM
    If you think the fingerprint reader is a toy or gimmick then you are going to be very blindsided by what's coming in relation to that over the next 12-18 months. Also, the processor in the 5S alone is more groundbreaking than anything else in it or the last several iPhones. You do realize that the 5S is the only iPhone released and even partially developed since Jobs died. Your statement makes no sense.
    Your exactly why Blackberry is failing! What does this new processor do that the old one doesn't, higher specs is not ground breaking. or innovative. Sounds like your just a lover of the higher specs. A finger print reader is a selling point for you?..."(ooh something shinny)....******..... go get an I phone.
    01-04-14 11:45 PM
    Gimmick? How many people have password on their phone? it much easier to use the finger print for them (I personaly don't have password, hate using the idea of typing a password every time I use the phone, a waste of time). I used to be a Iphone hater, but I hate some androids more these days

Gimmick are the Samsung phones with their "air gesture" and "group play". Who the hell uses air gestures? you would look like a moron on the street. How about Group play? who the hell is going to play music in 3 or 4 phones at the same time? If like 1 teenager in the bus playing rubish music on the phone's speaker on his phone wasn't enought of annoyance already...
    Next thing you"ll tell me that the button on the back of the HTC is ultra convenient because it makes it easy to take a selfie.
    01-04-14 11:48 PM
    Your exactly why Blackberry is failing! What does this new processor do that the old one doesn't, higher specs is not ground breaking. or innovative. Sounds like your just a lover of the higher specs. A finger print reader is a selling point for you?..."(ooh something shinny)....******..... go get an I phone.
    Honestly the iPhone is terrible at being a phone(communication device). That's why I don't mind getting a ipad or itouch as a secondary device. Although I won't buy either of those since my money is tied with school.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-04-14 11:50 PM
    He's right. At the moment QNX does not fully support quad core processors. However, there is an update coming to QNX this month that will allow for that.

As for a source, somebody mentioned a timeline somewhere in this forum long ago.

The next BB10 flagships will have quad core processors

Posted with my Q10!
    QNX supports up to 32 processors. What are you on about?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 01:52 AM
    QNX supports up to 32 processors. What are you on about?

Posted via CB10
    I thought it was BB10 that didn't support quad cores yet. It's QNX that can support 32. They aren't exactly the same.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-05-14 10:26 AM
    Releasing this device without trackpad / hard buttons would be a mistake. Releasing a device that has a prayer of replicating the BBOS user experience is BBs best hope to get BBOS users to upgrade: they URGENTLY need BBOS users to move to BB10... and not just low-cost Curve-like devices sold in emerging markets: they need a high-end device that (for people like my brother-in-law, CEO of a US bank) would bring the best of BB10 to a device that operates like the BB9900 he loves (and won't abandon without a fight).
    clickitykeys and rai187 like this.
    01-05-14 11:01 AM
249 ... 678910