No trackpad Btw.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 12:37 PM
    DID I MENTION TRACKPAD, TRACKPAD, TRACKPAD!!!!!!!! SEND AND END physical buttons
    02-09-14 12:46 PM
    I agree. I absolutely love the size of the Q10. It's one of the main reasons I choose to use it as my daily driver over a Z10 or Z30. I see that most concept designs seem to abandon the 1:1 aspect ratio of the screen in favor of something a bit longer. I wonder if they'll continue with the 1:1 ratio on future models or not? Wouldn't that mess up all the work developers have done to format their apps for the Q10's screens? They would have to rewrite another version of their apps for the new aspect ratio wouldn't they? Sorry if it's a silly question. I don't know anything about development.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    You are welcome to it. A 3.1 inch screen is great for texting and mail. They either get a bigger screen or face extinction .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-09-14 07:15 PM
    What is a querty touchscreen? Am I to assume they meant both a touch screen and a separate Querty physical keyboard for the Z50?
    02-09-14 07:17 PM
    For those that want physical call and end buttons, care to tell me what good they are when you aren't on the phone?

They are wasted space. When you're on a call, they are there. For the legacy BBOS crowd, returning to the home screen or canceling out of an app is just a swipe away.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 12:50 AM
    Virtual Trackpad!!?? So we all have the option to have it on or off!? I'd be interested in that!

Posted via CB10 on my ? Q10
    02-11-14 10:45 AM
    DID I MENTION TRACKPAD, TRACKPAD, TRACKPAD!!!!!!!! SEND AND END physical buttons
    You only need these when the screen is too friggin small.
    lnichols likes this.
    02-11-14 12:46 PM
    Interesting, if true.

Here's the specs, in Italian mind you, but you should get the gist:

So, notable highlights to me are:
    • QWERTY
    • 2.3GHz quad-core proc
    • 4" touchscreen, OLED, 1280x768
    • 3GB RAM
    • 16GB device storage
    • BB10 OS 10.3
    • Non-removable 3300 mAh battery
    • 16MB main camera + 5MB front camera
    • No wireless AC added
    • CDMA not specified (might just be non-CDMA variant, obviously)

OLED, 1280x768?? Don't think so... and don't hope so... at least please FHD!!!

Since 2010 ?
    02-12-14 12:18 PM
    Interesting, if true.

Here's the specs, in Italian mind you, but you should get the gist:

So, notable highlights to me are:
    • QWERTY
    • 2.3GHz quad-core proc
    • 4" touchscreen, OLED, 1280x768
    • 3GB RAM
    • 16GB device storage
    • BB10 OS 10.3
    • Non-removable 3300 mAh battery
    • 16MB main camera + 5MB front camera
    • No wireless AC added
    • CDMA not specified (might just be non-CDMA variant, obviously)
    Those are some stackedddddd specs. Would love if it was true.. as long as they have a CDMA variant

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 05:28 PM
    The trackpad needs to be brought back especially on a device geared towards professionals.

What they should do it put the trackpad on the back of the device to be used with the index finger. That would solve everything. No front real estate being used but it would work just as well.

Also they need a way to access the phone functions quickly if they aren't bringing the buttons back. Like you touch the screen and it wakes with quick options.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 03:40 PM
    The trackpad needs to be brought back especially on a device geared towards professionals.

What they should do it put the trackpad on the back of the device to be used with the index finger. That would solve everything. No front real estate being used but it would work just as well.

Also they need a way to access the phone functions quickly if they aren't bringing the buttons back. Like you touch the screen and it wakes with quick options.

Posted via CB10
    Dumbest things I have ever heard...... adding any buttons or track pads would throw away everything BlackBerry has tried to establish with the BlackBerry 10 platform

All touch and gestures is the only thing allowing them to stand out

If people want a track pad then go buy a 9900

Twitter/4sq/Insta/PSN/CB/Steam: @Loppizzle Dr. Michael Lopez, B.Sc, M.D.
    thanasi likes this.
    02-15-14 05:07 PM
    Dumbest things I have ever heard...... adding any buttons or track pads would throw away everything BlackBerry has tried to establish with the BlackBerry 10 platform

All touch and gestures is the only thing allowing them to stand out

If people want a track pad then go buy a 9900

Twitter/4sq/Insta/PSN/CB/Steam: @Loppizzle Dr. Michael Lopez, B.Sc, M.D.
    It would still have touch and gestures genius. Why do people act like adding a touch pad to make text selection easier means getting rid of what we already have?

It compliments the touch and gestures. It would also give the full touch phone a distinguishing hardware feature which is currently lacking. How is all touch allowing them to stand out anyway when that's every phone. This would allow them to stand out and they could even show text editing capabilities between it and the competition.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:03 PM
    It would still have touch and gestures genius.
    You just proved why a trackpad is absolutely pointless. If the phone is a touchscreen, then say goodbye to the trackpad!

It compliments the touch and gestures. It would also give the full touch phone a distinguishing hardware feature which is currently lacking.
    It absolutely does NOT compliment touch, as it becomes redundant and therefore pointless. And it definitely doesn't compliment the gestures; that's just a pure disaster.

With respect to hardware features, the fact that you think that including a trackpad would distinguish it from the competition is very telling about your knowledge of technology and it's progression.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 05:58 AM
    You just proved why a trackpad is absolutely pointless. If the phone is a touchscreen, then say goodbye to the trackpad!

It absolutely does NOT compliment touch, as it becomes redundant and therefore pointless. And it definitely doesn't compliment the gestures; that's just a pure disaster.

With respect to hardware features, the fact that you think that including a trackpad would distinguish it from the competition is very telling about your knowledge of technology and it's progression.

Posted via CB10
    If you're OK with subpar text editing on a professional device then good for you.

I guess touch should have replaced a mouse and keyboard by now as well according to you with your immense knowledge of technology. When the next iPhone turns the home button into a trackpad which has been rumored i'll just laugh at you folks who can't see the big picture of what a professional device needs to be.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:29 PM
    If you're OK with subpar text editing on a professional device then good for you.

I guess touch should have replaced a mouse and keyboard by now as well according to you with your immense knowledge of technology. When the next iPhone turns the home button into a trackpad which has been rumored i'll just laugh at you folks who can't see the big picture of what a professional device needs to be.

Posted via CB10
    Go grab a subpar BlackBerry 7 device then, it will suit you well. Or an iPhone with a trackpad when it gets released.

And guess what? Since you haven't been up to date with technology I'm here to let you know that touch has in fact been replacing a traditional mouse. Ever heard of the already old Apple magic mouse or Microsoft touch mouse? How about tablets? This duel does not arise with the trackpad vs touch screen argument; instead we should be discussing the way touch curosors respond and interact with the user's finger. That is an area that has room for improvement. And the "Running Shift" feature recently incorporated in BlackBerry 10.2 is a step in the right direction. Touch is currently the present and foreseeable future, until something better comes along. It's time to move on and adapt.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 01:36 AM
    Go grab a subpar BlackBerry 7 device then, it will suit you well. Or an iPhone with a trackpad when it gets released.

And guess what? Since you haven't been up to date with technology I'm here to let you know that touch has in fact been replacing a traditional mouse. Ever heard of the already old Apple magic mouse or Microsoft touch mouse? How about tablets? This duel does not arise with the trackpad vs touch screen argument; instead we should be discussing the way touch curosors respond and interact with the user's finger. That is an area that has room for improvement. And the "Running Shift" feature recently incorporated in BlackBerry 10.2 is a step in the right direction. Touch is currently the present and foreseeable future, until something better comes along. It's time to move on and adapt.

Posted via CB10
    It's called a touchpad and is touch. It's even in the name. Just because bb10 doesn't require one like bbos doesn't mean it can't be beneficial. No full touch doesn't equal it because you have to cover up part of the screen with your finger which is obtrusive for text editing.

Yeah i'm sure businesses are just going to throw out mice and keyboards and see productivity plummet for most office tasks. You nailed it.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 12:56 PM
    I am thinking the Q30 must be a Torch replacement slider as the Q20 would share too many features with it otherwise. If I'm right they should send me a free one lol. Hmmm wait and wait or use my upgrade on a LG G3 next month?
    05-30-14 11:30 AM
    I've never understood why the belt can't be recreated in a virtual form on the touch screen. Yes the touch pad is useful for moving around the cursor. But why can't this be done with a virtual dedicated spot?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 08:56 AM
    They stated it didn't need a quad core due to the fact that they wanted to optimize it for the duel care agricultural first.

Posted on my Z10.... At your Girls House!!!
    I love me some duel care agriculture... :-D
    06-04-14 12:02 AM
    I've never understood why the belt can't be recreated in a virtual form on the touch screen. Yes the touch pad is useful for moving around the cursor. But why can't this be done with a virtual dedicated spot?

Posted via CB10
    Um, because physical buttons for picking up and hang up is the biggest thing I'm waiting for. I hate how if you're on a phone call and you use speakerphone, after a while the screen will go off, and you'll need to wake the screen back up or even unlock your device if you have a p/w, just to end the call. And even worse, if you navigated away from the call app during the call, now you have to do all that, then navigate back to the phone app, then touch the end call icon. I like it a lot more with a physical end call button so no matter what, if I need to hang up right away, I can just press the button, without ever looking at the phone, I know 100% the call is ended... A "virtual" toolbelt would completely defeat that purpose, it'll be exactly the way it is now...
    SK122387 likes this.
    06-04-14 12:05 AM
    Some of the latest Android phones ship with 3Gb of RAM yet still have 4.0 or 4.1 installed
    As far as I can tell (I could be wrong), no mobile OS needs 3Gb of RAM (yet) but will run smoother with more.

Unlike a 64bit desktop OS where 4Gb is the recommended minimum.

Geeks United C00122408
    Well, it's kind of hard to explain why, but when you go from 32-bit to 64-bit you also need to double the minimum RAM... There are entire articles on that, it's a tad more nerd than I am, I just know that is the case, lol.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-04-14 01:25 AM
    You only need these when the screen is too friggin small.
    I currently use a BlackBerry Q 10 with an iPod touch fifth-generation which is just the same size as an iPhone 5 and I hate typing on it if not just because the screen is too small it's also cause many people still have moved away from bbb cause the app selection sucks and the phones were marketed horribly. But still u can't compare real keys to virtual keys just don't like typing on glass no matter how big screen is. as I have used s4 Galaxy S5 and note 2 n note 3 use them for Testing too big too clumsy I cannot text and drive I cannot text and walk I can't text and have a conversation I can't text paragraphs which need to do sometime for long work emails on the go
    06-04-14 01:54 PM
    I currently use a BlackBerry Q 10 with an iPod touch fifth-generation which is just the same size as an iPhone 5 and I hate typing on it if not just because the screen is too small it's also cause many people still have moved away from bbb cause the app selection sucks and the phones were marketed horribly. But still u can't compare real keys to virtual keys just don't like typing on glass no matter how big screen is. as I have used s4 Galaxy S5 and note 2 n note 3 use them for Testing too big too clumsy I cannot text and drive I cannot text and walk I can't text and have a conversation I can't text paragraphs which need to do sometime for long work emails on the go
    Try a Z30! Great typing experience on glass

Q10, Q5, Z30... Damn I love leaks too much!
    06-04-14 02:04 PM
    I wanted the Z10 badly but Sprint wouldn't carry it so I bought a Samsung for my media needs, etc. I reluctantly upgraded to the q10 and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 03:27 PM
249 ... 8910