Skeever take note :

Reneebob who sells phones for a living says:

"I don't think the larger screen Q would sell well, but a Torch style would. Right now the people buying the Q10 and 5 in my location are older people who just want a physical keyboard to text. It's the only viable alternative right now."

BlackBerry could use a slider to bolster their physical keyboard line up. May not be a big seller but surely it will sell well enough.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    01-05-14 01:43 PM
    BlackBerry could use a slider to bolster their physical keyboard line up. May not be a big seller but surely it will sell well enough.
    I agree... lots of people assume that a device that would have a niche market appeal MUST be manufactured at high cost and sold below cost i.e. a money-losing proposition... which is idiotic.

I read recently that it is expected that only 200,000 "netbook" computers will be sold this year, but acer and Asus are still making them and selling them for less than $400... I assume they cost much less than that to make so it is still a profitable line of business for them... yet there are people who insist that there is no way to make a niche market device and be profitable... Are there 10s of millions of EVERYTHING ever made and sold at a profit? I bet my local bakery would be very disappointed to know that if they can't sell at least two million cakes every month they shouldn't bother.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 07:38 PM
    Honestly the iPhone is terrible at being a phone(communication device). That's why I don't mind getting a ipad or itouch as a secondary device. Although I won't buy either of those since my money is tied with school.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Exactly. I need a phone, not a multi media device.
    When I had my droid It baffled me how difficult it was to do basic tasks.
    01-06-14 10:19 AM
    Sorry didn't read every page and post in this thread. Is there any sort of expected time frame when this phone will be shown off or become available?
    01-06-14 08:38 PM
    I'm disappointed that CES has come and gone, but we haven't gotten any more information about this phone. I'm surprised there hasn't been any more information to confirm specs. We heard about the lower end touchscreen Jakarta, but nothing about this model. When will we get more info?!??

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    kye2000 likes this.
    01-12-14 08:45 AM
    I work for a bank and my President seems to enjoy his Q10.

In any event, fast forward a few years. They stop making 9000 series phone, what those users who can't handle the new OS do? Apple or Samsung dont offer it. Will they give up and move back to a feature phone. What will they do when Windows 7 is EOL? Will they refuse to use Win8?

People will learn and life goes on.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    ibpluto likes this.
    01-12-14 08:56 AM
    Releasing this device without trackpad / hard buttons would be a mistake. Releasing a device that has a prayer of replicating the BBOS user experience is BBs best hope to get BBOS users to upgrade: they URGENTLY need BBOS users to move to BB10... and not just low-cost Curve-like devices sold in emerging markets: they need a high-end device that (for people like my brother-in-law, CEO of a US bank) would bring the best of BB10 to a device that operates like the BB9900 he loves (and won't abandon without a fight).
    What's the point of having a track-pad if you have touch-screen display?

Those people who bought bbos devices wanted to stay old school and that doesn't mean BlackBerry 10 devices sucks or incompetent.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 09:16 AM
    What's the point of having a track-pad if you have touch-screen display?

Those people who bought bbos devices wanted to stay old school and that doesn't mean BlackBerry 10 devices sucks or incompetent.

Posted via CB10
    Text selection. Touchscreen can't compete on that front.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 02:24 PM
    Personally I think that BlackBerry needs a phone asap with
    Physical keyboard like q10
    OS10
    Trackpad
    Screen of q10

This model will sell crazy!

Also plan B would be
    OS 7.1
    Q10screen
    Trackbad
    Qwerty
    Q10 quality

That's it..This is BB

Posted via CB10
    merli001 likes this.
    01-12-14 03:04 PM
    No matter what the phone has ...3.1 inch screen is just too small

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    01-12-14 04:52 PM
    I've always liked the size of the Q's screen. I think the overall size of this device is perfect. Perfectly portable. How did you guys get by on the Bold? That was even smaller (2.8)

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 01:17 AM
    I've always liked the size of the Q's screen. I think the overall size of this device is perfect. Perfectly portable. How did you guys get by on the Bold? That was even smaller (2.8)

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I absolutely love the size of the Q10. It's one of the main reasons I choose to use it as my daily driver over a Z10 or Z30. I see that most concept designs seem to abandon the 1:1 aspect ratio of the screen in favor of something a bit longer. I wonder if they'll continue with the 1:1 ratio on future models or not? Wouldn't that mess up all the work developers have done to format their apps for the Q10's screens? They would have to rewrite another version of their apps for the new aspect ratio wouldn't they? Sorry if it's a silly question. I don't know anything about development.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    01-14-14 09:13 AM
    I don't mean to be rude, but those people who want a trackpad in the next model is wasting their time asking. A trackpad will not improve your experience with this OS. It's dead. BlackBerry has already done a great job of improving the editing capabilities via touch screen. I'm sure they will continue to do so. They hear you. Adapt with the times and get over it.

Posted with my Q10!
    01-16-14 06:52 PM
    Personally I think that BlackBerry needs a phone asap with
    Physical keyboard like q10
    OS10
    Trackpad
    Screen of q10

This model will sell crazy!

Also plan B would be
    OS 7.1
    Q10screen
    Trackbad
    Qwerty
    Q10 quality

That's it..This is BB

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry will NOT release a BB 10 phone with a trackpad. As for BB 7 BlackBerry has already said that while they will support the OS indefentially they will stop making BB 7 phones at then end of next year. So I really don't think that there is much of a chance of them making another high end BB 7 phone as that would muddle the message for BlackBerry to have a flagship BB 10 phone and a flagship BB 7 phone. All we're likely to get are maybe another low-end qwerty model that will only be sold in parts of Europe, Latian America, and the Middle East. The US market will not see another new BB 7 phone.

Sent from my Q10
    01-16-14 10:29 PM
    Where is this from?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 04:36 PM
    Text selection. Touchscreen can't compete on that front.

Posted via CB10
    It does.

Posted via CB10
    deadcowboy likes this.
    01-23-14 07:59 AM
    Looks good but I of course don't like the idea of a non removable battery though. But I may be able to deal with it if all the other things on it knock my socks off which it should..
    01-23-14 11:23 AM
    Wrong BBOS is dead move to BB10. Great platform for people that know how to use the phone and take the time to learn it. Best device I've had ever. Z10 and my zed30

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 10:36 PM
    Hero device for me!
    02-06-14 01:40 PM
    Sweet specs! I will hold off from getting the Z30 if this were to come out in 2 years. *fingers crossed*
    If this were to come out in two years... those specs would suck.
    02-07-14 08:56 AM
    It does.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't. Cursor placement at the bottom of text boxes is one of the most infuriating endeavors in the entire mobile world. Text selection and cursor placement are so bloody finnicky, that I often spend more time trying to mess with the cursor than it takes to type my post/email/note.

If BlackBerry brought back the trackpad and phone keys, the power would crush your puny brain.

The 9900 was so fast to call or type. The Q10 is so slooooow.
    ToY9CiTo likes this.
    02-07-14 12:16 PM
    TrackPad! TrackPad! TrackPad! TrackPad! Whose with me?

I have about 12 friends with Blackberry and some that no longer use Blackberry and they all say they wish trackpad came back cause they miss it it select text and for quick menu operation looking for where the darn cancel buttonis accidentally hitting emoticons instead of selecting the last word or hitting send under the middle off screen when trying to select text takes more time then just retuning the entire word
    rai187 likes this.
    02-08-14 02:00 AM
    Ugh someone close this thread please, its been debunked that those specs are fake, not to mention the R099 is actually a model of the Q10.
    02-08-14 02:54 AM
    TrackPad! TrackPad! TrackPad! TrackPad! Whose with me?

I have about 12 friends with Blackberry and some that no longer use Blackberry and they all say they wish trackpad came back cause they miss it it select text and for quick menu operation looking for where the darn cancel buttonis accidentally hitting emoticons instead of selecting the last word or hitting send under the middle off screen when trying to select text takes more time then just retuning the entire word
    I think people often times based their opinion on their experience and thus figure that if they can use the q10 without a trackpad, thus everyone else can. People have to realize that their opinion may not hold true for others because of different factors. When the z10 came out, I mention why a touch screen phone would not work for me, at that time, and I got similiar responses about me needing to move on with times. When I fired back with specific medical reasons why a touch screen phone would not work for me that shut everyone up because it was nothing they could say.

Do I wish blackberry would have a trackpad like experience on the q10 and any future bb10 devices, yes, but at the same time I do realize that if that is not in the works then I have to have a fall back option. My current action is to keep using a bb7 device until it goes and then to go back to a feature phone if there is no other options available.

I do think that blackberry could use keyboard shortcuts in order to mimic answering and ending calls, but I am not sure if blackberry is willing to put the time and resources behind making that happen. I think the release of the next blackberry keyboard 10 device will mark the direction of how the B10 q line will be like going forward. If there no return of the trackpad or upgrade version of it, then I think it will be zero chance of it every coming back and thus people are going to have make a decision on what new phone they are going to have to go with. If the trackpad or physical answer/end buttons is something that is a must have, then you will have really only have three choices: keep using an old blackberry device, get a feature phone, or pay blackberry to create a phone just for you based on your wants.
    02-08-14 04:36 AM
    I want this! Sounds great

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 12:37 PM
249 ... 78910