yes it should be fast really fast
    11-20-13 03:15 AM
    It's an early rumor calm down no one ever takes those seriously. And it's not really impossible considering manufacturers are doing it all the time.

Posted via CB10
    I wish you were right but you're wrong. Far too many people believe rumors and then start cussing out BlackBerry when their hopes and dreams get crushed by their own overactive imaginations. Been watching it happen since 2007.
    11-20-13 04:46 AM
    Don't worry, mate; I'll do it for you: "dual-core". :-P

I actually cringe every time I read forums (and sometimes blog) posts. The language skills used (or rather: not used) are dismal.

On topic: I reiterate: Everybody HAS to believe that this device will exist, it is making for entertaining reading. :-P

Mmm...CB10! Just the tip, though!
    You often use colons in situations where a comma would be fine.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    akabbani likes this.
    11-20-13 06:47 AM
    10.3 is maybe not that huge as you think...
    I personally think that 10.3 just brings quad-core support and of course maybe some small changes...
    But mainly just upgrade to quad-core

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 08:36 AM
    I personally think that 10.3 just brings quad-core support and of course maybe some small changes...

Posted via CB10
    True that, look at how big of an update 10.2.1 is!!! At this rate we won't hit 10.3 until next Christmas!

Posted on my Z10.... At your Girls House!!!
    11-20-13 09:39 AM
    You do realize that these are "Rumors" which means even if I does come out it still doesn't technically exist at the moment...

This thread is just to speculate on the rumors not to determine if it 100% exists exactly how it is stated...

For all we know this exact device will probably not come out but you have to remember that this rumour, whether real or not, is based on something... and initial rumors are never 100% accurate but are the basis of something that will most likely be tangible in some form (whether a Q, Z or something else like a slider)

I think we can all agree that a Q10 successor is definitely going to be released next year, it's just the way it is... so then these rumors do have some roots in something and isn't just a "concept"

So don't shoot people down because these specs don't make sense... they never do at first, and of course you have to always take these with a HUGE grain of salt because of how far it is from ever coming out...

But for now just speculate, don't be condensing to other because where just talking of what could be, not what is

I could say that the Q30 will sport 4 GB of RAM, an IR blaster, and an i7 Haswell and it would get blasted for being fake. Since this is also fake, I see no reason to play into it. Why get people's hopes up for something that stemmed from wishful thinking, not to mention the many inconsistencies that have been overlooked?

Posted with my Q10!
    11-20-13 10:23 AM
    I could say that the Q30 will sport 4 GB of RAM, an IR blaster, and an i7 Haswell and it would get blasted for being fake. Since this is also fake, I see no reason to play into it. Why get people's hopes up for something that stemmed from wishful thinking, not to mention the many inconsistencies that have been overlooked?

Posted with my Q10!
    Again, no one ever said this exists and no one is getting their hopes up... all we are doing is speculating and discussing!

People must remember these are rumors, not facts that someone is trying to pass as real....

So everyone please stop clogging up the thread with these condensing comments

11-20-13 12:17 PM
    Again, no one ever said this exists and no one is getting their hopes up... all we are doing is speculating and discussing!

People must remember these are rumors, not facts that someone is trying to pass as real....

So everyone please stop clogging up the thread with these condensing comments

What world do you live in?

Let's hope this time the specs are true!
    I hope this is real. BlackBerry need a phone with up to date killer specs. I hate when all these Internet scientists come on her and say "you don't need quad core, you don't need 1080p screen" bla bla bla.
    Who cares. The truth is specs SELL!!

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to start saving up. Since I used my upgrade for the Q10 I'll have to buy it at retail price

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    ^^^ This is what we want to avoid

wow... that sounds amazing. honestly, all i want is my q10 with a bigger screen. these specs offer up so much more than that.
    *crossing fingers
    That is awesome! Hope it it true. #TeamBlackberry10

Sent via my Oreo Z10 BBM Channel C001BC43C
    .... At your Girls House!!!
    11-20-13 02:20 PM
    Screw it how about a q999 with a 7"screen widescreen format stat!!!

Since bigger is always better.

You know whats really sad? Android and google play get more love on crackberry than BlackBerry and BlackBerry world
    11-20-13 05:33 PM
    Something doesn't make sense: the screen is 4" and phone length is 6": that leaves 2" for keyboard ?!?
    11-20-13 07:55 PM
    Something doesn't make sense: the screen is 4" and phone length is 6": that leaves 2" for keyboard ?!?
    screens are measured on the diagonal.
    11-21-13 10:41 AM
    Didn't BlackBerry once say BB10 doesn't need a quad-core SoC? Just curious.

Geeks United C00122408
    It doesn't.

Unintelligent people seem to think it does.

Let me ask anyone who has a Z30... ever seen it lag? I saw the Octo-Core Galaxy S4 lag in the review I watched.

Posted via my Z30.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    11-21-13 07:37 PM
    It doesn't.

Let me ask anyone who has a Z30... ever seen it lag? I saw the Octo-Core Galaxy S4 lag in the review I watched.

Posted via my Z30.
    My Z30 has never lagged but my z10 has. Are we attributing that to the difference in the snapdragon ?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 09:34 AM
    My Z30 has never lagged but my z10 has. Are we attributing that to the difference in the snapdragon ?

Posted via CB10
    My guess is that it is likely due to OS improvements. After updating my Q10 with the 10.1 MR right after I got it I haven't noticed any lag at all for me.

Sent from my Q10
    11-22-13 10:22 AM
    My guess is that it is likely due to OS improvements. After updating my Q10 with the 10.1 MR right after I got it I haven't noticed any lag at all for me.

Sent from my Q10
    That's weird!

One thing I've noticed is that my Z10 lags (rarely) but it does

But my moms Q10 runs so smooth, and so does my friends Z30

I can notice some lag during transitions... nothing bad but it happens

Anyone know why?

Sometimes I get jealous using my moms Q10 and my friends Z30 because they just seem a lot more smooth than mine!

11-22-13 10:41 AM
    It doesn't.

Posted via my Z30.
    The Octa-Core S4 was probably lagging due to Samsung's bloat on top on Android.
    Google's version of Android doesn't lag often.

http://pocketnow.com/2013/11/14/android-isnt-laggy

Geeks United C00122408
    11-22-13 11:21 AM
    The Octa-Core S4 was probably lagging due to Samsung's bloat on top on Android.
    Google's version of Android doesn't lag often.

http://pocketnow.com/2013/11/14/android-isnt-laggy

Geeks United C00122408
    Proving that software like Touchwiz needs higher specs to run smoothly.

BlackBerry 10 doesn't, and therefore technically doesn't need to be in the spec race.

Unfortunately, people don't understand. BlackBerry 10 with dual core obliterates Android+Touchwiz with dual core.

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    11-23-13 08:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    QNX supports way more than four cores. Perhaps you mean the UI will be able to use four cores? Can't see why it would need to but perhaps.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 12:43 AM
    QNX supports way more than four cores. Perhaps you mean the UI will be able to use four cores? Can't see why it would need to but perhaps.

Posted via CB10
    Who do you think will be the first to announce a smartphone with 1 terabyte of memory?

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    11-24-13 12:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    It is definitely the CPU. My Z10 lagged on every OS thus far and it still does on 10.2.1.1055

It's not bad but a little during transitions when stuff is going on in the background or I just launched an app. Only reason I'm looking forward to a successor. Otherwise this thing is quite lovely and the new OS is brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 12:49 AM
    Who do you think will be the first to announce a smartphone with 1 terabyte of memory?

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    Samsung. They make memory after all!

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    11-24-13 12:51 AM
    Interesting, if true.

Here's the specs, in Italian mind you, but you should get the gist:

So, notable highlights to me are:
    • QWERTY
    • 2.3GHz quad-core proc
    • 4" touchscreen, OLED, 1280x768
    • 3GB RAM
    • 16GB device storage
    • BB10 OS 10.3
    • Non-removable 3300 mAh battery
    • 16MB main camera + 5MB front camera
    • No wireless AC added
    • CDMA not specified (might just be non-CDMA variant, obviously)

so when will it come out?
    11-24-13 04:40 AM
    Why a non-removable battery?
    What is the benefit for BlackBerry to avoid removable battery?
    Consumers could easily replace it without annoying their cell phone shop and security freaks (i personnally understand them) love to be able to snatch the battery out...

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 08:53 AM
    Why a non-removable battery?
    What is the benefit for BlackBerry to avoid removable battery?
    Consumers could easily replace it without annoying their cell phone shop and security freaks (i personnally understand them) love to be able to snatch the battery out...

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I hope if this device is real it is just a prototype device, like the dev c, and the final version will have a removable battery.
    11-24-13 03:41 PM
    Proving that software like Touchwiz needs higher specs to run smoothly.

BlackBerry 10 doesn't, and therefore technically doesn't need to be in the spec race.

Unfortunately, people don't understand. BlackBerry 10 with dual core obliterates Android+Touchwiz with dual core.

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    Funny how KitKat requires lower specs... Just sayin'.
    Btw, I don't play the specs game.

Geeks United C00122408
    11-24-13 06:47 PM
249 ... 56789 ...