Can not believe this stuff made its way to CB! I thought CB is THE serious source of BlackBerry news.

If you think a 1280*768 display with a physical keyboard attached vertically is a good idea, why BlackBerry not implemented it with Z10?
    Just try drawing a picture, how long will the phone be?

However, it would be of my interest, if it is going to be a slider, like a Pre3.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 06:13 PM
    because it is the Q10 predecessor I suppose. Who knows.
    You mean successor... not predecessor. Just saying.

-your friendly neighbourhood Grammoderator
    11-18-13 06:18 PM
    in other threads you complained that other phones have better specs than BB... now you complain about 64bit....

The truth is, the "other phones" with great specs are slow, the iphone with rubish specs and 64 bit, is killing every benchmark...

that's why I like BB10, is a great operative system, that's fast even with slower hardware... unlike android
    So true, that's where BlackBerry wins and apple to :P

They optimize first before slapping in top specs unlike android OEM's that just put whatever is the best specs without any optimization... so in a couple of months ... LAG :P

Posted on my Z10.... At your Girls House!!!
    11-18-13 06:18 PM

Oh god :s

11-18-13 06:19 PM
    Can not believe this stuff made its way to CB! I thought CB is THE serious source of BlackBerry news.
    This wasn't posted in the Blogs, i.e. the "news" section. Any member can post a thread in the open forums. Its presence here doesn't validate it as an official CrackBerry breaking news alert.

If you think a 1280*768 display with a physical keyboard attached vertically is a good idea, why BlackBerry not implemented it with Z10?

However, it would be of my interest, if it is going to be a slider, like a Pre3.
    Those proportions are probably a bad idea for a slate / candybar form factor, as you say.

The fact that the Z10 didn't have it doesn't really mean anything though. You can play that game with every spec: "If a 5" screen is a good idea then BlackBerry would have used it on the Z10!"

There was originally a planned BB10 slider, the M series. It was nixed somewhere along the way, but every once in a while a new rumour pops up about BB10 slider prototype. Could be a hit, if built very well with all the other right ingredients mixed in.

Anyway, you're right basically. This is not real, and for several good reasons.
    11-18-13 06:27 PM
    The 'Qualcomm MSM8960T Pro' is the same processor in the Z30 and it is only 1.7 Ghz dual core... It would need to be a Snapdragon 800 series for it to be a quad core 2.3 Ghz.
    Link: Snapdragon (system on chip) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which would be consistent at least with the Z30 since its processor was essentially a year old when launched so it the Q30 launches summer of next year, the 800 will be a year old as well.

Will be interesting to see how it runs under quad core. I'm thinking this and the extra RAM will help speed up running Android apps.
    the MSM8960T Pro that is used in the Z30 is new, only in the Z30 its not the normal MSM8960T which is based on a Krait 200 CPU, the Pro is a Krait 300 which is what is used in the snapdragon 600 series chips which were released earlier this year. there is a reason the Z30 is 33% faster then the Z10 and its not just the 200 MHz that is the reason
    11-18-13 06:31 PM
    Ok, I'm confused here - this is a QWERTY but with a 4" rectangular screen? Yet it was stated at launch that only the Z10 would have the 768 px. All subsequent models would have 720 px. Or am I missing something?
    You're not missing something. This isn't a real device.

That being said, if there was a decent reason to do so, it wouldn't be a big deal for BBRY to make a 768x1280 device even though they said they wouldn't again.

I'd buy it now!
    Even if 1:1 aspect ratio had one benefit: no landscape mode, with a keyboard it looks a little dumb.
    I'm also surprised that specs announced (14.2 x7.5) should allow a bigger screen, like a 4.2" or am i wrong?
    It's not real.

Those specs are crazy looking. We shall see if these specs actually hold true. I have seen purported specs for a BlackBerry like this previously, and the device never saw the light of day. In effect, I am cautiously optimistic.
    This isn't real.

its good to see the increased battery and processor with all these android apps
    While next year's devices will almost certainly have larger processors, this isn't real.

These specs if they come out before next summer will keep me interested in BlackBerry. I would go back to a Qwerty if they had the right screen, so we will see.
    There might be a device that will please you, but this one won't actually exist.

That sounds like an amazing device but need to keep the price reasonable do someone can afford it.
    It's not real.

It's almost 6" long! 5.6" to be exact. Portrait screened non-sliding QWERTY. Interesting.
    It's not real specs for an actual device.

NICE!!!!!
    Nice and fake.

Oh Boy that would make me soooooo happy!!!
    I'm sure they'll have some new models with more desirable specs coming out than our current crop, but this won't be one of them.

The conclusion:
    THIS IS NOT A REAL DEVICE THAT WILL EXIST.

If a device materializes with these exact specs, I will be surprised; but it will be a complete coincidence as this thread isn't based on any credible info.
    11-18-13 06:36 PM

Oh god :s
    Hey, I could have said something about "duel core" too, but I resisted the urge!

Oh, I guess did say something now. Whoops.
    11-18-13 06:40 PM
    Did anyone miss the 4 stereo speakers and 6 microphones?

Posted via CB10 | Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    rai187 likes this.
    11-18-13 06:54 PM
    This is still going? :s wtfish

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    11-18-13 06:56 PM
    Anyone else notice the 5MP front facing camera?? That is ridiculously huge, for a front facing camera.

Posted via CB10
    The Huawei Ascend P6 does this.
    11-18-13 06:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    What if it is a slider?
    11-18-13 07:16 PM
    Interesting, if true.

Here's the specs, in Italian mind you, but you should get the gist:

So, notable highlights to me are:
    • QWERTY
    • 2.3GHz quad-core proc
    • 4" touchscreen, OLED, 1280x768
    • 3GB RAM
    • 16GB device storage
    • BB10 OS 10.3
    • Non-removable 3300 mAh battery
    • 16MB main camera + 5MB front camera
    • No wireless AC added
    • CDMA not specified (might just be non-CDMA variant, obviously)
    This is bogus. There will not be another 768 pixel screen.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-18-13 07:21 PM

That being said, if there was a decent reason to do so, it wouldn't be a big deal for BBRY to make a 768x1280 device even though they said they wouldn't again.

It's not real.

This isn't real.

While next year's devices will almost certainly have larger processors, this isn't real.

There might be a device that will please you, but this one won't actually exist.

It's not real.

Nice and fake.

I'm sure they'll have some new models with more desirable specs coming out than our current crop, but this won't be one of them.

The conclusion:

If a device materializes with these exact specs, I will be surprised; but it will be a complete coincidence as this thread isn't based on any credible info.
    You do realize that these are "Rumors" which means even if I does come out it still doesn't technically exist at the moment...

This thread is just to speculate on the rumors not to determine if it 100% exists exactly how it is stated...

For all we know this exact device will probably not come out but you have to remember that this rumour, whether real or not, is based on something... and initial rumors are never 100% accurate but are the basis of something that will most likely be tangible in some form (whether a Q, Z or something else like a slider)

I think we can all agree that a Q10 successor is definitely going to be released next year, it's just the way it is... so then these rumors do have some roots in something and isn't just a "concept"

So don't shoot people down because these specs don't make sense... they never do at first, and of course you have to always take these with a HUGE grain of salt because of how far it is from ever coming out...

But for now just speculate, don't be condensing to other because where just talking of what could be, not what is

11-18-13 07:46 PM
    Hey, I could have said something about "duel core" too, but I resisted the urge!

Oh, I guess did say something now. Whoops.
    :P

Elite1 likes this.
    11-18-13 07:46 PM
    still no /ac wifi...
    First thing i noticed to.
    11-18-13 07:56 PM
    Apple designs their own chip and they're not using the full potential of the A7 yet. What it gives them and iOS developers is a nice testing platform for next year's models. Don't be surprised if a new iPad Air running OSX along with virtualised iOS apps gets released in the near future...

BlackBerry is waiting for chips from Qualcomm and in the mean time, they get their OS ready for the jump.
    Agreed.

Geeks United C00122408
    11-18-13 08:33 PM
    PMSL yeh good luck with that, it wont be anywhere close to �300 let alone under it. Probably around �500-600 with those specs.
    Seeing as it's not a real device, the price is moot.

Geeks United C00122408
    11-18-13 08:35 PM

It's not real.

This isn't real.

It's not real.

Nice and fake.

The conclusion:

Can you confirm or deny this is a fake device?

Geeks United C00122408
    Elite1 likes this.
    11-18-13 08:42 PM
    Remember the supposed specs of the "supposed " legendary a10/z30?????

I think ill wait for a release date, pricing and specs before i get excited like i did for the z30....

You know whats really sad? Android and google play get more love on crackberry than BlackBerry and BlackBerry world
    11-18-13 09:46 PM
    Internal memory 16gb??? I hope it will be 32gb at least.. my z10 is running low on internal memory since I installed some >1,x Gb games..

Posted via CB10
    Same here

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 10:06 PM
    good spec
    11-18-13 11:21 PM
    Interesting, if true.

Here's the specs, in Italian mind you, but you should get the gist:

So, notable highlights to me are:
    • QWERTY
    • 2.3GHz quad-core proc
    • 4" touchscreen, OLED, 1280x768
    • 3GB RAM
    • 16GB device storage
    • BB10 OS 10.3
    • Non-removable 3300 mAh battery
    • 16MB main camera + 5MB front camera
    • No wireless AC added
    • CDMA not specified (might just be non-CDMA variant, obviously)

As a Q10 owner sounds like my dream phone!
    rai187 likes this.
    11-18-13 11:45 PM
    Same here

Posted via CB10
    I thot all Crackberry users have a 64GB SD card?

I got 50gigs on Box free for life
    64gigs on my sd
    16gigs on my phone

too much space!!!
    11-18-13 11:46 PM
    English translation.

The features of the BlackBerry 10 R099 should be:

Processor: Quad Core 2.3 Ghz Qualcomm MSM8960T Pro
    Dimensions: 75x142 , 8x8 , 1 mm, weight 143 grams
    Connectivity: LTE , HPSA / UMTS , GSM / GPRS / EDGE
    Display: 4-inch SuperAMOLED OCTA Glass with 1280x768 resolution , 24-bit color
    Navigation: QWERTY keyboard and touchscreen
    16MP rear camera with autofocus and flash
    Front Camera 5MP
    Video: 1080p video recording at 30fps
    Memory: 16GB internal memory + 3GB (RAM)
    MicroSD slot supporting up to 64GB
    Wi- Fi: 802.11 a / b / g / n
    Mobile Hotspot
    GPS
    NFC
    DLNA
    Accelerometer, magnetometer , gyroscope , ambient light sensor , altimeter
    Micro USB and Micro HDMI
    Audio: Codex MP3, OGG , WMA , AAC, ACC + , eAAC + , AMR ( NB, WB ) , MIDI, WAV , AC-3 , Flac Music Player with true resolution of the sound. 4 stereo amplifiers. 3.5 mm headphone jack . 6 microphones for noise reduction noise.
    Video: Codec MPEG4 , H.263 , H.264 , VC-1 , DivX, WMV7 , WMV8 , WMV9 , VP8 . 3GP format ( MP4) , WMV (ASF ), AVI , FLV , MKV, WebM . Full HD ( 1080p)
    BlackBerry OS 10.3
    3300 mAh non-removable battery integrated
    Did anyone else notice the dimensions of the device?

It reads 1mm, I am 100% sure that at least for another hundred years we won't have the technology to produce such a thin phone.
    So anyone else have ideas what it might be?

Can't fake it any more than that.
    11-18-13 11:48 PM
249 ... 34567 ...