05-18-15 05:44 PM
54 123
tools
    Not sure what reality your in, but I disagree with you wholeheartedly regarding a droid OS updates. The fact your even comparing OS continuity tells me your another BB user in denial. Tell those Dev guys to work harder to resolve your BB OS issues cause BB itself will take their sweet time!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    One thing that really irks me on this site is members that love other platforms coming onto Crackberry, a BlackBerry fan site, and telling us all the things wrong with Blackberry and it's obvious they have no love of the OS.

Don't get me wrong, I've been disappointed in BlackBerry from time to time, but I don't post with the fervor like I've abandon them, that they'll always be the worse OS out there and all their fans are always in denial. Same reason I don't jump on to other mobile nation forums to let them know how crappy their OS' can be.

I simply prefer BB10 for what it can do over the other platforms. All platforms have their issues. I'm sure if BlackBerry could push through updates like Apple they'd have less problems. Not a lot less, just less..

This thread is entitled Blackberry#1. If you really think that BlackBerry isn't even close to being #1, then maybe there's another platform that suits you better; there's other forums out there for those members.

I've had my Samsung Tab for about a year and a half and I don't have a clue why I bought it. It's sluggish, crashes from time to time and I've only had like one update on it - God help me if it was a phone. I'm not impressed with Android but you don't see me on Android Central telling them how crappy I think it is.. if you like another platform other than BlackBerry - good for you!

I swear there probably more members on CB trying to convert their fans than on any other mobile nation forums.IMO

Posted via CB10 on my Stylish & Efficient Z30
    05-17-15 09:48 PM
    I swear there probably more members on CB trying to convert their fans than on any other mobile nation forums.IMO
    Surely you're not suggesting some of them might be on the payroll of, to pick a couple of names out of the hat purely at random, the likes of Apple and Samsung? I find that hard to believe, after all if two competing companies were to conduct themselves in such a manner they'd probably end up in court slugging it out over a different issue every week.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 10:12 PM
    Surely you're not suggesting some of them might be on the payroll of, to pick a couple of names out of the hat purely at random, the likes of Apple and Samsung? I find that hard to believe, after all if two competing companies were to conduct themselves in such a manner they'd probably end up in court slugging it out over a different issue every week.

Posted via CB10
    God I hope that's sarcasm

On CB these days I'm having a hard time figuring out whose serious and who's not. Whose trolling (even though I'm fairly sure of these individuals) and whose legit..

It's one of the reasons I hardly post here anymore...
    Posted via CB10 on my Stylish & Efficient Z30
    madman0141 and miker476 like this.
    05-17-15 10:20 PM
    I want me a passport

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 10:32 PM
    After two years of Androids inbetween my Bold and Z10 (4 different handsets), I can agree that carrier updates are virtually nonexistent.

Sure, you can just flash the boot loader and run any of the hundreds of custom ROMs available for most phones, but that is not an official carrier update.

I went almost a full year of LG posting "soon" for the official ICS update on one of their handsets as I jumped around custom ROMs, which it was listed as planned the day I bought the phone...no clue if it ever released since I ditched it for the z10 on release date and haven't owned an Android since (although I still flash, root, and repair them for friends and family).

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    05-17-15 10:32 PM
    Do you guys know if the att passport has the double typing issue?

05-17-15 11:13 PM
    They certainly update and patch bugs quickly. Blackberry on the other hand take months to even acknowledge an issue if at all. And the another few months before an update is released
    You must be joking. Spoken like an individual who's owned just flagship Samsung devices and hasn't held on to one long enough to experience their "update" process. You realize it takes them over a ******* year sometimes to push updates for phones? And sometimes they just drop a model completely and never update it at all, not ONCE. Your first sentence is so far from reality it's pretty comedic.

I have heard no accounts of screen lifting or double typing on the AT&T. I've had mine for 2 months now and it's been flawless. With that said, the B key on mine seemed to have double typed a few times today. I really hope it's not going to become an issue.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-17-15 11:22 PM

I have a z30 and use a Passport for work. I've had my Passport since October of last year. No double typing issue whatsoever. Actually the device has been extremely solid. But no pkb issues at all.

Posted via CB10 on my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    05-17-15 11:27 PM
    And then there is the hub. The hub is a fabulous feature for which android has no answer.

Posted via CB10
    It's coming to android soon. Why? Blackberry has no answer
    05-18-15 02:45 AM
    You must be joking. Spoken like an individual who's owned just flagship Samsung devices and hasn't held on to one long enough to experience their "update" process. You realize it takes them over a ******* year sometimes to push updates for phones? And sometimes they just drop a model completely and never update it at all, not ONCE. Your first sentence is so far from reality it's pretty comedic.

I have heard no accounts of screen lifting or double typing on the AT&T. I've had mine for 2 months now and it's been flawless. With that said, the B key on mine seemed to have double typed a few times today. I really hope it's not going to become an issue.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-18-15 03:58 AM
    Samsung...releasing timely software updates? Maybe on the planet Zoltar, Earth however is a different matter. I know quite a few Samsung users with older devices (phones and tablets) still waiting for Lollipop even though it's been out since November. Many of them are wondering if it will ever come.

This is not a new thing with Samsung. Sounds like Sammy's making Kool-aid and we got some drinkers. Try the grape flavor.

-- Passport, VMO, Toronto CA
    05-18-15 04:11 AM
    Not sure what reality your in, but I disagree with you wholeheartedly regarding a droid OS updates. The fact your even comparing OS continuity tells me your another BB user in denial. Tell those Dev guys to work harder to resolve your BB OS issues cause BB itself will take their sweet time!

You are right, it takes a while for updates to come for BlackBerry because the carriers are slow.

On the other hand, Android has the same issue. Maybe your carrier is unusual, but it's pretty common to NEVER get updates for most Android phones and Samsung often NEVER fixes bugs.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    05-18-15 04:23 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    For me..... Blackberry is...

For those that take productivity, security and privacy seriously...above all else

From my awesome Passport
    Why follow when you can lead.....

Posted via CB10
    madman0141 likes this.
    05-18-15 05:27 AM
    Yea I change phones often, loyalty to a brand doesn't payoff in this day and age.
    Good to experience other phones out there, hence why I've got a blackberry passport for a daily driver now. If the bugs were dealt with in an efficient manor it would make for a pretty sweet phone.

Personally I've not experienced screen lifting, but that may be due to having a newer passport? Or using a sturdy case? Or not putting them in skinny jeans?
    Double typing hasn't been an issue for me either, but the battery drain issues, lag, and missing features have been. All which could be resolved with a software update... which hasn't come to my phone yet.

I'd personally say, if you decide to buy a blackberry passport, don't go just by the reviews and forum posts, but go and try it out. You'll be pleasantly surprised on how much better it is in person, than just some youtube video review.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 06:43 AM

It does only for people who have a stuttering issue otherwise the phone is top notch.
    05-18-15 07:46 AM
    Don't get me wrong, I've been disappointed in BlackBerry from time to time, but I don't post with the fervor like I've abandon them, that they'll always be the worse OS out there and all their fans are always in denial. Same reason I don't jump on to other mobile nation forums to let them know how crappy their OS' can be.
    We did not abandon Blackberry they chose to abandon its users with the whole Playbook thing and by putting the worst person they could find in charge of the company THOR. I love my Classic I think Blackberry has the best developers on the planet with some of the worst leadership ever seen second only to the current White House. Supporting Blackberry is a great thing but let us not forget we pay to support these folks and like a fan who pays their fare share I will say what is needed not what they want to hear. If peoples feelings get hurt perhaps a switch to Apple is in order as they care about feelings.
    morfinpower likes this.
    05-18-15 07:54 AM
    We did not abandon Blackberry they chose to abandon its users with the whole Playbook thing and by putting the worst person they could find in charge of the company THOR. I love my Classic I think Blackberry has the best developers on the planet with some of the worst leadership ever seen second only to the current White House. Supporting Blackberry is a great thing but let us not forget we pay to support these folks and like a fan who pays their fare share I will say what is needed not what they want to hear. If peoples feelings get hurt perhaps a switch to Apple is in order as they care about feelings.
    Can't speak for anyone else but I've never seen Mr Chen carrying a large hammer or chucking bolts of lightning about. And much as I'd hate to turn this into a race thing, he doesn't even look particularly nordic.

Also, yes that's quite true of course, Apple isn't interested in your money, it just wants to make you happy. *big Klingon belly laugh*

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 09:28 AM
    Samsung...releasing timely software updates? Maybe on the planet Zoltar, Earth however is a different matter. I know quite a few Samsung users with older devices (phones and tablets) still waiting for Lollipop even though it's been out since November. Many of them are wondering if it will ever come.

This is not a new thing with Samsung. Sounds like Sammy's making Kool-aid and we got some drinkers. Try the grape flavor.

Actually.. Samsung acknowledged a memory issue with their S6 series about 4 weeks ago and they are releasing a software update that is supposed to resolve those issues in June.. They are more pro active. As for the lollipop update it's available as my friends who are using a older s4 have it installed.

sunnys1 likes this.
    05-18-15 10:14 AM
    So say you. Acknowledgments and declarations are one thing, execution is another. You say you have friends with S4s that have been updated to Lollipop, I have friends and colleagues with the same devices that have not been updated to Lollipop because the update is not yet available. And you have only mentioned one product line. You must have forgotten about the older Note lines and the Galaxy Tab, Tab Pro, and Tab S tablet lines that are capable of running Lollipop but do not have it yet. Even if Samsung were to roll-out Lollipop for all of their older, yet qualified devices in the next five minutes...they are still 6 months behind.

Not even Apple drags on software that bad, Blackberry either as far as I know. I spent a good deal of time with Samsung as an end user and a technician, so I know of what I speak.

Even on their television sets, Samsung is notorious for dragging on crucial software updates. Every week I have to literally apologize to customers who have purchased $1-2500 Samsung 3D and 4K Smart TVs whose TVs are going from smart to dumb as the "Smart Hub" loses one app after another after another. Most times I have to flash their TV and remove the "wonderful" software update that Samsung provided just to get the smart functions that they spent thousands of dollars for operational again.

And don't even get me started on their last update f**kup that killed the DNS locking on their TVs forcing customers to have to use Google's 8.8.8.8 DNS server as a bypass.

So even Samsung's big ticket customers are flipped the bird. So good luck convincing someone like me who has seen Samsung's dirty laundry about their benevolence when it comes to after sales support and maintenance on their phones, TVs and who knows what else. I know their heavy machinery division is legendary for creating phenomenal construction equipment, cranes and other types of industrial heavy machinery...it's a shame they don't apply such diligence to their consumer divisions.

Last edited by D Ryan; 05-18-15 at 02:23 PM.
    madman0141 likes this.
    05-18-15 11:44 AM
    Can't speak for anyone else but I've never seen Mr Chen carrying a large hammer or chucking bolts of lightning about. And much as I'd hate to turn this into a race thing, he doesn't even look particularly nordic.

Also, yes that's quite true of course, Apple isn't interested in your money, it just wants to make you happy. *big Klingon belly laugh*

Posted via CB10
    Yeah its not a race thing and Thor isn't about Mr. Chen, who is doing a great Job, it is in reference to the previous CEO. The previous CEO axed my Blackberry along with everyone else who had one. Please if you don't understand what I am saying please ask I will explain any and all my comments.
    05-18-15 12:36 PM
    Yeah its not a race thing and Thor isn't about Mr. Chen, who is doing a great Job, it is in reference to the previous CEO. The previous CEO axed my Blackberry along with everyone else who had one. Please if you don't understand what I am saying please ask I will explain any and all my comments.
    Unfortunately I can't reciprocate by explaining the concept of humour.

Posted via CB10
    madman0141 likes this.
    05-18-15 12:45 PM
    Are we all sarcastic lol?

Posted via CB10
    No, You can rephrase it as ISheep

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-18-15 01:13 PM
    I have 2 passports both run on AT&T. Work phone is an AT&T version, personal is white passport purchased from Blackberry. Both are perfect! no issues at all. My personal blackberry has received 3 OTA updates since December. The US carriers rarely release updates.
    05-18-15 01:48 PM
    No "duck" jokes?

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.500
    05-18-15 01:56 PM
    App junkies are mostly gamers and those are better served with Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 because it downloads obb files and it offers in-app purchasing.
    Best Plug Evaaaaaa! From the man himself.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582 O2 UK
    05-18-15 03:25 PM
54 123