05-18-15 04:44 PM
54 123
tools
    I was forced to go to android by my work. The BlackBerry is much much much better at being a pim. Some examples:

Notifications can be centrally controlled on a BlackBerry. On android, every application has separate notification settings - and they ate all default on - so I either have to searching through every app looking for the notification settings or I get a machine that goes ping in my pocket. Fine for a kid, but I get 300 emails a day - I don't want to be alerted because it is raining outside or justin Bieber posted something on twitter. And every time my work updates the device, all those notifications are on again. BlackBerry remembers it's settings when I get a new phone, let alone when the firmware gets updated.

Secondly, the calendar integration with an exchange server is a joke. This crappy thing seems to randomly alert me to meetings coming up plus or minus half an Hour from the time it starts. In 12 years of carrying a blackberry, I cannot remember ever being alerted late. This happens with android three or four times a day.

Next there is the fu king keyboard. Holy duck what a price of ****. My BlackBerry almost always gets the word right and when it does not, a simple backspace puts back what I typed so I can correct it. The android thing just keeps putting back the same correction. It is so ducking annoying I give up and get tho crappy.

And then there is the hub. The hub is a fabulous feature for which android has no answer.

Lastly, the BlackBerry is not only a mass storage device, it is a wireless NAS, making it dead simple to get files or off of it.

As for iPhone - it does not multi task and there is no wireless access to the file system. Hell, there is not even any access to the file system from a USB - you have to use iTunes. IPhone is a joke. The phone equivalent of buying a skoda because you like the color.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 03:10 PM
    I couldn't agree more!!!! In the 4-5 weeks I've had mine, I love my Passport and have no regrets coming back to BlackBerry. For handling 50 to 100 emails a day, nothing comes close.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 03:40 PM
    But BlackBerry haz no apps so all those advantages don't count.

-someguy

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 03:49 PM
    And I can't get Snapchat, Tinder, or Google Services to work perfectly on this phone, even though I know it's not an Android device. Such a piece of garbage, BlackBerry sucks!

/s

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-16-15 04:00 PM
    BlackBerry is not for you my friend!!

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    05-16-15 04:30 PM
    BlackBerry is not for you my friend!!

Posted via CB10
    Are we all sarcastic lol?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 04:36 PM
    Snap works flawless to serve the app junkies
    Enjoy your Passport and stay true with yourselves
    Amen!

 Posted via CB10 from my Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    bb624 likes this.
    05-16-15 05:15 PM
    App junkies are mostly gamers and those are better served with Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 because it downloads obb files and it offers in-app purchasing.
    05-16-15 05:18 PM
    I guess everyone overlooked the "/s" I added to the end of my post.

I kinda expected that though.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    Dave Bourque, moody and Toodeurep like this.
    05-16-15 05:28 PM
    App junkies are mostly gamers and those are better served with Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 because it downloads obb files and it offers in-app purchasing.
    BlackBerry 10 #1 smartphones.
    Mobile gaming I keep on nvidia shield. Different devices to suit their best purpose.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 05:33 PM
    I remember the Skoda. What a car.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 07:30 PM
    They won't allow you to use your BlackBerry at work???? WTH!!! You should quit your job!

-some guy

Posted from an ME173X
    bb624 likes this.
    05-16-15 09:53 PM
    I'd trade my Passport for a shiny new Skoda any day. Then sell the Skoda and buy a dozen Passports.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 07:37 AM
    I was forced to go to android by my work. The BlackBerry is much much much better at being a pim. Some examples:

Notifications can be centrally controlled on a BlackBerry. On android, every application has separate notification settings - and they ate all default on - so I either have to searching through every app looking for the notification settings or I get a machine that goes ping in my pocket. Fine for a kid, but I get 300 emails a day - I don't want to be alerted because it is raining outside or justin Bieber posted something on twitter. And every time my work updates the device, all those notifications are on again. BlackBerry remembers it's settings when I get a new phone, let alone when the firmware gets updated.

Secondly, the calendar integration with an exchange server is a joke. This crappy thing seems to randomly alert me to meetings coming up plus or minus half an Hour from the time it starts. In 12 years of carrying a blackberry, I cannot remember ever being alerted late. This happens with android three or four times a day.

Next there is the fu king keyboard. Holy duck what a price of ****. My BlackBerry almost always gets the word right and when it does not, a simple backspace puts back what I typed so I can correct it. The android thing just keeps putting back the same correction. It is so ducking annoying I give up and get tho crappy.

And then there is the hub. The hub is a fabulous feature for which android has no answer.

Lastly, the BlackBerry is not only a mass storage device, it is a wireless NAS, making it dead simple to get files or off of it.

As for iPhone - it does not multi task and there is no wireless access to the file system. Hell, there is not even any access to the file system from a USB - you have to use iTunes. IPhone is a joke. The phone equivalent of buying a skoda because you like the color.

Posted via CB10
    Everyone loves a skoda then.
    05-17-15 01:58 PM

IPhone is a joke. The phone equivalent of buying a skoda because you like the color.

Posted via CB10
    ^^^^this!

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    05-17-15 02:08 PM
    Couldn't agree more. I abandoned my iPhone 6+ for a Passport...Never looked back. Gotten a lot more work done thanks to the Passport.

-- Passport, VMO, Toronto CA
    05-17-15 02:19 PM
    I'm with you OP, and also a die hard BlackBerry fan. But just to be fair, the latest iPhones do multitask. A long press of the home button shows a screen where you can horizontally cycle through the background apps similar to how the PlayBook did it. It looks and works a little nicer than the standard Android implementation of "multitasking" or switching between apps IMO (well, probably since they got the idea from BlackBerry hehe).
    05-17-15 02:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    I used my S6 as my daily driver for work purposes only, (no games or social media) and my productivity level is still very high. I like that Samsung actually releases timely software updates. I can't say BB has any sense of urgency when it comes to resolving double typing issues, notification reply issues (all which I had with my passport). Another issue I had was with the battery draining cause their maps system sucked and I sideloaded Google maps for travel purposes. I got tired of relying on Dev team guys to fix BB software issues.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-17-15 06:16 PM
    Having a centralised notification centre is really handy! Love the hub

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 06:24 PM
    But BlackBerry haz no apps so all those advantages don't count.

-someguy

Posted via CB10
    Oh Dave...you funny.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    05-17-15 06:31 PM
    I used my S6 as my daily driver for work purposes only, (no games or social media) and my productivity level is still very high. I like that Samsung actually releases timely software updates. I can't say BB has any sense of urgency when it comes to resolving double typing issues, notification reply issues (all which I had with my passport). Another issue I had was with the battery draining cause their maps system sucked and I sideloaded Google maps for travel purposes. I got tired of relying on Dev team guys to fix BB software issues.

Oh come on.. a little one-sided don't you think? And the Samsung version of Google Android is just perfect? Give me a break.. I have many friends at work with the latest Samsung's and their not "entirely" happy with their devices.

For the most part BB10 is pretty damn solid!

Posted via CB10 on my Stylish & Efficient Z10
    05-17-15 06:36 PM
    Oh come on.. a little one-sided don't you think? And the Samsung version of Google Android is just perfect? Give me a break.. I have many friends at work with the latest Samsung's and their not "entirely" happy with their devices.

For the most part BB10 is pretty damn solid!

Posted via CB10 on my Stylish & Efficient Z10

They certainly update and patch bugs quickly. Blackberry on the other hand take months to even acknowledge an issue if at all. And the another few months before an update is released

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 06:42 PM
    But the Skoda had real problems starting on Canadian winter mornings. Shame. But kept CAA busy.

And the Skoda double typed as I recall.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 06:46 PM
    They certainly update and patch bugs quickly. Blackberry on the other hand take months to even acknowledge an issue if at all. And the another few months before an update is released

Posted via CB10
    Disagree wholeheartedly. Apple seems to have the worse bugs on release but they're the only one that can just push through any updates without the carriers putting up any barriers. Android updates are very few and far between.

So let try to keep things into perspective..

Posted via CB10 on my Stylish & Efficient Z30
    05-17-15 06:58 PM
    Disagree wholeheartedly. Apple seems to have the worse bugs on release but they're the only one that can just push through any updates without the carriers putting up any barriers. Android updates are very few and far between.

So let try to keep things into perspective..

Posted via CB10 on my Stylish & Efficient Z30
    Not sure what reality your in, but I disagree with you wholeheartedly regarding a droid OS updates. The fact your even comparing OS continuity tells me your another BB user in denial. Tell those Dev guys to work harder to resolve your BB OS issues cause BB itself will take their sweet time!

05-17-15 07:53 PM
54 123