Hello !
    Everything is in the title
    Just switched back from my Keyone for one reason : I love that device (K1), like how BB implemented BB10 features into Android BUT
    I've got too much issues with Keyone : feels cheaply built, keyboard is crackling, spacebar lights are not always working, phone calls are horrible (sound & reception)

I'm very sad because this device is fantastic, but I need a most robust one and that's why I came back with a beautiful Passport silver (Azerty)

Battery life is not as good as the K1 (I'm an heavy user), but I did forgot how much BB10 is a fantastic OS and the keyboard gestures are much better/fluid that those on the K1.
    The reception and call quality is far ahead the K1 !!! The DAC chip is wayyyyyyyy better (I've got very demanding earphones - Sony XBA-40) !!!

I know that device won't last for too long (BB10 support, lot of applications missing or not working properly) and I'm definitively looking for the upcoming K2 but for now, I'm really happy with the PP.

By the way, I'm a developer (my job) and I may try to develop apps for BB10 if I need specific functions... Will let you know

Also thanks for everyone trying to keep BB10 a viable platform (developers & users on CB : lot of useful threads !)
    Qorax, eiruvrav, elfabio80 and 2 others like this.
    05-11-18 02:52 AM
    Hello !
    Just switched back from my Keyone for one reason : I love that device (K1), like how BB implemented BB10 features into Android BUT
    I've got too much issues with Keyone : feels cheaply built, keyboard is crackling, spacebar lights are not always working, phone calls are horrible (sound & reception)

I'm very sad because this device is fantastic, but I need a most robust one and that's why I came back with a beautiful Passport silver (Azerty)

Battery life is not as good as the K1 (I'm an heavy user), but I did forgot how much BB10 is a fantastic OS and the keyboard gestures are much better/fluid that those on the K1.
    The reception and call quality is far ahead the K1 !!! The DAC chip is wayyyyyyyy better (I've got very demanding earphones - Sony XBA-40) !!!

I know that device won't last for too long (BB10 support, lot of applications missing or not working properly) and I'm definitively looking for the upcoming K2 but for now, I'm really happy with the PP.

By the way, I'm a developer (my job) and I may try to develop apps for BB10 if I need specific functions... Will let you know

Also thanks for everyone trying to keep BB10 a viable platform (developers & users on CB : lot of useful threads !)
    Everyone like keep Passport as a daily driver but the apps are pushing us to use android devices. Even a single android App creating a lot of heat on my passport.

Will miss my awesome Passport
    05-11-18 05:18 AM
    I've got too much issues with Keyone : feels cheaply built...
    That's exactly the reason one look and I decided against it. Compared to Passport the K1 feels el cheapo.
    05-11-18 05:40 AM
    Hello !

The BB10 Passport is just awesome. The BB10 Os is the best for me until all Passport SEs die ....
    06-03-18 06:24 PM
    Hello !

Let me guess, you have an early Silver KEYone. I also feel like those specific batch units had room for improvement. But that was fixed in later built units, starting with July and forth.

I'm currently on a Black Edition and while I do kind of miss the Silver's looks, I am very satisfied with mine's build quality, which is a BBB100-2 unlocked, built 28/09/2017.

Look, maybe a PPSE is still a tank compared to it, fine. But the overall user experience and pros far outweigh the cons of dealing with BB10 in second half of 2018, in my opinion.

Still waiting for KEY2!
    guizmox likes this.
    06-04-18 04:11 AM
    Let me guess, you have an early Silver KEYone. I also feel like those specific batch units had room for improvement. But that was fixed in later built units, starting with July and forth.

I'm currently on a Black Edition and while I do kind of miss the Silver's looks, I am very satisfied with mine's build quality, which is a BBB100-2 unlocked, built 28/09/2017.

Look, maybe a PPSE is still a tank compared to it, fine. But the overall user experience and pros far outweigh the cons of dealing with BB10 in second half of 2018, in my opinion.

Still waiting for KEY2!
    Yes, you're probably right, I've got a device from april 2017.

A lot of details that annoy me (awful call quality, crackles coming from the microphone when the device is on the 4G band - crackles that are present in the audio of recorded videos ! -, the spacebar which sometimes does not work, some crackling from the keyboard, erratic touch sensitive keyboard, crappy DAC...)

I'm looking forward for the K2 as well, but for now I'm still using the PPSE (did not used it since 3 years) and I love it : call quality keyboard and sound (from speakers and from the DAC chip) are really amazing, I was not thinking such a gap betweek the 2 devices.
    Of course I'm worried about some things (battery life, lack of social media apps, size of the device) but for now I prefer using it and leave the Key1 in its box
    06-04-18 04:20 AM

A lot of details that annoy me (awful call quality, crackles coming from the microphone when the device is on the 4G band - crackles that are present in the audio of recorded videos ! -, the spacebar which sometimes does not work, some crackling from the keyboard, erratic touch sensitive keyboard, crappy DAC...)

I'm looking forward for the K2 as well, but for now I'm still using the PPSE (did not used it since 3 years) and I love it : call quality keyboard and sound (from speakers and from the DAC chip) are really amazing, I was not thinking such a gap betweek the 2 devices.
    Of course I'm worried about some things (battery life, lack of social media apps, size of the device) but for now I prefer using it and leave the Key1 in its box
    I'm not a fan of early Silver KEYone units, especially April! It began to get more acceptable by late June, but screen lift was fixed early July
    06-04-18 05:35 AM
    Fortunately, mine did not -at least, for now- suffered from screen lift (despite having been exposed to humidity, warm or cold temperatures)
    06-04-18 07:27 AM

I owned the passport se and for the time I liked it but better than my keyone? Not a chance. Its more comfortable to hold with a more superior and up to date OS. BB10 is dead. Not to mention the PKB is more comfortable to type on.
    06-04-18 07:36 AM
    I did not insinuated that the PPSE was superior for everyone. It is, in my specific case

Not to mention the PKB is more comfortable to type on.
    I like the K1 keyboard but not the materiel they used for it : When my hands are a bit greasy, I can't type on it easily : it sticks (not happening on the PP)
    06-04-18 07:42 AM
    I did not insinuated that the PPSE was superior for everyone. It is, in my specific case

I like the K1 keyboard but not the materiel they used for it : When my hands are a bit greasy, I can't type on it easily : it sticks (not happening on the PP)
    KEY2 will finally give us matte keys, so no more sweaty typing
    guizmox likes this.
    06-04-18 07:51 AM
    I hope so ! I really hope they learned from the first device to finally achieve a killer pkb phone (with as few cheap components as possible) !
    06-04-18 08:11 AM
    I hope so ! I really hope they learned from the first device to finally achieve a killer pkb phone (with as few cheap components as possible) !
    If BBMo didn't have the BBltd tax, we could have more features for the same price. There would just not be a BB logo on the phone and no BB software.
    06-04-18 08:48 AM
    If BBMo didn't have the BBltd tax, we could have more features for the same price. There would just not be a BB logo on the phone and no BB software.
    ...And that BB Logo, the Root of Trust & BB apps are the reason why I was OK to switch to an Android device... That security is (for me) like a component. Some want a better camera, some others, a better screen, i prefer a better security. So I don't have any problem paying that tax as a replacement of something else other phones could have for the same price.

(I'm sorry about my low level in English !)
    06-04-18 08:57 AM
    ...And that BB Logo, the Root of Trust & BB apps are the reason why I was OK to switch to an Android device... That security is (for me) like a component. Some want a better camera, some others, a better screen, i prefer a better security. So I don't have any problem paying that tax as a replacement of something else other phones could have for the same price.

(I'm sorry about my low level in English !)
    Agreed. But an IP rating would be really nice. I'd sacrifice other features to have it.
    06-04-18 09:17 AM
    I am on eBay looking for a 2nd hand Passport black or Silver Edition, asking crazy money for one, I have a KEYone B.E and love it (my 1st Blackberry) just like to see how the original OS stacks up, I carry 2 phones so the Passport will be my work phone
    06-09-18 05:09 PM
    I am on eBay looking for a 2nd hand Passport black or Silver Edition, asking crazy money for one, I have a KEYone B.E and love it (my 1st Blackberry) just like to see how the original OS stacks up, I carry 2 phones so the Passport will be my work phone
    Don't expect much more from the Passport other than calls, text, e-mail, limited browsing and a hit-or-miss experience with old android apps
    06-17-18 08:50 AM