If the item has not been shipped, you can cancel the order. If it has been shipped, you can return it when received but have to pay for return postage which would not be much considering still save $100 as well as less sales tax...

Just a suggestion.....
    11-22-14 09:05 PM
    No need to return your Passports and reorder Amazon buyers.
    I went on the Customer Help Returns chat and they gave me a refund.
    Black Friday deal on Passport 9 in US-picsart_1416712099164.jpg

Posted via CB10
    geekaren, GeoK and jdesignz like this.
    11-22-14 09:09 PM
    Just ordered another one from Amazon.

Cheers

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    11-22-14 09:26 PM
    Not sure. Why not just ask Amazon if they'd be wiling to refund the $100 difference?
    Amazon gave me a $100 credit after I contacted cs by email. I had purchased for 599 on Nov 11. They responded in a hour. Use the link from the page listing your past orders.

Z10 > Q10 > Passport
    GeoK likes this.
    11-22-14 09:36 PM
    Because of Black Friday?

Posted via CB10
    Is Apple doing it?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:40 PM
    Is Apple doing it?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, retailers have Black Friday deals on Apple products. I just went to Google.com and searched for "Apple Black Friday deals" and found the answer to your question quite easily
    11-22-14 10:30 PM
    I don't mind that the USA gets special pricing. People have to remember that they don't have the carrier support we have in Canada. BlackBerry has to do something while trying to improve carrier relations in their country.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    wrusprod likes this.
    11-22-14 11:05 PM
    Does anyone know if a can down BlackBerry Passport would work in the UK? I'm looking to buy from Canada as I have family there and then use back in UK.

Anyone know if it will work, I'm on o2 by the way.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 11:10 PM
    Yes, retailers have Black Friday deals on Apple products. I just went to Google.com and searched for "Apple Black Friday deals" and found the answer to your question quite easily
    Really? Apple gives discounts on iPhones that they sell direct?! Serious question. I only know of carrier discounts.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 12:20 AM
    guy - short question - will Passport from US work in UK?

does it have kinda full band spectre?
    It will indeed work in the UK. There is currently only one Passport model, and it supports the following bands:

FD-LTE: 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,13,17,20
    HSPA +: 1,2,4,5/6, 8, EDGE
    11-23-14 12:42 AM
    Does anyone know if a can down BlackBerry Passport would work in the UK? I'm looking to buy from Canada as I have family there and then use back in UK.

Anyone know if it will work, I'm on o2 by the way.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    It'll work just fine. There's only one model of the Passsport these days, and it supports the following bands:

FD-LTE: 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,13,17,20
    HSPA +: 1,2,4,5/6, 8, EDGE
    11-23-14 12:44 AM
    Just bought a new passport for my brother for 499.00 off Amazon. 503.00 shipped to my door on Monday. This has to be the best device for 499.00, without a dought.

Going to let a couple of friends know this morning who where interested after looking at mine and where debating at 599, this will change their minds for sure.

Is does **** me off that our Canadian neighbors and the rest of the world for that matter didn't get the 499 US pricing, but this might be a good way to jump start the brand here in the USA.

Smart move BlackBerry, get OS10 into the consumers hands.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    You want to be my personal loan officer? Haha I get paid in 2 weeks but by then, the discount is over......ahhahah

OG Mexican with Z10 on CB10
    bakron1 and almeju like this.
    11-23-14 12:55 AM
    No need to return your Passports and reorder Amazon buyers.
    I went on the Customer Help Returns chat and they gave me a refund.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PicsArt_1416712099164.jpg 
Views:	1179 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	316290

Posted via CB10
    Tried chatting cs. Negative.

Posted via CB10
    stevie_wonder likes this.
    11-23-14 01:25 AM
    Really? Apple gives discounts on iPhones that they sell direct?! Serious question. I only know of carrier discounts.

Posted via CB10
    Why are you so serious about this? One, this is a Black Friday deal. Nothing complicated about this. Two, this has nothing to do with Apple at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 01:28 AM
    Yeah, that taxes thingie... kinda sux...

Anyone knows, if my friend, resident of USA, would send new passport to me to UK - will it still be taxable, or marked as gift therefore no vat/import tax?

Posted via CB10
    There may be a duty charge but it's hard to know for sure.

At least you know what it will cost if you get from Amazon. So you are bound to save a few quid.
    Irrelevant whether it's a gift or not, anything imported is subject to VAT at 20%. You could get away with the VAT if the parcel is in someone's baggage, not likely through a courier or postage.
    11-23-14 01:34 AM
    $241 with tax

Attachment 316115
    Thanks for posting your order information. I'm going to identity theft you. Your Z30 will be shipped to me instead. Muwahahaha!

Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    11-23-14 01:37 AM
    Amazon gave me a $100 credit after I contacted cs by email. I had purchased for 599 on Nov 11. They responded in a hour. Use the link from the page listing your past orders.
    Wow, you got lucky! I had purchased for $599 on Nov 4 and CS wouldn't give me a refund for the price difference. Instead, I had to purchase a new one at the lower price and they sent me a return postage label to send back my original Passport.

Whoa! Good thing I ordered the new Passport while on the phone with CS -- it looks like the Amazon price is back to $599.
    11-23-14 01:38 AM
    It depends on your definition of discount. Last year, Apple gave gift cards when select devices were purchased, which is quite clever in that they don't actually lose money out-of-pocket immediately and the consumer must buy another product to "save" money.
    11-23-14 01:46 AM
    It depends on your definition of discount. Last year, Apple gave gift cards when select devices were purchased, which is quite clever in that they don't actually lose money out-of-pocket immediately and the consumer must buy another product to "save" money.
    BlackBerry should do the same. This looks more like a fire sale on Passports than a deal. It's also a huge middle finger to early supporters. The device has been on the market for what, 1.5 months?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 01:54 AM
    BlackBerry is not Apple. Once one understands this everything will be okay.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 02:21 AM
    I don't mind that the USA gets special pricing. People have to remember that they don't have the carrier support we have in Canada. BlackBerry has to do something while trying to improve carrier relations in their country.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    As an American, I also don't like the fact that we get the extra discount versus our Canadian neighbors,

But, along with you I think it's a smart move by BlackBerry to at least try and get the device into the hands of future users here in the USA to jump start the brand here again.

xBURK likes this.
    11-23-14 04:07 AM
    BlackBerry should do the same. This looks more like a fire sale on Passports than a deal. It's also a huge middle finger to early supporters. The device has been on the market for what, 1.5 months?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's a fire sale, I just think it's more of a timing issue. I also bought 2 passports at launch and I don't feel I was cheated.

Black Friday discounts are a major deal for retailers here in the USA and I just think Blackberry wanted to get an early start.

11-23-14 04:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    No worries dejan, it will be back to same price after the event so you can sleep calm

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 05:37 AM
    499 I could possibly do, sadly Canada is still 100 over the US. I well my wait continues

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 05:40 AM
    Well, they could pull an Apple and permanently drop the price, like with the original iPhone...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/07/te...pple.html?_r=0

"SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 6 — In June, they were calling it the God Phone. On Thursday, it was the Chump Phone.

People who had rushed to buy the Apple iPhone over the last two months suddenly and embarrassingly found that they had overpaid by $200 for the year’s most coveted gadget."

You're advocating for BlackBerry to copy Apple, right?
    11-23-14 06:02 AM
144 12345 ...