I have recently moved to the Passport from Bold 9900. In Bold, in the Calendar App, we could define/set 'alarms'. These were different from Meetings. They had a start date, preferred time of the day for the alarm, recurring frequency etc. I have been looking for similar functionality in the Passport - any idea of how/where is this functionality available? The Remember App does not seem to have a 'reccurring frequency' as an attribute. Or, is using the Normal Meeting functionality the only workaround for this?

Cheers.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-05-14 03:38 AM
    You CAN set multiple alarms in the Clock app, if that's any consolation. And they do show in the calendar.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-05-14 03:54 AM
    Thanks for the response. I had tried the Clock option - however, the Recurring Frequency covers only the 7 days of the week - it doesn't provide an option for an Annual Recurring Frequency, for example. Thanks, again, for the response.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-05-14 02:08 PM
    Apologies, If I am being dumb - but are you saying that the Passport does not have a way to add a recurring calendar date? like a Birthday? or setting a weekly appointment e.g every Monday @ 2.00pm for a year?

Thanks
    10-05-14 02:20 PM
    I have recently moved to the Passport from Bold 9900. In Bold, in the Calendar App, we could define/set 'alarms'. These were different from Meetings. They had a start date, preferred time of the day for the alarm, recurring frequency etc. I have been looking for similar functionality in the Passport - any idea of how/where is this functionality available? The Remember App does not seem to have a 'reccurring frequency' as an attribute. Or, is using the Normal Meeting functionality the only workaround for this?

Cheers.
    You set it in the sub options of the actual calendar entry. You can set quite a few things actually. Repeats,reminders, alarm snooze etc!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-05-14 02:37 PM
    It is done in the calendar, you just may have to scroll down a bit to see the section with the repeat options.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-05-14 02:41 PM
    No, I didn't mean that! Obviously, the Calendar App in the Passport does support all the needs for scheduling meetings including recurring frequencies and conference call details!
    The 'Alarm' that I mentioned from the 'Bold World' was an option within Calendar where it opened up a slightly different screen defining a Title, day & specific time and recurring frequency. I presume the simplest solution would be to use the Standard Meeting functionality for this need.
    10-05-14 03:49 PM
    Thanks to everybody for the responses!

Cheers.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-05-14 03:57 PM
    Thanks to everybody for the responses!

Cheers.
    Did you figure it out?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 04:09 PM
    In 10.3.1 you can set alarms from the calender
    Black Berry Passport - How to Set Alarms in the Calendar App?-img_20141005_171758.png

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 04:18 PM
    Hi Rob - Well, I just solved the issue by using the Standard Calendar Meeting functionality.
    10-05-14 05:31 PM
    This is exactly what I was looking for! Good to know its there in 10.3.1 - yet to get there!
    10-05-14 05:32 PM
    No, I didn't mean that! Obviously, the Calendar App in the Passport does support all the needs for scheduling meetings including recurring frequencies and conference call details!
    The 'Alarm' that I mentioned from the 'Bold World' was an option within Calendar where it opened up a slightly different screen defining a Title, day & specific time and recurring frequency. I presume the simplest solution would be to use the Standard Meeting functionality for this need.
    Again when adding an entry the row above notes is where the tags are including alarms. Hit the icon and alarm options sub menu will pop up.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-05-14 06:16 PM