That was it! Sorry for bugging you with that. I should have figured that out myself because I did swipe down but didn't mess with screen size.

The Vector app seems much better than Pebble in terms of speed and aesthetics. This could be interesting.
    10-31-16 09:09 PM
    I have it working! My experience is much like yours as you reported it.

The good: the fit and finish is outstanding. It's like a Rolls Royce Pebble Steel. I don't need the SteelConnect adapter to use a nice strap like on my Pebble Steel, so it looks even better. I have the black square one, but the stainless square one is the best looking. The round ones suffer a little from a huge bezel, but are also cool looking (and much more expensive).

The action on the buttons feels better than Pebble Steel, but mine from EBay is not so good in one button (was sticking).

It was much easier to set up than I expected. Dragging and dropping streams into watch faces was a little funky. You have to press and hold the stream a little bit. (Current temp is not a stream but you can put the day/date into the watch face.)

I guess I will start to enjoy the battery life. I was charging my Pebble every day. This was a real consideration.

The bad: it's much less functional. I don't think the music app, the ESPN app or the Uber app work. All of these were running great on my Pebble, and I used them a lot.

Also, having immediate access to all of your emails and texts is pretty nice on the Pebble and being able to scroll around them is awesome.

I can't figure out how to get my calendar items to display around the perimeter. There should be a way to have an outline marking what periods of time you have an appointment according to what I have seen.

These are really cool watches, and I expect that they will improve their functionality. I wonder if the issues with Uber, ESPN, etc. is on the Vector side or a conflict with BB10. (I think Rodger has indicated the same uncertainty.) If it's on the Vector side, they might start working.
    10-31-16 11:31 PM
    I forgot to try apps last time I fired up my Vector with Android, so can't tell if it's a BlackBerry 10 restriction or not. I'll try to test it this week.

The main restrictions for an Android app (like Vector app) that runs on BlackBerry 10 is that it cannot access your sms, emails, calendars and most of your contacts. So, a calendar 'stream' will never work for us BlackBerry 10 users, because Vector app isn't able to access your calendar.

How Bridge works is that it monitors your sms, emails and calendars and send those as a message to Vector Android app, so they appear as a notification on watch. Vector Android app becomes like a transmitter for Bridge, it's just a gateway so that a text message can be displayed on watch. On Pebble, this gateway is bi-directional, but on Vector it is one way, from phone to watch. This means that Bridge can't receive message from Vector watch, like a stream request.

For your calendar, the only option you have is to set the amount of time ahead an event you want to receive a notification on watch, go in Bridge app, swipe down from top and select Settings, expand Calendar option and set the reminder timing to whatever you prefer. On BlackBerry 10, it will unfortunately never work within a watchface stream.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 12:39 AM
    Thanks, Rodger. In that case, how could these apps run with BB10? For example, with the Uber app I use the Pebble watch to tell the phone where I am, what sort of car I want, etc. With the ESPN (or sports) app on Pebble I have to use the watch to tell the phone what sport I am interested in, what game I want, etc.

If the phone is blinded to the Vector watch, this seems like it couldn't work.

My errors are coming up early. I can give you error messages but I don't have anything installed at moment.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 02:58 AM
    Very strange -- the volume down button works for the music app. I found this out by accident. The volume up button works only one tick and then becomes useless.

I cannot stop/start but being up to turn down and then up would be nice. Wonder why volume up works only one tick.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 05:24 AM
    Also, I must have misunderstood what you wrote, Rodger. The phone must be able to receive input from the watch to some degree if the volume down button works. Is this just a freak thing? Or was your statement limited to streams?
    11-01-16 10:36 AM
    Vector watch is capable of two way communication with Vector app, but Vector watch cannot do the same with Bridge.

As Vector app is an Android app run on BlackBerry 10, it can't access calendar, so the calendar stream will never work on BlackBerry (the only exception is if you create a calendar entry to a local calendar using an Android app). If Bridge would have been able to communicate both ways with the watch, maybe Bridge would have been able to help for streams, or at least get BlackBerry exclusive streams, but unfortunately it will not be possible.

The way Internet access for Android apps is handled on BlackBerry 10 is slightly different than how it is handled on an Android device, again maybe Bridge would have been able to help if there was a two way communication between Vector watch and Bridge, but Bridge can only send message to the Vector app (which is then resent to Vector watch), Bridge never receive anything back from Vector watch or Vector app.

That's what I meant.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 11:51 AM
    Thanks. Then maybe the volume down button works because the watch is talking directly to the Vector Android app in that limited instance.

And the Pebble apps that work so well on BB10 must also work because the watch can talk directly to the Android Pebble app? (I thought that everything ran through Bridge on the Pebble but sounds like the apps might not unless Bridge does more with the Pebble platform.)
    11-01-16 03:52 PM
    Update: Had to get a new Vector because one I bought on Ebay had a faulty button. I got a stainless steel Meridian for under $100. I recommend that stainless steel version. Unlike the Pebble Steel, the stainless is the more attractive between the options on these watches. (The black has sort of a rubbery looking finish that seems plasticy. I can't speak for the Luna, but I bet it's about the same.)

After getting over the learning curve, I am very, very happy with this watch. The Pebble Steel I had could do more but the Vector is so premium. It looks like a premium auto Swiss watch, which is what I used to wear before Pebble. For under $100 this is a true steal! You can get new ones now for under $200 I think.

The square shape of the Meridian reminds me of a Cartier but meatier. It's much more readable, and I'm realizing that the Pebble Steel was sliding around my wrist unless I made it uncomfortably tight. Now it just feels like a premium watch that gives me notifications.

The notifications are good enough. You get a clever visual notification as well as a vibrate through a ring that goes around the watchface if you have a new notification. I can't read full emails, but I do get full notifications like blackbullet messages.

Unlike Pebble Steel, I can use my own premium metal mesh bracelet without messing with an add-on Steel Connect adapter piece. (If you get the stock metal bracelet, it is more than nice enough. It is big step above Pebble's metal band that is not solid steel (which you can tell from a side view).)

Thanks, Rodger, for giving this obscure maker a chance on BB10! I hope you find time to improve the functionality if it's even possible but I understand the economics of it. These guys are playing to a tiny niche. I think they are mainly selling in Europe. This is not surprising given where they are designed and the emphasis on aesthetics. Damn good looking watch!
    11-11-16 03:55 PM
    Vector made some nice updates to the Android app. Now I can also display watch or phone battery life, current weather or forecast as a stream on the watch faces I choose. There are some cool new watch faces. Nice to see the brand continuing to develop after Pebble folded.

I have not tested all of the apps. Many won't work but some good ones do.

Prices on new Vectors have dropped "bigly" on Amazon.
    12-07-16 01:37 AM
    I should add that at least the weather stream is not updating so disregard what I said about streams. Watch battery life is irrelevant since it lasts a month plus.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-16 01:23 PM
    It seems like previous versions of Vector app didn't play nice with BlackBerry 10 anymore, fortunately the latest one seems to work on my Passport, even though there's a notification in the app saying you need Google Play Services, in my case I just clicked the ok button, which took me to Google Play store, but came back to Vector where I was able to use the app normally. I seem to receive all notifications as before, let's hope this new Google Play dependency will not affect us too much.

Here's the latest Vector apk file that was installed on my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2049 :
    https://app.box.com/s/ptz5bezl6jvet1m60i7b5irbldkil8yp

Let me know if you have issues with the app.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 10:14 PM
    I'll try to modify Bridge to let users know the best way to update Vector app when an update is needed, maybe through a Hub notification or something.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 10:17 PM
    Thanks, Roger! I was able to get it working again using your apk file. Also, the trick might've been that when it warned me that this app uses the google play store and suggest that I click "OK" instead I clicked on the back arrow in the bottom left of my screen.

Previously, when I would receive this message I would click on the okay button and then the app would close down on me.

Another thing that I did was that when I uninstalled the prior version of the app I not only deleted it using ghost commander, I also manually deleted the vector related files in the android folder.

Installing this app really is very simple but I could see someone getting caught on this PS issue and getting discouraged if they don't know what to do.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 12:01 AM
    Last thing: Roger's linked apk version has a lot more faces, apps and streams than the last one I was using. Not sure how many of the apps and streams we can use but is reassuring after Pebble's developments.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 12:30 AM
    To all (the few, the proud?) that have the Vector SmartWatch + BB10 + Rodger Leblanc's Bridge:
    I have had a simply great experience with my Vector Luna and Passport/BB10. Better than my old Sony 2/android. The only functional downside for my 'old eyes' is the text (white on black) would be much easier for me if it were white on black.
    Nonetheless, Vector Watch engineering has been sold to FitBit. Vector will no longer be updating the Vector Watch software. Ver. 2.0 is it. Based on FirBit's acquisition of pebble Watch, it's a safe bet that any support is vanished as well...effective immediately. I have no idea what FitBit has in mind with these 'e-Ink' display SmartWatch acquisitions.

I am awaiting delivery of a TicWatch shortly,and my bet is it will to function on BB10 + Rodger's Bridge. Unfortunately BB10's time is effectively run out, even though many of us who know it to be exponentially superior to literally every other platform out there. I will use my Passport,and then the backup Passport I have until they die...before I go to the inferior platforms.

I want to personally thank Rodger Leblanc for his visionary software app(s), which proved BB10 could indeed provide all of the functionality of other platforms, at a fraction of the security risk.
    01-12-17 04:07 PM
    I am using a Vector Luna with Blackberry Passport SE. Please tell me if caller ID should work in conjuction with Bridge or not. I am able to get call notifications but only the phone number despite the fact that the number was sved in the phone and associated with a name.
    I have got Bridge and I have followed the instructions, I have also installed Android Vector app, registerd the watch and updated it to the latest version.
    02-28-17 01:22 PM
    I am using a Vector Luna with Blackberry Passport SE. Please tell me if caller ID should work in conjuction with Bridge or not. I am able to get call notifications but only the phone number despite the fact that the number was sved in the phone and associated with a name.
    I have got Bridge and I have followed the instructions, I have also installed Android Vector app, registerd the watch and updated it to the latest version.
    Caller ID is totally handled by Vector app, Bridge doesn't interfere in the process.

Someone said some contact name would not show if the phone number had country number in it (if I recall correctly), let me try to ping him to see if he has more information on the subject.
    02-28-17 01:32 PM
    Thank you Rodger. Unfortunately the number I have tested with does not have the country code in it.
    I am almost sure I am doing something wrong but I can not grok what is it.
    02-28-17 01:47 PM
    I have this problem and from my observations, as Roger said, it was because of the way I store my contacts (with country code, which in my case is +368 for Slovenia).

My experience with the issue is that only numbers without it would get caller's name properly displayed, although this occurred only with two different contacts (rarely I store them without the code). I haven't yet tested it enough to tell you for certain, but maybe you could play with it.

The other possibility would be phone numbers length. In Slovenia we have 9 digit numbers or with country code it's 11 digits and a plus sign. Although I doubt the length has anything to do with it.
    02-28-17 05:23 PM
    I have checked and the test contact it is not stored with country code. I have disabled smart dialing on the passport and on the phone I was calling from. Is there some other place to check?
    Is it normal that I can not close vector watch app?
    02-28-17 11:58 PM
    My phone is Q5, although this shouldn't make a difference. Neither should smart dialing since that is for outgoing calls only (at least that's my understanding). You can check which number gets displayed on Passport when calling from your test phone. If it's without country code, then there are no settings appending it.

No, you should be able to close it from memory monitor even when running in the background.

I hope I'll remember to check it out on my own later today. But other then testing and guessing I can't really do anything since I don't have the source code of Vector app.
    03-01-17 02:33 AM
    Hi.i have a bbz30 and a vector meridian.i have installed all google apk, i have downloaded bridge and bridge droid, and vector watch app.yesterday.however, even if my warch is connected to the phone, i only receive call alerts, no mail, no sms alerts. It says on bridge app that is free to try 3 days before you buy it.i have downloaded a week ago, but installed only yesterday.i am curious why is not working, cause i intend to buy the app if it's working, but if i only get call alerts i rather sell the watch.
    05-24-17 11:03 AM
    Hi.i have a bbz30 and a vector meridian.i have installed all google apk, i have downloaded bridge and bridge droid, and vector watch app.yesterday.however, even if my warch is connected to the phone, i only receive call alerts, no mail, no sms alerts. It says on bridge app that is free to try 3 days before you buy it.i have downloaded a week ago, but installed only yesterday.i am curious why is not working, cause i intend to buy the app if it's working, but if i only get call alerts i rather sell the watch.
    Hi, your trial started on install, should have made that clearer. Send me an email at info (at) CellNinja (dot) ca and I'll give you a free unlock code for Bridge, you won't have to pay for it.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 06:20 PM
    Hi, your trial started on install, should have made that clearer. Send me an email at info (at) CellNinja (dot) ca and I'll give you a free unlock code for Bridge, you won't have to pay for it.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, i've sent you an email. thanks.
    05-25-17 01:47 AM
125 ... 345