Well, I upgraded to a priv now... and the vector works just fine with it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-06-16 01:27 AM
    BlackBerry Passport SE, latest OS (installed according to the webpage):

General notifications: work

Calls: can be seen when someone calls. However can't pick them up nor cancel them using the watch.

Sms: work, message and number / name can be seen

Email: work partially, I can see the name of the sender and the email description, but not the email itself

BBM: does not work

No other hub services work.
    The bluetooth connection stability seems worse than previous version of the app (no clue if it's the vector or the bridge app though).

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 07:10 AM
    BlackBerry Passport SE, latest OS (installed according to the webpage):

General notifications: work

Calls: can be seen when someone calls. However can't pick them up nor cancel them using the watch.

Sms: work, message and number / name can be seen

Email: work partially, I can see the name of the sender and the email description, but not the email itself

BBM: does not work

No other hub services work.
    The bluetooth connection stability seems worse than previous version of the app (no clue if it's the vector or the bridge app though).

Posted via CB10
    In Bridge, make sure you click on "I Own A Vector" button on main screen.

Email: That's how Vector wanted it, I could have send the whole message but I was asked to only include sender and subject of the email.

BBM: Have you added BBM contacts in Bridge Settings page? You won't get any BBM message until you add BBM contacts in Settings page.

Other Hub accounts: You also need to enable them in Bridge Settings page.

Bluetooth connection: Bridge doesn't have anything to do with bluetooth, the concept of Bridge is it provides a way for Android apps to know what's happening in BlackBerry side of the phone, an Android doesn't have access to that part. So, when an email or SMS comes in, Bridge sends it to Vector app. Same goes with Calendar, BBM or other Hub warning, all those aren't available to Android apps so they are sent with Bridge to the Android app.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 08:12 AM
    In Bridge, make sure you click on "I Own A Vector" button on main screen.

Email: That's how Vector wanted it, I could have send the whole message but I was asked to only include sender and subject of the email.

BBM: Have you added BBM contacts in Bridge Settings page? You won't get any BBM message until you add BBM contacts in Settings page.

Other Hub accounts: You also need to enable them in Bridge Settings page.

Bluetooth connection: Bridge doesn't have anything to do with bluetooth, the concept of Bridge is it provides a way for Android apps to know what's happening in BlackBerry side of the phone, an Android doesn't have access to that part. So, when an email or SMS comes in, Bridge sends it to Vector app. Same goes with Calendar, BBM or other Hub warning, all those aren't available to Android apps so they are sent with Bridge to the Android app.

Posted via CB10
    BBM: I have now added my BBM contacts. However things still don't show, unless I go to hub and click on the BBM message, then they get forwarded to the watch.

In contrary to the android functionality the calls cannot be accepted / rejected.

I have enabled all other accounts I use in the bridge app. Still when receiving message from Facebook they are not forwarded.
    Can't say much about whatsapp, first when someone writes me back...

Thanks Rodger, keep it up

Edit: whatsapp works

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Narhim; 03-06-16 at 04:09 PM.
    03-06-16 10:02 AM
    Well, I upgraded to a priv now... and the vector works just fine with it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Really? Emails and texts through the hub all get to the watch?
    03-06-16 05:04 PM
    I've encountered kind of a bug. Sometimes when I get a message / mail the connection between the watch and the phone gets lost for a second, then comes back again...

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 09:51 AM
    I've encountered kind of a bug. Sometimes when I get a message / mail the connection between the watch and the phone gets lost for a second, then comes back again...

Posted via CB10
    Can you try to find a pattern when this happens, something like :
    - Is the email really long?
    - Was there an attachment to the email?
    - Was it an email sent to a group of people?
    - Was the screen opened or closed?
    - On mobile data or wifi?
    - How many bluetooth devices connected at the same time?

If you could find a way to reproduce, that would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 12:29 PM
    Can you try to find a pattern when this happens, something like :
    - Is the email really long?
    - Was there an attachment to the email?
    - Was it an email sent to a group of people?
    - Was the screen opened or closed?
    - On mobile data or wifi?
    - How many bluetooth devices connected at the same time?

If you could find a way to reproduce, that would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    It happens with whatsapp and occasionally with email (gmail).
    I am on mobile network all time.
    Only the watch is connected.
    Messages / mails sent onlyy to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 04:20 PM
    It happens with whatsapp and occasionally with email (gmail).
    I am on mobile network all time.
    Only the watch is connected.
    Messages / mails sent onlyy to me.

Posted via CB10
    Are you using WhatsApp BB10 version or Android version?

I noticed that uninstalling any Android app would make my Pebble disconnect, that's an Android Runtime bug but as it automatically reconnects a few seconds later, it's not a big issue to me. I don't own a Vector myself so it's hard to test, but if you have any other info, please share it here and I'll make everything I can to try to fix whatever I can fix.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 07:32 PM
    Are you using WhatsApp BB10 version or Android version?

I noticed that uninstalling any Android app would make my Pebble disconnect, that's an Android Runtime bug but as it automatically reconnects a few seconds later, it's not a big issue to me. I don't own a Vector myself so it's hard to test, but if you have any other info, please share it here and I'll make everything I can to try to fix whatever I can fix.

Posted via CB10
    I have the BlackBerry version of whatsapp. My feeling tells me that something is making a mess when a mail or message gets forwarded to the watch resp. to the runtime feeding it to the watch (not sure how it works exactly). No clue if it's the runtime or the communication between bridge and vector and certainly have no clue where Bluetooth comes into the equation (android vector app uses the BlackBerry bluetooth to communicate with the watch. May the bridge to bridge droid interface cause it?)..
    Do you live in Switzerland?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 09:41 AM
    I have the BlackBerry version of whatsapp. My feeling tells me that something is making a mess when a mail or message gets forwarded to the watch resp. to the runtime feeding it to the watch (not sure how it works exactly). No clue if it's the runtime or the communication between bridge and vector and certainly have no clue where Bluetooth comes into the equation (android vector app uses the BlackBerry bluetooth to communicate with the watch. May the bridge to bridge droid interface cause it?)..
    Do you live in Switzerland?

Posted via CB10
    An email goes a long road before appearing on your watch, let me try to explain in simple terms :
    1) Device receive an email, which is sent to the Hub.
    2) Bridge is automatically warned about the new email.
    3) Bridge sends it to Bridge Droid through local network (similar to how internet works).
    4) Bridge Droid uses an Intent to send it to Vector app. Intents are the official Android communication.
    5) Vector uses bluetooth to send it to the watch.

Bridge and Bridge Droid doesn't interfere with bluetooth at all, it never tries to connect to bluetooth or tries to intercept bluetooth communication. In fact, I often have 3 bluetooth devices connected at the same time and don't have any bluetooth issue : Pebble, headset and BlackBerry Music Gateway.

Please continue to give me as much info as you have (when you have new info), as even if the issue seems to be related to bluetooth, it might also be related to Android Runtime.

I'm in Canada, but my real job is truck driver by night. I also have two young kids, which are awake during the day obviously. So my wake-up time might be completely messed up and hard to follow.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 10:25 AM
    An email goes a long road before appearing on your watch, let me try to explain in simple terms :
    1) Device receive an email, which is sent to the Hub.
    2) Bridge is automatically warned about the new email.
    3) Bridge sends it to Bridge Droid through local network (similar to how internet works).
    4) Bridge Droid uses an Intent to send it to Vector app. Intents are the official Android communication.
    5) Vector uses bluetooth to send it to the watch.

Bridge and Bridge Droid doesn't interfere with bluetooth at all, it never tries to connect to bluetooth or tries to intercept bluetooth communication. In fact, I often have 3 bluetooth devices connected at the same time and don't have any bluetooth issue : Pebble, headset and BlackBerry Music Gateway.

Please continue to give me as much info as you have (when you have new info), as even if the issue seems to be related to bluetooth, it might also be related to Android Runtime.

I'm in Canada, but my real job is truck driver by night. I also have two young kids, which are awake during the day obviously. So my wake-up time might be completely messed up and hard to follow.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, so managed to pinpoint the issue a bit. Whatsapp seems to cause the trouble mainly when screen is on, rarely it is being caused by whatsapp and gmail emails when screen is off.
    I would try another runtime, the passport is running very well with the new one... let's see after the update to 10.3.3

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 06:26 AM
    Might be connected to this:
    When I receive a message and look at the watch, it works aside the rare occasions when the signal gets lost for a millisecond and then kicks in again, happens mainly when several messages arrive in short time.
    Edit: When I press the middle button to show a message it always happens as well (loosing bluetooth contact). Might be the vector app causing trouble?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Narhim; 03-10-16 at 07:23 AM.
    03-10-16 05:35 AM
    Might be connected to this:
    When I receive a message and look at the watch, it works aside the rare occasions when the signal gets lost for a millisecond and then kicks in again, happens mainly when several messages arrive in short time.
    Edit: When I press the middle button to show a message it always happens as well (loosing bluetooth contact). Might be the vector app causing trouble?

Posted via CB10
    Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. Have you installed the Android Runtime update released a week or two ago? Might be worth a try if you haven't.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/39879918

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 07:41 AM
    Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. Have you installed the Android Runtime update released a week or two ago? Might be worth a try if you haven't.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/39879918

Posted via CB10
    I updated to the newest one two weeks ago. I might try the 2813 version, but I've experienced rather bad battery drain with this one that is gone since the new runtime... I'm considering priv atm, but first after BlackBerry releases a stable marshmallow update...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 08:19 AM
    I'm considering priv atm, but first after BlackBerry releases a stable marshmallow update...

Posted via CB10
    Narhim,
    Did I read you correctly? You're considering giving up and getting a Priv? I've been following this thread closely hoping someone would finally get all the bugs worked out and then I was going to go ahead and buy a Passport to work with my Vector. I'll be patient, hopefully it will all get sorted out.
    03-10-16 10:19 AM
    Narhim,
    Did I read you correctly? You're considering giving up and getting a Priv? I've been following this thread closely hoping someone would finally get all the bugs worked out and then I was going to go ahead and buy a Passport to work with my Vector. I'll be patient, hopefully it will all get sorted out.
    I am considering, means the my passport SE has all I need at the moment, yet I need a set of android apps for my work as scientist and I already had to go through some hassle to make them work. Thankfully the new runtime somehow improved their stability, but when they stop working I will have to switch. I am waiting for BlackBerry to update to 10.3.3, see what happens and the same with the priv marshmallow update.

I have three major issues with priv at the moment:
    No granular permissions
    Poor hub integration
    Poor battery - most important thing for me (my passport SE allows me 24h of heavy use: music the whole day, calls, mails, bluetooth to my vector, BBM, whatsapp, scientific libraries, apps, data mining etc.)

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 10:30 AM

I have three major issues with priv at the moment:
    No granular permissions
    Poor hub integration...
    Posted via CB10
    I've heard from others that the Vector will only receive calls with the Priv and won't receive any notifications through the hub. Vector support confirmed this for me.
    03-10-16 10:34 AM
    I've heard from others that the Vector will only receive calls with the Priv and won't receive any notifications through the hub. Vector support confirmed this for me.
    Hmm, as said poor hub integration of almost everything with almost everything else. at this moment priv is a mess and BlackBerry has to clean it. on the other hand, vector would just need to allow the hub communication with the vector app no? The hub on priv is just another app after all...
    nevertheless you can use vector app with the android account on priv, e.g. Gmail, email, facebook, whatsapp, BBM without using the hub, the same way people use normal android phones..?

Sorry for the off-topic

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Narhim; 03-10-16 at 10:57 AM.
    03-10-16 10:40 AM
    The hub on priv is just another app after all...
    nevertheless you can use vector app with the android account on priv, e.g. Gmail, email, facebook, whatsapp, BBM without using the hub, the same way people use normal android phones..?

Sorry for the off-topic

Posted via CB10
    You may be able to bypass the hub, but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a Blackberry. Might as well jump ship and get an S7 like everyone else. Now that the Priv is on the largest American carrier and there will be a lot more of them, maybe Vector will do something about this.
    03-10-16 10:46 AM
    You may be able to bypass the hub, but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a Blackberry. Might as well jump ship and get an S7 like everyone else. Now that the Priv is on the largest American carrier and there will be a lot more of them, maybe Vector will do something about this.
    If, then I'd go the nexus way

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 11:04 AM
    Have bought a Vector Luna today. Very fancy watch indeed. Using it with a BB Z30 phone.

Downloaded the apk file for VectorWatch app - version 1.1.5 or something;

Installed Bridge app from Amazon Appstore.

Until I installed the Bridge Droid I had no issues connecting the VectorWatch app with the watch. After installing Bridge, it seems the notifications work fine.

The problem is that the connection is lost every 15-20 minutes and I get a notification on the phone that the app has unfortunately stopped. I have to restart it, works fine for another period and crashes again. I will monitor this but it happened many times in 5 hours of use.

Anyway, thanks Roger and Vector for trying to help BB 10 OS users !
    03-10-16 11:47 AM
    Have bought a Vector Luna today. Very fancy watch indeed. Using it with a BB Z30 phone.

Downloaded the apk file for VectorWatch app - version 1.1.5 or something;

Installed Bridge app from Amazon Appstore.

Until I installed the Bridge Droid I had no issues connecting the VectorWatch app with the watch. After installing Bridge, it seems the notifications work fine.

The problem is that the connection is lost every 15-20 minutes and I get a notification on the phone that the app has unfortunately stopped. I have to restart it, works fine for another period and crashes again. I will monitor this but it happened many times in 5 hours of use.

Anyway, thanks Roger and Vector for trying to help BB 10 OS users !
    Hmm, you are right. With the previous vector app (and I think it was also another bridge version) there was no such issue.
    By the way, may it be that the signal gets disconnected when a message or a mail is being pushed to the watch? Because that seems to be the thing with me.
    Do you experience issues with connectivity when pressing the middle button on the vector watch to remove notification?

Edit: ok I was analysing the behaviour today. The connection to watch gets lost upon message (any kind that is being forwarded to the watch) arrival in the hub. It seems to be kind of random, sometimes it happens, sometimes it does not. After that either the connection is recreated again or lost until starting the app again. Then it remains until the next message comes, and the roulette begins anew. Pressing the middle button to visualise the message on the watch seems a roulette as well for me.
    Hope it helps

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Narhim; 03-10-16 at 01:18 PM.
    03-10-16 12:43 PM
    Can you do one test :
    - Go in Hub and find Bridge Droid notification
    - Click Test Pebble button

This will send a test notification to your Vector. Does that makes the bluetooth connection disconnect ? What if you try it a few times?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 06:58 PM
    Tried it and indeed it causes a short disconnection from the watch but it reconnects again.

This is not a big issue, the bigger issue is that that the VectorWatch app is crashing. This causes permanent disconnection and it needs starting the Vector Watch again. So, my guess is that the problem resides with the VectorWatch app.

For instance, last night I left the phone to charge in Bedside mode and this morning they were still connected, the VectorWatch app did not crash.
    03-10-16 11:46 PM
125 1234 ...