Helo

Got some problem,i can't sync BlackBerry Passport with vector watch luna
    I have vectorwatch App from google Play store but not working...some ideas?

Posted via CB10
    xxsashixx likes this.
    10-19-15 10:22 AM
    I think there is another thread on this, don't think there is a solution, could be wrong.
    10-20-15 08:57 AM
    Hi,

Unfortunately we don't support BlackBerry phones (at least not for now), except the new Android powered Blackberry Priv.

I'm also a BlackBerry user and my colleagues created a "patched" Android version that works on BlackBerry 10 (tested on BB Classic Q20) but has only limited support for incoming notifications and may not work with various watch apps. It supports only incoming calls and some notifications from other native Android apps.

Our next Android release will include this patch for BB so at least we will partially support the BB 10 devices.

Bogdan - Product Manager, Vector
    01-02-16 10:26 AM
    Bogdan, welcome to the BlackBerry (crackberry) forums. Always nice to see people who are actually involved in products being active in the forums.

There are a few of us who would love to have the patched version. Additionally we would love to see an api of some sort as we may be able to make our own app. Think bridge for pebble or talk2watch.

Let us know when we can download the patched version.

And thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 02:30 AM
    Where can I purchase a Vector smart watch?

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    01-03-16 03:09 AM
    This sounds awesome. And the first time heard of vector watch.
    I'll Google this.
    01-03-16 04:23 AM
    Hello again,

It's great to connect with the BlackBerry community, I'm also a BB user and fan. We will soon release a new Android build that includes the BB patch and I will share a download link for the APK.

You can find our smartwatch collection at: vectorwatch.com/watches

Please share your ideas and feedback at: developer.vectorwatch.com

Warm regards
    01-03-16 05:30 AM
    Thank you.

I love my vector. Just wish I could get more than phone calls on it.
    Blacberry Passport and vector watch-img_20160103_170109.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 07:01 PM
    Hello again,

It's great to connect with the BlackBerry community, I'm also a BB user and fan. We will soon release a new Android build that includes the BB patch and I will share a download link for the APK.

You can find our smartwatch collection at: vectorwatch.com/watches

Please share your ideas and feedback at: developer.vectorwatch.com

Warm regards
    Hi Bogdan!

I'm a BlackBerry 10 developer, I've made multiple apps that connects with Pebble smartwatch, including Bridge which is a companion app to the 'stock' Pebble Time Android app. With Bridge, BlackBerry 10 users are now able to receive emails, SMS and calendar events to their watch, something any Android app (including Pebble Time and Vectorwatch) can't do on BlackBerry.

I'd be interested in creating an app for BlackBerry 10 users which would allow a BlackBerry 10 app to send messages (Intent) to the Vectorwatch Android app in order to show notifications from a third-party app.

I've already sent an email to your team last week and I also joined your Slack team, so you can find me there. I'm looking forward for a reply.

Thanks!
    Roger Leblanc
    CellNinja
    My apps: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/70290
    @RodgerLeblanc
    roger (at) rogerleblanc (dot) net

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RodgerLeblanc; 01-30-16 at 09:51 AM.
    01-04-16 08:24 AM
    Hi Bogdan!

I'm a BlackBerry 10 developer, I've made multiple apps that connects with Pebble smartwatch, including Bridge which is a companion app to the 'stock' Pebble Time Android app. With Bridge, BlackBerry 10 users are now able to receive emails, SMS and calendar events to their watch, something any Android app (including Pebble Time and Vectorwatch) can't do on BlackBerry.

I'd be interested in creating a free app for BlackBerry 10 users which would allow a BlackBerry 10 app to send messages (Intent) to the Vectorwatch Android app in order to show notifications from a third-party app.

I've already sent an email to your team last week and I also joined your Slack team, so you can find me there. I'm looking forward for a reply.

Thanks!
    Roger Leblanc
    CellNinja
    My apps: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/70290
    @RodgerLeblanc
    roger (at) rogerleblanc (dot) net

Posted via CB10
    Are you able to make an app for Mi Band? Thanks.

01-04-16 06:52 PM
    Are you able to make an app for Mi Band? Thanks.

Hi!

For now, I'm only supporting Pebble smartwatch and want to take a shot at supporting Vector smartwatch, I have no plans to support other smartwatch for now.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 06:58 PM
    Hi!

For now, I'm only supporting Pebble smartwatch and want to take a shot at supporting Vector smartwatch, I have no plans to support other smartwatch for now.

Posted via CB10
    No problem. Thank you!

01-04-16 11:16 PM
    Any update on this?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 05:52 PM
    I still hope I'll be able to make an app to leverage Vectorwatch usefulness for BlackBerry 10 users, but can't promise anything yet.

Vector is a proactive company and I was able to discuss with them in private, so it's a great starting point.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 06:13 PM
    That is very good news. I'm planning to wipe/downgrade my Z30 this week from this horrid OS that doesn't play nice with Android.
    I am available to test for you if needed

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 06:28 PM
    I still hope I'll be able to make an app to leverage Vectorwatch usefulness for BlackBerry 10 users, but can't promise anything yet.

Vector is a proactive company and I was able to discuss with them in private, so it's a great starting point.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Rodger,

Thanks a lot for your Pebble app. I am using it on a daily basis and it's really great!
    I hope you will make the app for Vector on one day maybe even Kairos smartwatch. I am considering the Vector atm, but as I know it won't work with my Passport SE, I am not buying it. As for the Kairos, I have ordered one 2 years ago, and will see what I do when it arrives one day (if even).
    Thanks for your good work!

Best
    01-24-16 09:20 AM
    Hi Rodger,

Thanks a lot for your Pebble app. I am using it on a daily basis and it's really great!
    I hope you will make the app for Vector on one day maybe even Kairos smartwatch. I am considering the Vector atm, but as I know it won't work with my Passport SE, I am not buying it. As for the Kairos, I have ordered one 2 years ago, and will see what I do when it arrives one day (if even).
    Thanks for your good work!

Best
    Hi Narhim!

Thanks for the kind words.

I don't plan to support other smartwatch outside Pebble and Vector as of now.

I went to Kairos website and it seems that the watches aren't even available yet, so it's really hard to tell if their Android app will be compatible or not.

Pebble and Vector are two companies that are proactive with an open minded vision when it comes to give third-party developers some help with tools and support, not every smartwatch maker have this vision. If I didn't had support from Vector, I couldn't have done much for BlackBerry 10 users, so it's all in their honor. A newcomer like Kairos might have other priorities than supporting a third-party developer working on an unsupported platform.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 12:46 PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce that we managed to get the Vector Watch work with BlackBerry 10.3 devices.

Thanks to Rodger Leblanc and his Bridge app we now support the following notifications:
    • Calls (was already working)
    • Emails
    • SMS
    • Twitter DM and mentions (Blaq app required)
    • Limited BBM and WhatsApp notifications (PowerTools app required)
    • BlackBullet, PocketSafe, United, BlackBerry-france notifications
    • Soon: BB hub notifications (with limited details due to BB security constraints)

Our next Android version (V1.1.5 - planned for mid Feb) will include these enhancements.

We will soon share on our Vector support page all the details about how to get started.

Thanks!!

Bogdan
    Software Product Manager | Vector
    Jose Casiano likes this.
    01-27-16 04:50 AM
    Thanks bogdan,

Do you plan to include music control for the bridge app as well?
    Thanks

Nar

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 05:15 PM
    Thanks bogdan,

Do you plan to include music control for the bridge app as well?
    Thanks

Nar

Posted via CB10
    Vector company doesn't control what Bridge can do. Bridge is an app that makes the bridge between BlackBerry 10 OS and the Android runtime, that way an Android app can get access to some of the things that is restricted to them usually, like emails and SMS for instance.

I've responded on the other thread for your question about if I can add music control to Bridge + Vector combo, so I'll just copy paste my answer here :

Unfortunately not, Vector just released their "stream API" which enable a third-party developer to create his own stream to add to any watchface, but it's not possible to get button press from users with those streams. In addition, I have 2 problems with their stream system :
    1) I'm not familiar with node.js which is needed for coding a custom stream.
    2) I need to host a server online for my stream and I never done that.

Both points are not that hard to overcome but I don't think I can afford to spend time reading docs to learn those 2 new things, I have way too much projects that are already behind schedule.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 05:25 PM
    Vector company doesn't control what Bridge can do. Bridge is an app that makes the bridge between BlackBerry 10 OS and the Android runtime, that way an Android app can get access to some of the things that is restricted to them usually, like emails and SMS for instance.

I've responded on the other thread for your question about if I can add music control to Bridge + Vector combo, so I'll just copy paste my answer here :

Unfortunately not, Vector just released their "stream API" which enable a third-party developer to create his own stream to add to any watchface, but it's not possible to get button press from users with those streams. In addition, I have 2 problems with their stream system :
    1) I'm not familiar with node.js which is needed for coding a custom stream.
    2) I need to host a server online for my stream and I never done that.

Both points are not that hard to overcome but I don't think I can afford to spend time reading docs to learn those 2 new things, I have way too much projects that are already behind schedule.

Posted via CB10
    Dear Rodger,

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation. I just got the vector watch. It's really nice and has a feeling of a real watch when compared to pebble steel. I have the software 1.1.1 so the only thing working is calls for now. The thing is, I saw that vector have their own music control app in the store and when I installed it and tried to use it, I managed to control the volume. Then I pressed play and the app froze...
    Regardless, it seems that even at this state there is some kind of control and it may be the solution for music control (I am a immunologist so have no real idea about programming though).
    I have another question. Will 'hub to watch' be useful in combination with the bridge app after the next update of the vector software to 1.1.5?
    As far as I understand it, this should arrive next week or latest one week later and you'll push an update to the bridge app then right?
    Looking forward to your answers and the updates

Keep it up,
    Nar

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 11:39 AM
    Dear Rodger,

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation. I just got the vector watch. It's really nice and has a feeling of a real watch when compared to pebble steel. I have the software 1.1.1 so the only thing working is calls for now. The thing is, I saw that vector have their own music control app in the store and when I installed it and tried to use it, I managed to control the volume. Then I pressed play and the app froze...
    Regardless, it seems that even at this state there is some kind of control and it may be the solution for music control (I am a immunologist so have no real idea about programming though).
    I have another question. Will 'hub to watch' be useful in combination with the bridge app after the next update of the vector software to 1.1.5?
    As far as I understand it, this should arrive next week or latest one week later and you'll push an update to the bridge app then right?
    Looking forward to your answers and the updates

Keep it up,
    Nar

Posted via CB10
    I don't own a Vector smartwatch, I can't test music control myself, but it's probably the same thing as with Pebble : Pebble music control can only control an Android music player, not the native BlackBerry music player. Try to launch an Android music player like Songza and then retry that music control in Vector, you might be able to control it.

Unfortunately, for native BlackBerry music control, I had to build a watchapp on Pebble and create my own music control app. I won't do that for Vector.

Hub2Watch will be worthless with Vector, but...

I've added all major Hub accounts notifications to Bridge, you'll be able to get a notification every time there's a new notification in those accounts :
    BBM
    Facebook (by BlackBerry)
    Foursquare
    General notification (notification bell icon)
    Google Talk
    Hg10
    iGrann
    inst10
    LinkedIn
    Messenger for Facebook
    PIN message
    Twitter (by BlackBerry)
    Twittly
    Voicemail
    WeChat
    WhatsApp

You won't be able to get the message of the notification, you'll only get the number of unread chats for that account, for example :
    Twittly
    New message - 2 unread chats

The only exception is BBM where you can get the sender's name with some work from your part, as I can only retrieve a contact ID but there's no way for me to automatically know which contact that ID belongs to, so you'll have to name each ID by yourself. For example, the first time you'll receive a BBM from Roger Leblanc, your Vector will show :
    BBM
    625 - Open Bridge Settings page to name this contact

Then, you go to Bridge Settings page and manually associate 625 with "Roger Leblanc". Next time, you'll get :
    BBM
    Roger Leblanc - New BBM, total of 2 unread chats

I just sent the update for approval, I expect it to be approved in the beginning of next week. You'll have to wait for Vector Watch 1.1.5 to be released to get notifications on your new watch.

Finally, I just want to let you know that Face10 from Nemory Studios now connects to Bridge, so you'll get the entire notification text sent right to your Vector watch, it will look like this :
    Face10 for Facebook
    Roger Leblanc likes your post "I love my new Vector Watch"

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 12:15 PM
    Welcome!

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    02-06-16 02:35 AM
    Hi,

Unfortunately we don't support BlackBerry phones (at least not for now), except the new Android powered Blackberry Priv.

Bogdan - Product Manager, Vector
    How does Vector support the Priv? Their support is telling me that they don't and the watch can only get phone call notices. Any move to fix this? Almost every other smartwatch out there can get notifications from the Blackberry Hub.
    03-03-16 10:52 AM
    It seems like Vector silently pushed 1.1.5.1 today, make sure to grab the latest update in Snap or Google Play.

Also, BlackBerry 10 users willl need to use my app Bridge in addition to Vector app. Bridge is a freemium app available in BlackBerry World, you'll be able to test the app for free for 3 days but you'll need to unlock it to continue using it after the trial is over.

More info here :
    https://vectorwatch.zendesk.com/hc/e...cles/207469285

I'd be very interested in feedback from Vector users, let me know how things goes for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 03:06 PM
125 123 ...