Then read post #44 where you say that you "commend those who have blind faith". It was before the one I replied about "blind faith".
    I know what I said but surrender to your perception, and hope that someday, the faithful shall forgive Troy and I for our hate filled posts.
    05-06-16 11:01 PM
    stop the speculation and lets all focus on the facts:
    1. John Chen has stated that BB OS 10.x is being vetted by carriers and gov't. This should be done later in 2016
    2. Chen also stated that new BB OS 10.x phones are possible in 2017.

In my opinion, the existing top line BB OS phones are good for at least a few more years given the robust hardware and software. Personally, I have been riding a Z30 since first released and it is still a great phone and a work horse that has given me no problems. Although I now prefer the Candy bar stlye of the Z30, I have no doubt the newer Passport and Classic are even better hardware. How many users push their phones to the limits of the hardware and software? I would be bet that it is very few.
    toneytone likes this.
    05-06-16 11:16 PM
    BigBadWulf, there is also the point that you feel it necessary to post in all bold which is a mini step down from posting in all-caps.

How about stop yelling and talking down to people that cling to a superior technology -- even if it might be abandoned by the Steve Jobs of server software, John Chen? Let us have our fun even if you think we should move on.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 11:31 PM
    BigBadWulf, there is also the point that you feel it necessary to post in all bold which is a mini step down from posting in all-caps.

How about stop yelling and talking down to people that cling to a superior technology -- even if it might be abandoned by the Steve Jobs of server software, John Chen? Let us have our fun even if you think we should move on.

Posted via CB10
    Been posting like this for 8 years.

I never said move on. How hypocritical would that be? I'm using a Z30, and plan to for the foreseeable future.
    05-06-16 11:49 PM
    BB10 was advanced that time. If you check all latest android updates or ios its as if they are adopting bb10 features in their updates including ios giving features like that of hub. I find nothing new wen I hold my friends iPhone 6s nd navigate. Bb10 failed coz of marketing.. there were trust issues with BlackBerry devices. After purchase service issues. Time nd again BlackBerry got to rise up. But launch of Android device most of the dealers felt Yup "that's the end of BlackBerry ".

BlackBerry Z30 fan nd a Proud Passport SE user
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    05-07-16 02:11 AM
    I love my Passport SE, best phone I've ever had but I've accepted that it will most likely be the last BB10 device. I've accepted that the few last updates I get will bring nothing new to the table. It's time for everyone to accept this. You might feel betrayed, you might feel angry but at the end of the day, Blackberry is a business. BB10 holds no ground, that is Blackberrys fault but they are going with what 99.9% of the people want, apps, games, Facebook, Snapchat, the people want Android, that's where the money is at. Enjoy your BB10 phones or move on to another OS, but get over it. The fight is over, I'm going to enjoy my SE as long as I can but I understand it's a deadend OS, it's not going anywhere else.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 03:48 AM
    1. John Chen has stated that BB OS 10.x is being vetted by carriers and gov't. This should be done later in 2016

In my opinion, the existing top line BB OS phones are good for at least a few more years given the robust hardware and software. Personally, I have been riding a Z30 since first released and it is still a great phone and a work horse that has given me no problems. Although I now prefer the Candy bar stlye of the Z30, I have no doubt the newer Passport and Classic are even better hardware. How many users push their phones to the limits of the hardware and software? I would be bet that it is very few.
    I feel the same way and have known this. This the the real truth. The real facts are the pushing of hardware and software. Its doesn't make sense to build a freeway for five trucks a day. On a droid phone the biggest complaints boil down to inefficient software unable to run on hardware that cant keep up.
    05-07-16 07:42 AM
    Incredible news like this deserves a citation.

Blacberry Losing it's identity by letting BB10 Devices to rot !!!-1418.gif
    05-07-16 07:51 AM
    New BB10 phones in 2017? That's a possibility? Since when?

Also, it's just BB10 (not BB OS 10).

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 08:33 AM
    1. BB10 and BBOS devices combined currently account for less than 1% worldwide market share. Chen is trying to make the handset business profitable again and that is not possible if nobody buys your handsets. He had no alternative but to go Android or shut the handset business down years ago.

2. More marketing or better marketing of BB10 devices is not the solution. I have yet to hear anyone convincingly explain how any kind of marketing would convince millions of iOS and Android users to just abandon those well-established platforms with massive app and media ecosystems for BB10, which doesn't even have Netflix (unless you are willing to figure out how to install the Google Play Store or track down the APK yourself), let alone an out-of-the-box way for them to access their Google Play or iTunes media.

3. It's time to admit that we, the BB10 fans, are not representative of the average smartphone user. We are the exception, not the rule. Just because you love BB10 doesn't mean that everyone else will. Make peace with that. Accept it. It will make you so much happier.

4. BB10 still exists. BB10 phones still exist and function well. Enjoy it. If everything suddenly stops working tomorrow, life will go on.

5. Get what you want and be happy. And it's OK to let others be happy with what they want, even if it's not the same as what you want.

Posted from my  Z10 via CB10
    05-07-16 09:00 AM
    I love my BlackBerry. It's a Priv.
    05-07-16 11:34 AM
    Wow! Great insight! I never thought about the socio-economic reasons that could have contributed to Blackberry's current struggles. That's deep man! The world has a place for you!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 01:30 PM
    I do not know the history but it seams as when the new CEO came in 2013 everything went the opposite direction and in the sense that they did nothing to push the brand and operating system, they should have give the company to long time BlackBerry employees who knew the brand and products to struggle together and lift it not like they are doing today with the Prive, marketing fashion and other idiotic events, that's for jewelers and fashion brands and not for a phone company, they should remove him. As we all know GM almost closed, many legendary car brands would have been gone and the US government gave them a loan and they got back in the market, the same should go with BlackBerry, its not your average device and if it was no government employee would use it and relay on it so much as a daily device. Sometimes I think just because of its security they are abandoning it so that people switch to iPhones and Androids where they an control who is needed easy, we never know what large corporations are doing and with who they are dealing with. What can be controlled only then can be sold to the public, simple as that and I am not a professional but I get the point about the security features of a BlackBerry OS device. I never seen the option to remove all permissions for some app like on the BB 10, you can basically have nothing running if you do not want having where with Androind like it or not Google has the final call what will run in the background and every app requires you to log in or register and so on and so on,and they call it a personal device? The Z30 factory reset is like a Windows PC, it takes 15-20 minutes for it to erase and boots up like a Windows PC, that's security. I admired Google and its founders and their vision and for giving a lot to the people, from knowledge to free software but as the more they got bigger the more information they wanted fro you. About Apple and the iPhone, never liked the company and was never interesting except the iPod, every time I pass by the Apple store I see 50 zombies in a large half empty store where they have 5 tables and on every table 20 same products where they are looking at them like hypnotized, can never understand that and that they are making fools of there customers with same products every year and all the rest of their bs advertisement and false security where the government begs them to unlock phones just so people fall for that and start switching for iPhones in thinking they are more secure. If I wanted a smart phone its because I am banking, using all kind of personal information on it and want piece of mind that it will stay personal, using or loosing the device no one will see it, it stays personal otherwise I would have bought a clam shell phone and use it just for calling and use my PC at home.
    05-07-16 06:41 PM

I totally agree. One thing that has held true is Chens commitment to offer a end to end security solution. As long as enterprise users strongly prefer BB10 over android there will be updated BB10 devices in the future. Hardware doesn't depend on the consumer market but the enterprise market. That's often forgotten here.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-08-16 02:00 AM
    Hopefully Ralph Pini can better appreciate the strengths of of OS 10 and will allocate resources for new BB10 devices.
    05-11-16 03:52 PM
    I totally agree. One thing that has held true is Chens commitment to offer a end to end security solution. As long as enterprise users strongly prefer BB10 over android there will be updated BB10 devices in the future. Hardware doesn't depend on the consumer market but the enterprise market. That's often forgotten here.

What enterprise users prefer BB10? Corporate sales have been abysmal. Only an extremely small number of customers are in the "ultra-secure" space - far too few to fund the development of an entire OS.

Most corporations are plenty satisfied with iOS and Android, managed by a decent EMM solution.
    05-11-16 04:08 PM
    That BB10 would be a Porsche Design

Posted via CB10
    Elena Karaseva likes this.
    05-11-16 05:14 PM
    What enterprise users prefer BB10? Corporate sales have been abysmal. Only an extremely small number of customers are in the "ultra-secure" space - far too few to fund the development of an entire OS.

Most corporations are plenty satisfied with iOS and Android, managed by a decent EMM solution.
    If BlackBerry didn't have enough customers that preferred BB10, they wouldn't keep reaffirming their commitment to it. They would just EOL it, write off existing inventory, and continue support for their current BB10 customers until they could transition them over to their Android handsets.

BB10 isn't going away, just in a holding pattern until they can stabilize the handset business with their Android sales.

It's totally doable to support Android devices for more mainstream customers AND support BB10 on a slower development and release cycle for their "ultra-secure" customers.
    05-11-16 05:20 PM
    If BlackBerry didn't have enough customers that preferred BB10, they wouldn't keep reaffirming their commitment to it. They would just EOL it, write off existing inventory, and continue support for their current BB10 customers until they could transition them over to their Android handsets.

BB10 isn't going away, just in a holding pattern until they can stabilize the handset business with their Android sales.

It's totally doable to support Android devices for more mainstream customers AND support BB10 on a slower development and release cycle for their "ultra-secure" customers.
    It's not EOL because they have contractual obligations to fulfill. They also need to stretch it out until BlackBerry Android gets to be where they want it.

"Chen: I love BB10 and I win in the very high-end there. But the very high-end is not big." - Code Mobile
    05-11-16 05:33 PM

Just look at his latest interviews. The percentage of enterprise users still on bb10 is high enough for him to publicly acknowledge.

05-12-16 11:19 AM
    Just look at his latest interviews. The percentage of enterprise users still on bb10 is high enough for him to publicly acknowledge.

Acknowledge what?

He loses money on the entire install base - let alone the enterprise subset.
    05-12-16 02:05 PM
    Acknowledge what?

He loses money on the entire install base - let alone the enterprise subset.
    Sure buddy, whatever you say. I forgot you have all of bbs Financials lined up right in front of you.

05-12-16 09:36 PM
    Sure buddy, whatever you say. I forgot you have all of bbs Financials lined up right in front of you.

It's a publicly traded company. The financials are right in front of everyone.
    Polt likes this.
    05-12-16 09:44 PM
    It's a publicly traded company. The financials are right in front of everyone.
    There you go again, clouding the issue with facts.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-12-16 10:00 PM
74 123