I don't think anyone is asking for anything more than what was reasonably inferred by the using "VIP Device" included in their written description.

In addition, this whole notion that people used some "back door" to place their order is absurd.

Fact is DR not only allowed the orders to take place, but in many, if not all cases they actually charged people's credit cards. Furthering the agreement between them as the merchant on one hand, and X buyer on the other.

DR could have canceled the orders but they chose not to and therefore the burden is on them to deliver what was bought and paid for.

That's not called entitlement, it's called an Agreement. I would say your ignorance by attacking people on a forum is sickening but what's the point, you're going to believe what you believe regardless.

Posted via CB10
    It becomes an agreement if both parties have a clear agreement what the shipment contains. Just because you associate something in your mind with VIP does not make it an agreement since there is no consensus with the seller.

The only agreement you have is that you bought a device and you will get that device. As much as you know BB used that description for a test period, or for a special group of people, or .... or .....or.....

You bought a phone, you get a phone. If there were any discrepencies you should have contacted DR or BB before you ordered.

What you are displaying is exactly that pathetic entitlement behavior which is crippling our society. You assume and dream something up and then you complain when your dream world is not part of reality.
    Anilu7 and DocDRM like this.
    10-14-14 12:17 AM

You bought a phone, you get a phone. If there were any discrepencies you should have contacted DR or BB before you ordered.

What you are displaying is exactly that pathetic entitlement behavior which is crippling our society. You assume and dream something up and then you complain when your dream world is not part of reality.
    AGREED 100%!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 12:32 AM
    It becomes an agreement if both parties have a clear agreement what the shipment contains. Just because you associate something in your mind with VIP does not make it an agreement since there is no consensus with the seller.

The only agreement you have is that you bought a device and you will get that device. As much as you know BB used that description for a test period, or for a special group of people, or .... or .....or.....

Your pathetic responses and lack of behaviour and the disgusting text you pour on our screens while attacking others is what's crippling our community.

1. The description says VIP device clearly, I don't care what it is, maybe just a stupid sticker on the box saying VIP, maybe since VIP faster delivery, anything!!!

2. Dear ignorant commenter, it becomes an agreement, when I press ok on the clear description, and they take my cash instantly, and emailing me confirming our agreement on said device and price.

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    10-14-14 12:32 AM
    I ordered a VIP device after I ordered a standard device because I did hope that it was 'special' in some way and was thinking of a family member when I did buy it. The difference between the two came when being billed. For the standard device I received a "backorder" email and my credit card has not been charged to date (ordered Friday Oct. 3rd). For the VIP device I got a notice from PayPal that I had been billed and my chequing account had been debited on Oct. 6th. I emailed them to inquire after a few days as no backorder or shipping email came. I was told that my order was "complete" and "would ship soon". After a week I called and emailed. I was then informed that I would receive my devices "by October 29th" and that "complete" didn't mean they had the physical product - they were waiting to receive more product to be able to ship them.

If I receive the standard device in place of the one seen/described the the hard shell and extra chargers I'll be disappointed as the hard shell will then cost me an extra $35. As a Canadian it didn't cost me more, however, so that's not an issue, but I see how US buyers would be quite disappointed if it was the same as a standard device but $100 more.
    10-14-14 12:49 AM
    While people debate what "VIP" means in this thread, I think we can all agree that this is the definition of a cluster_ _ _k.
    aha likes this.
    10-14-14 12:57 AM
    Crazed doesn't seem so crazy, but Crack(ed) is very accurate.

Stop entitlement thinking. Start critical thinking. Use your brains, not your reality show addled skull jelly.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    bungaboy and CrackberryQ like this.
    10-14-14 01:03 AM
    While people debate what "VIP" means in this thread, I think we can all agree that this is the definition of a cluster_ _ _k.
    Loooooooooooooooooooooool

10-14-14 01:09 AM

Also if you want to further educate your self on matters of the world, join my channel on useless info!

Lol

10-14-14 01:11 AM
    First of all you did not pay more than a regular Passport. According to you paid $568 incl taxes. I paid $635 including taxes. That you all used a coupon code which nobody was supposed to use in the first place does not negate the fact that you paid less for your device.

Secondly you searched for a device which was publicy never made available nor was it advertised. Someone dropped the word VIP, you got big eyes and your ego took over.

Finally, you have an assumption what BB meant by VIP. According to you besides the letters VIP there was no further description. Just because you think something extra should be included does not make it so. You had the option to call BB or DR to verify the contents of your order BEFORE you purchased. Now if you get a box with the imprint VIP you got exactly what you purchased. Just because your sense of entitlement tells you one thing does not make it reality.
    Someone called DR and was told that it DID include the chargers and case...

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    10-14-14 01:15 AM

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    Correct and that call sprung the whole issue!

I'm pretty sure that WAS the VIP order, but it was supposed to be removed from the system, anyhow we are beyond this now as BlackBerry confirmed that NO VIP edition. It's all about delivery times, and form of refunds for US customers, if any. Let's see...

I will be very happy if any number of crackberry members gets any form of compensation, and I believe that such issues when raised heavily yet without prejudice actually highlights issues I've been reading about for a while that customers face with DR, and maybe just maybe BlackBerry either tightens the screws on their eshop "it seems it's their last outlet with the loss of many US carriers" or changer their online vendor!

Everyone in crackberry obviously loves his BlackBerry and does not wish this company to fall, and this community represents a hefty hefty bunch of loyalists, that BlackBerry should not disappoint.

BlackBerry is giving us the innovative products we were once used to and rely upon, to many of us these are business tools we have become dependant on "not just a phone, as many indicate", we do pay good amounts of cash for these tools "us being labled as prosumers " and expect, not only a professionally built device, but also professional service and follow up, and in this case in particular when dealing DIRECTLY, and with no carrier middle man with BlackBerry themselves!

To me that's the gist of this situation.

farmwersteve likes this.
    10-14-14 02:06 AM
    It would be pretty awesome for BB to have a VIP model for passport and classic, with all silver accents blacked out. The way this looks, it's just a debacle and people are ticked they don't have their phones yet.
    10-14-14 09:41 AM
    I came across a couple of your posts lately and have to say that I am a fan.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    10-14-14 09:57 AM
    Your pathetic responses and lack of behaviour and the disgusting text you pour on our screens while attacking others is what's crippling our community.

1. The description says VIP device clearly, I don't care what it is, maybe just a stupid sticker on the box saying VIP, maybe since VIP faster delivery, anything!!!

2. Dear ignorant commenter, it becomes an agreement, when I press ok on the clear description, and they take my cash instantly, and emailing me confirming our agreement on said device and price.

So what if it says VIP device. It does not matter. They can call it Passport "shiny, red Ferrari" edition. Do you expect a Ferrari to come with that? Or a phone in red? Or a phone in Ferrari shape? No, unless the order screen says so.

You know who is crippling our society even more than just the entitlement society? People geared for entitlements and can not comprehend what they read.

Here is a clue for you: I saw that page when it was posted on CB. I had a standing back order with Amazon. If I would have bought that device I would have cancelled my order with Amazon. But I didn't buy the "VIP" edition. And why not? Because the description did not specify any extras, changes or modifications to the regular Passport. Some may have speculated on CB: "oh maybe its all black" "Maybe you get this and that in addition to". But the order page did not say anything like that. So guess what? I didn't order it.

Everybody who made that choice to order the "VIP device" did so on their own free will. Some thought they get it faster. Some thought they get extra stuff. But nothing like that. You don't even know why this device was called VIP. Most likely you associate it with Very Important Person? For what? Too make you feel better?
    Maybe it was an early batch and BB thought it was fun to call it "Very Important Phone" or "Very Important Product". You have no idea.
    Your entire premise is based on assumption. Nothing in the description led me to believe I would get anything more than just the Phone.
    There was nothing in there about "we guarantee to ship in xyz-days". There was nothing in there that this product comes in a different color, size, better hardware or any additional stuff etc. The minute you clicked "BUY" you agreed to the product description. Nothing more and nothing less. If you get anything more be happy and call it a day. But don't be surprised if you get a regular Passport with the regular sold contents in a shiny little VIP box. Maybe not even that.
    DocDRM likes this.
    10-14-14 10:05 AM
    Hi everyone,

I have corresponded with the Director of eCommerce from Blackberry (many of you have corresponded with her already) and I have clarity on what happened and how they plan to proceed with the U.S. VIP orders... If you've read my other posts, you know I'm a pretty straightforward person. I don't like my time wasted and I won't waste yours. I hope that the below will save you and the Director of eCommerce as it addressed most of my concerns.

1. The "VIP" link was a special promotion sent to targeted customers. The link was sent along with an accompanying coupon code that would reduce the pricing down from $699 to $599. Whoever posted that link onto the forums neglected to include the accompanying code to reduce the pricing down to $599. The "VIP" promotion does NOT include anything extra beyond the standard package.. no chargers, no hard shell case, not the stealth black housing. I speculate that this promotion was simply a special link that would allow VIP individuals to put an order into the system (maximum of 2 units) even when the standard package on the store would sell out and show as "out of stock".

2. The "SHOPBBSAVE15" coupon code (i.e. the "25%" coupon code) was not intended to be used for either packages... VIP or standard. However, BlackBerry will honor those purchases using that coupon code as it was their "mistake".

3. All orders (VIP, standard, VIP with coupon code, standard with coupon code) will be filled in sequential order... "first purchased, first served" and they have made processing changes to ensure this will be followed.

4. The target shipping date is October 29th. However, the COO is working hard to procure units for ShopBlackBerry ahead of schedule. So, it appears that there is a high chance that some of the early birds will get their devices before 10/29.

I am quite appreciative of the prompt response I received from BlackBerry. A formal statement regarding all of the above would've been a more effective communication rather than several email correspondences between individuals and BlackBerry.

For those of you like me who have back-ordered "discounted U.S. VIP" orders, I recommend the following for sanity reasons...

Simply look forward and be happy with the fact that:
    1. We got to put in an order into the system for a Passport when the regular link showed that all devices were "out of stock". This is the "VIP" promotion (i.e. differentiation from the standard link imho).
    2. We got a 25% discount and got our pricing down to the ~$570 range (including taxes) depending on the State you live in.
    3. We paid $0 for shipping.
    4. Our orders will be fulfilled in chronological order... first purchased, first served.

Yes, there should have been more clarity earlier and yes DR shouldn't have charged our credit cards until they were going to ship our devices, but in the bigger picture, we still got a great deal relative to folks that purchased during the week before (i.e. launch week). After my correspondence with BlackBerry, I also have some peace of mind as well. At this point, that's more valuable than the $100.

The folks that got to use the 25% coupon code with the standard $599 for a ~$490 Passport should feel pretty damn lucky!

AD
    Thanks for the effort to help BlackBerry communicating with their customers.

That?s a solid C- response for me from BlackBerry 's customer service or public relations department, which will do for me, but I am afraid a huge loss of opportunity for BlackBerry's campaign to refresh their tarnished reputation.

Peace out.

10-14-14 10:07 AM
    So what if it says VIP device. It does not matter. They can call it Passport "shiny, red Ferrari" edition. Do you expect a Ferrari to come with that? Or a phone in red? Or a phone in Ferrari shape? No, unless the order screen says so.

You know who is crippling our society even more than just the entitlement society? People geared for entitlements and can not comprehend what they read.

Here is a clue for you: I saw that page when it was posted on CB. I had a standing back order with Amazon. If I would have bought that device I would have cancelled my order with Amazon. But I didn't buy the "VIP" edition. And why not? Because the description did not specify any extras, changes or modifications to the regular Passport. Some may have speculated on CB: "oh maybe its all black" "Maybe you get this and that in addition to". But the order page did not say anything like that. So guess what? I didn't order it.

Everybody who made that choice to order the "VIP device" did so on their own free will. Some thought they get it faster. Some thought they get extra stuff. But nothing like that. You don't even know why this device was called VIP. Most likely you associate it with Very Important Person? For what? Too make you feel better?
    Maybe it was an early batch and BB thought it was fun to call it "Very Important Phone" or "Very Important Product". You have no idea.
    Your entire premise is based on assumption. Nothing in the description led me to believe I would get anything more than just the Phone.
    There was nothing in there about "we guarantee to ship in xyz-days". There was nothing in there that this product comes in a different color, size, better hardware or any additional stuff etc. The minute you clicked "BUY" you agreed to the product description. Nothing more and nothing less. If you get anything more be happy and call it a day. But don't be surprised if you get a regular Passport with the regular sold contents in a shiny little VIP box. Maybe not even that.
    Great unapologetic defence for BlackBerry... It would have worked in a parallel universe where VIP = regular unless otherwise defined.

Or, a world where yes we made a mistake but you also made a mistake to buy from us.

10-14-14 10:14 AM

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    And you believe someone on a message board just like that? I certainly don't believe people I don't know making "phone calls"

May I refer to aziandevil's post. Pretty clear. So your VIP is that you may get the device before the regular orders and you do not pay for shipping. Now you all can be happy.
    DocDRM and bungaboy like this.
    10-14-14 10:20 AM
    Great unapologetic defence for BlackBerry... It would have worked in a parallel universe where VIP = regular unless otherwise defined.

Or, a world where yes we made a mistake but you also made a mistake to buy from us.

Looool couldn't put it better myself!

10-14-14 01:11 PM
    BLA1ZE help needed on Passport VIP issue-img_20141014_211243.png

They still refer to it as BlackBerry Passport VIP

Looooooooool

keefrto likes this.
    10-14-14 01:13 PM
    After last few years, BlackBerry should consider everybody who purchases one a 'VIP'.

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM likes this.
    10-14-14 01:32 PM
    What about the people that purchased the VIP Passport with no discount? I would appreciate it if we could get the 25% off as well. If not, at least refund us the $100 plus tax that we had to pay for the device.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 02:31 PM
    Why not just drop the price to 499 and be done with it?
    10-14-14 02:33 PM
    After last few years, BlackBerry should consider everybody who purchases one a 'VIP'.

Posted via CB10
    LOL!!!!!! I'm a VIP!!!

What about the people that purchased the VIP Passport with no discount? I would appreciate it if we could get the 25% off as well. If not, at least refund us the $100 plus tax that we had to pay for the device.

Posted via CB10
    Crazed - no need to reply here - you and I both know exactly what you'd type, and I'd press the "heart" icon.
    10-14-14 03:04 PM
    Just to be clear... that wasn't a response from Blackberry's customer service or public relations dept. It was a summary of correspondence I had with the Director of eCommerce for BlackBerry. I believe that ShopBlackBerry is her direct responsibility.

Among my friends and associates who are BlackBerry owners... a majority of them only come to Crackberry to pick up accessories and will read an article here and there. I'd estimate that only 10% of us actually read the "Crackberry forums". I'm probably the only one that actually posts to these forums. So my point being... if BlackBerry sent out a public apology regarding the "VIP-leak" and "coupon-gate" episode, it would probably generate more negative press and attention than doing good for its image.

Again this is just my opinion... but neither the "VIP-leak" nor "coupon-gate" has tarnished the image of BlackBerry for me. Yes, this was frustrating and communication should have been better between BB => DR=> "Crackberry"... but the company as a whole is rebuilding itself. This is a "growing pain" and I'm sure there'll be more as there is clearly demand for their products again.

Thanks for the effort to help BlackBerry communicating with their customers.

That?s a solid C- response for me from BlackBerry 's customer service or public relations department, which will do for me, but I am afraid a huge loss of opportunity for BlackBerry's campaign to refresh their tarnished reputation.

Peace out.

nomi1978 and bungaboy like this.
    10-14-14 04:11 PM
    The $100 refund for U.S. buyers would be fair. The 25% off was a mistake on their part and they're willing to honor for those that were able to get it. No one is entitled to the 25% off.

If you had read aziandevil's summary, post #99, you'll see that the VIP link was for *specific* users to be able to buy the Passport even if the standard Passport was listed as sold out. There were no extra accessories, no extra discounts. The only freebie may have been shipping.
    nomi1978 likes this.
    10-14-14 04:24 PM
    T

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 04:24 PM
148 ... 3456