It seems like the best course of action for BlackBerry/Digital River is to say that the Passport VIP is a regular Passport and give people the option to cancel or wait with a $100 refund (for U.S. customers). The extras speculated weren't advertised nor shown in photos or listed as part of the package.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    10-13-14 02:28 PM
    All I know now is that they will finally get more stock October 29th and everyone's orders will begin shipping.....we all took a chance on the VIP but expecting anything more then the typical device and getting upset about it is just a waste of time and energy. Just be thankful we all got passports at a discounted price when it was a mistake for it to ever even happen.....i can see US residents asking for the $100 refund because of the difference in price but beyond that is just ridiculous

Posted via CB10
    ROROSLIM likes this.
    10-13-14 02:42 PM
    sloppiness from DR is the cause of all of this and why the orders will probably be honored

OTOH both the coupon and the VIP model were accidental finds clearly not meant for the general public

we may get lucky but DR could cancel the orders. If they refund then nobody has anything to complain about.

And it does matter that to model and couplon were not intended for the general public. DR is allowed to correct the mistake. Retailers do make this kind of error from time to time. Whether they choose to cancel the order or fulfill it is up to them.
    10-13-14 03:04 PM
    This is what I have from Marie at BlackBerry.

BLA1ZE help needed on Passport VIP issue-img_20141013_160549.png

BLA1ZE help needed on Passport VIP issue-img_20141013_135157.png

BLA1ZE help needed on Passport VIP issue-img_20141013_161153.png
    10-13-14 03:19 PM
    Can't speak for everyone else, but as I said before... I don't feel like I'm actually entitled to anything "extra" unless they refuse to refund me the $100 difference. The only thing that's wasting our time and energy is the fact that neither DR or BB has made any real consistent statement/communication on how they will handle the U.S. VIP orders... how hard is it for them to simply just say "Sorry, we cannot honor your order. You have the option of receiving a regular package and a REFUND (not a store credit) of $100 or to outright cancel for a full refund for the original VIP purchase." If they simply said this, this thread would be done and we can move on...

All I know now is that they will finally get more stock October 29th and everyone's orders will begin shipping.....we all took a chance on the VIP but expecting anything more then the typical device and getting upset about it is just a waste of time and energy. Just be thankful we all got passports at a discounted price when it was a mistake for it to ever even happen.....i can see US residents asking for the $100 refund because of the difference in price but beyond that is just ridiculous

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    10-13-14 03:20 PM
    Thanks Deezy,

Ok, so they're working on improvements so something like this doesn't happen again (i.e. continuous improvement). Unfortunately, she is not addressing how they will handle these U.S. VIP orders. I know that you blocked out her contact information, but can you please PM her email address to me? I'd like to ask her some very direct questions.

AD

This is what I have from Marie at BlackBerry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141013_160549.png 
Views:	750 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	305746

Name:	IMG_20141013_135157.png 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	305747

Name:	IMG_20141013_161153.png 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	305748
    10-13-14 04:01 PM
    So, did you order via the Canadian store? If so, you didn't have to pay the extra $100... I'm not surprised that you got the regular package then.
    Since the US store charged an extra $100.... we'd like to understand what that $100 is for.
    Originally I was on the US site as I live in the States and in Canada. At the last minute I opted for buying it through the Canadian site so I can claim it as a business expense under my Canadian Company while taking advantage of the exchange rate.

In the end the buying experience hasn't been that great wit DR. A day after I placed my order I was told it was canceled only to find out it was shipped.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Valid point about the US buyers, but in the end the responsibility in this case falls squarely on the merchant.

DR is pretty bad at conveying any real information. Also a friend decided to cancel his order and they emailed him saying they can't process a refund, albeit they have charged his credit card in full with no guarantee of his order shipping out on Oct 29.

Obviously there's going to be a bit of finger pointing between DR and BlackBerry over the lack of, and at minimum poor customer service.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:16 PM
    They "can't process a refund" or they "won't process a refund"? Are you joking?

BLA1ZE help needed on Passport VIP issue-capture.png

It hasn't been 30 days yet... so it would be reasonable to expect them to make good on their 30-day money back guarantee on returns and CANCELLATIONS.

Valid point about the US buyers, but in the end the responsibility in this case falls squarely on the merchant.

DR is pretty bad at conveying any real information. Also a friend decided to cancel his order and they emailed him saying they can't process a refund, albeit they have charged his credit card in full with no guarantee of his order shipping out on Oct 29.

Obviously there's going to be a bit of finger pointing between DR and BlackBerry over the lack of, and at minimum poor customer service.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:23 PM
    It does need to be cleared up because people in the US paid $100 more than those who ordered the normal Passport.

If they're the same product, they should get a refund of $100.

Sure it's ok if the VIP package was never meant for the public, but it's not acceptable to not deliver any updates whatsoever to people who bought one. This is especially crucial since people were charged for it already. I don't know about you, but it gave me the impression that they're so disorganized that they don't even know that I paid them and that for all I know, my order doesn't even exist but my bill of $600 does.

Basically people who ordered the normal passport kept getting updates and emails, vip people didn't get any updates at all...even when you called and they would "escalate " your case for you.

Lastly, it's really unacceptable to immediately charge and take the money from buyers when the device won't be shipped for another month.

Do it properly like every other business - you charge the customer once the item is shipped.

They really have to part ways with digital river because this isn't working. It didn't work with the PlayBook, it doesn't work if you need an RMA or warranty, and it's not working now with the passport.

How else would a company be able to cancel your order, and then 2 months later send you the items anyway? Thanks for the free charger bundles, I heard other people got phones for free.

It's entirely within digital rivers capacity to take your money, probably unknowingly, and never send you the phone unless you kept calling and calling them.

#CB10 #DirtyThirty #NaturalSound
    3. For people who bought the VIP instead of the regular during the coupon period paying 568 instead of 480 usd including tax, will those people also get refunds if BlackBerry decides to go down that road based on the coupon they used?

Attachment 305357
    What's this coupon? I paid almost $650 for the non VIP version.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-13-14 04:30 PM
    They "can't process a refund" or they "won't process a refund"? Are you joking?

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1441 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	305761

It hasn't been 30 days yet... so it would be reasonable to expect them to make good on their 30-day money back guarantee on returns and CANCELLATIONS.
    This is what they told him:

"Dear XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing you.

We understand that your Visa Card was already charged but there was no phone that shipped yet.

We have received your request to cancel the order and get a refund.

Unfortunately, we are unable to do so.

We show here that there was already a ticket submitted regarding the issue with your order.

Your ticket number is: XXXXXX

Rest assured that our escalation team is working on your issue.

This email is to assure you that we are currently working on a resolution to this issue. Once we have an update, we will reply with
    further information.

Until that time, we appreciate your patience on this issue.

Sincerely,
    Delia C.
    BlackBerry online store
    Customer Service
    [email protected]
    Email ID: XXXXXXXX "

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:48 PM
    The only reason you paid more is because the vip listing wasn't discounted. All the others were. It was retail priced. You order something with no idea of what it was and everyone made up their minds that it came with extra. Pulled that out of their butts. BlackBerry doesn't owe anyone anything. This level of entitlement is sickening.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:06 PM
    For all Canadian Crackberry members, Happy Thanksgiving!
    Let's be thankful that BlackBerry is still here with us to give us joys as well as headaches.
    Anyway, all I'm asking is clear communication from DR or BB.
    I ordered VIP on Oct3 from Canadian site using coupon. I only ordered VIP because that was the only option that time. I didn't know coupon was mistake either. I would have accepted cancellation from DR if they didn't charge me right away & communicated me within reasonable time.
    Lots of people got emails for Oct29 shipping. But none for me. I'm still in the dark except info from Crackberry.
    I'll be happy just knowing I'm getting regular Passport & getting one even in 2 months. Just let me know that you still have my order & plan to do something about it besides charging me for it. To me this is not entitlement issue like someone suggested. Any business dealing with customers needs clear communication specially there is mistake or problem. Miscommunication or non-communication could damage your business severely. IMHO lots of people did order VIP in same situation & feel same way.
    Well, for those in US who paid more for VIP. I hope they get money back for the difference.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kazakoshi; 10-13-14 at 05:43 PM.
    Anilu7, bungaboy and CrackberryQ like this.
    10-13-14 05:21 PM
    No one is asking for anything that wasn't advertised... and they took our $, so yeah... they do owe us something. You should pull your head out of your ****. Your level of trolling is sickening.

The only reason you paid more is because the vip listing wasn't discounted. All the others were. It was retail priced. You order something with no idea of what it was and everyone made up their minds that it came with extra. Pulled that out of their butts. BlackBerry doesn't owe anyone anything. This level of entitlement is sickening.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:32 PM
    BlackBerry and DR should have killed every VIP order and well, no one should have been ordering it to begin with.
    You're right: but what DID happen is those that ordered the "VIP version" (whether or not it or the contents of the package are different in any way than the "standard" version) had their credit cards billed in full, no communication about when the product might ship (some have called BlackBerry to ask and got wildly varying answers) and the situation is only made worse by all the speculation.

... and Bla1ze, finding a product in an online store using the "search" function isn't some hacker back door. Isn't the first thing you do when you go online shopping is to search for the item you're after? Please.

Having written my fair share of apps and web sites but still not thinking of myself as a "programmer" I know enough to be able to flag a product so it will still be in my database but will not show up in a search result, something DR also also failed at, leading to this situation.

I just would like my order cancelled promptly and the funds returned on my credit card, but even THAT isn't possible: you can't cancel the order, you have to wait 'til it's delivered and refuse shipment? In a month?

Stop blaming the victims here, and don't throw everyone who ordered the VIP edition in the same "phony outrage" bucket. There's phony outrage ("I will take my 5 billion dollars of enterprise orders to Samsung if you don't give me swift satisfaction!") and there's REAL outrage ("What? Not only the fact that the package isn't what I thought I was getting, you've billed my credit card without shipping the item, and even so I still can't cancel the order, and I probably won't get the device for a month, at which time I have to refuse the shipment and wait 'til the charge is reversed on my credit card. WTF?")

I respect the OP asking you to intervene, but I think this will play itself out on its own in a few days: unfortunately for those who have their credit card cycle end before the refund is applied, they have to pay down the $600 on their credit card in order not to incur a late-payment penalty / interest fee.

I expect that BlackBerry will do right by us all i.e. cancel the VIP orders and reverse the credit card charges promptly. No one signs up for THIS when they place an online order, whether or not some think we were trying to game the system. Yes, like the people who stayed up all night in line at the Apple Store to get an iPhone 6 instead of just showing up at 8 AM when the store opened, sometimes you do what you can to try to get your device sooner. For us, it was doing a search (oh, we're so SNEAKY!) and finding an in-stock SKU that we ordered. But DRAT we have been hoist by our own petard! Our diabolical "search for the item and order the item that shows as being In Stock" evil master plan BACKFIRED!

I am astounded mostly by the discount. I am shocked that the 25% discount is being honoured. I thought for sure that was an error and they would just cancel all the orders outright. Sure there would have been a chorus of "phony outrage" for that, but most people would realize "When something's too good to be true, it probably is." but what is ACTUALLY happening now is worse than order cancellation.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 10-13-14 at 06:06 PM.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-13-14 05:41 PM
    At least in the U.S., after charging the credit card, the retailer has 30 days to ship, unless an earlier ship day was promised:

Billed for Merchandise You Never Received? Here's What To Do | Consumer Information

"By law, a merchant should ship your order within the time stated in its ads or over the phone. If the merchant doesn't promise a time, you can expect it to ship your order within 30 days."

"The shipment "clock" begins when the merchant receives a "properly completed order." That includes your name, address and payment (check, money order or authorization to charge an existing credit account - whether the account is debited at that time or not)."

Obviously, since the complaints have been a lack of communication with Digital River, they haven't promised anyone an earlier ship date. The 29th of October is about the limit of that. I would think it's reasonable to ask to have the order canceled though, if you don't want to wait for them. However, given how DR operates, it seems that once a credit card has been charged, the gears are in motion to ship something, thus the issues with canceling. It's as if order processing and handling/shipping are two separate entities. Once order processing passes the message to handling/shipping, the message can't be recinded. The buyer must refuse shipment in order to cancel, as stupid as that is.
    10-13-14 05:53 PM
    Stop blaming the victims here
    ^^^^This.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    CrackberryQ likes this.
    10-13-14 05:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    This type of attitude would thrive in North Korea these days.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    robert_in_la likes this.
    10-13-14 06:00 PM
    No one is asking for anything that wasn't advertised... and they took our $, so yeah... they do owe us something. You should pull your head out of your ****. Your level of trolling is sickening.
    Seems like people want free goodies like a charger and case which wasn't advertised or implied. Someone pulled that out of their butts.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 08:25 PM
    Seems like people want free goodies like a charger and case which wasn't advertised or implied. Someone pulled that out of their butts.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone is asking for anything more than what was reasonably inferred by the using "VIP Device" included in their written description.

In addition, this whole notion that people used some "back door" to place their order is absurd.

Fact is DR not only allowed the orders to take place, but in many, if not all cases they actually charged people's credit cards. Furthering the agreement between them as the merchant on one hand, and X buyer on the other.

DR could have canceled the orders but they chose not to and therefore the burden is on them to deliver what was bought and paid for.

That's not called entitlement, it's called an Agreement. I would say your ignorance by attacking people on a forum is sickening but what's the point, you're going to believe what you believe regardless.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robert_in_la; 10-13-14 at 11:49 PM.
    keefrto likes this.
    10-13-14 08:58 PM
    you may be right but I bet even though BlackBerry never did publish anything called the "VIP Edition specs" here's what I think happened:

someone sent all the passport-related part numbers to DR: cases, devices, the whole shebang... but because the devices we'll just call the VIP Edition DID have to be manufactured (that big box with the moulded spots for the case and three chargers wasn't knitted at the elder care facility down the road from BBHQ during arts and crafts day) and the SKU got sent to DR anyway, erroneously (or not for public availability at any rate). with the orders being fulfilled by BlackBerry how would DR know what exists and what doesn't? They rely on BlackBerry to send the correct info for the products listed.

so i'm saying, whether or not the VIP units are "in stock" or not, whether they were supposed to be available for purchase or not, whether the device has the stainless or black band, the "VIP Edition" IS exactly the device with the case and the three chargers that should never EVER have been available... only it WAS and people ordered it anyway, on the chance that those orders might be filled (hey, no harm in trying). Now being told that the VIP is just the regular kit, rather than the more likely thing which is "oops, that sku should not have been there it doesn't exist your order was cancelled, would you like the regular edition" we are told "the VIP edition is the regular edition only called VIP for absolutely no reason what why don't you believe that it makes perfect sense".

In summary:the VIP Edition should never have been listed, it should never have been 'findable', it should never have been shown as being in stock, it should never have been orderable, orders related to it never should have been charged for. The only thing purchasers of the VIP Edition did was take the opportunity that presented itself, and not everyone would unreasonably demand overcompensation for the errors or demand fulfillment of something that doesn't even exist, but we can do without the being jerked around and insulted.

I personally get far more irritated by attempts by customer service personnel to just "close the ticket" or get me off the phone than I do by being told "it was a mistake and here's what we're doing to make sure it doesn't happen again." IF that's capital IF they throw me a bone like a free accessory (which costs them probably $1.50 to manufacture if the prices on dx.com are any indication) I am delighted, but if they do nothing but promise to do their best to ensure it doesn't happen again, i'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I expect to hear more this week. What I don't accept is that my order can't be cancelled and I have to wait for fulfillment and refuse delivery: they can get their developers in 24/7 writing the "cancel an order for pete's sake" module and fix this now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 10-13-14 at 09:33 PM.
    keefrto likes this.
    10-13-14 09:12 PM
    Here's the thing... we paid an extra $100 for this "VIP" device/package that was easily searchable through the ShopBlackberry site. We paid MORE, so we expected MORE. My only request is that DR/BB has some professional courtesy and release an official statement that we're in fact getting NOTHING more for our extra $100. If they did this, at least we can get refunds. Don't LET us order the VIP, CONFIRM the VIP order, give us an ORDER number, and charge our credit cards... only to lump us in with regular back-ordered devices that were $100 less.

If Blackberry expects to cater to professionals, then act professionally and provide a statement on these VIP orders ASAP. Letting us just sit in the dark waiting for our "surprise of nothing more" VIP orders to arrive sometime after 10/29 for our extra $100 is unprofessional IMHO. The lack of communication regarding the descriptions/status of "VIP" orders from Blackberry/DR is no what I expect from a company targeting business professionals.

This pretty much nails it.....

My 0.02c
    Even if the BlackBerry Passport VIP clearly stated that "VIP"only meant some kind of express shipment / delivery/guarantee
    Then having failed on that premise, it seems only reasonable to expect some form of Refund?

It's no different to paying extra for overnight delivery and it arrives in 5 business days, only in this instance the item hasn't even shipped.....

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.2977
    10-13-14 10:37 PM
    1. Happy thaankksss givin daaaay to all you guys!!!

2. After watching the vip unboxing, it was a natural reaction to go to shopbb and simply type VIP in the search box, this would take you to the VIP passport, just like typing Q10 or Z10, didn't need a URL or anything. So it can't be my fault to search for something on the search function of the website, and press buy!

3. I attached a pic dude of the device package description, notice it clearly said VIP device included, could be different color, different pins, extra stuff dunno, it's just VIP.

4.they already took our money, and made us wait, a simple order cancellation would be really disappointing!

5. I see it one way, we paid more we get more! Bundle a couple of stuff with it, give us store credit, app world credit, or simply a partial refund, but order cancellation shouldn't be an option, that is something we get to do when we are disappointed with the vendor, buy cancelling our orders.

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    First of all you did not pay more than a regular Passport. According to you paid $568 incl taxes. I paid $635 including taxes. That you all used a coupon code which nobody was supposed to use in the first place does not negate the fact that you paid less for your device.

Secondly you searched for a device which was publicy never made available nor was it advertised. Someone dropped the word VIP, you got big eyes and your ego took over.

Finally, you have an assumption what BB meant by VIP. According to you besides the letters VIP there was no further description. Just because you think something extra should be included does not make it so. You had the option to call BB or DR to verify the contents of your order BEFORE you purchased. Now if you get a box with the imprint VIP you got exactly what you purchased. Just because your sense of entitlement tells you one thing does not make it reality.
    10-14-14 12:03 AM
    Hi everyone,

I have corresponded with the Director of eCommerce from Blackberry (many of you have corresponded with her already) and I have clarity on what happened and how they plan to proceed with the U.S. VIP orders... If you've read my other posts, you know I'm a pretty straightforward person. I don't like my time wasted and I won't waste yours. I hope that the below will save you and the Director of eCommerce as it addressed most of my concerns.

1. The "VIP" link was a special promotion sent to targeted customers. The link was sent along with an accompanying coupon code that would reduce the pricing down from $699 to $599. Whoever posted that link onto the forums neglected to include the accompanying code to reduce the pricing down to $599. The "VIP" promotion does NOT include anything extra beyond the standard package.. no chargers, no hard shell case, not the stealth black housing. I speculate that this promotion was simply a special link that would allow VIP individuals to put an order into the system (maximum of 2 units) even when the standard package on the store would sell out and show as "out of stock".

2. The "SHOPBBSAVE15" coupon code (i.e. the "25%" coupon code) was not intended to be used for either packages... VIP or standard. However, BlackBerry will honor those purchases using that coupon code as it was their "mistake".

3. All orders (VIP, standard, VIP with coupon code, standard with coupon code) will be filled in sequential order... "first purchased, first served" and they have made processing changes to ensure this will be followed.

4. The target shipping date is October 29th. However, the COO is working hard to procure units for ShopBlackBerry ahead of schedule. So, it appears that there is a high chance that some of the early birds will get their devices before 10/29.

I am quite appreciative of the prompt response I received from BlackBerry. A formal statement regarding all of the above would've been a more effective communication rather than several email correspondences between individuals and BlackBerry.

For those of you like me who have back-ordered "discounted U.S. VIP" orders, I recommend the following for sanity reasons...

Simply look forward and be happy with the fact that:
    1. We got to put in an order into the system for a Passport when the regular link showed that all devices were "out of stock". This is the "VIP" promotion (i.e. differentiation from the standard link imho).
    2. We got a 25% discount and got our pricing down to the ~$570 range (including taxes) depending on the State you live in.
    3. We paid $0 for shipping.
    4. Our orders will be fulfilled in chronological order... first purchased, first served.

Yes, there should have been more clarity earlier and yes DR shouldn't have charged our credit cards until they were going to ship our devices, but in the bigger picture, we still got a great deal relative to folks that purchased during the week before (i.e. launch week). After my correspondence with BlackBerry, I also have some peace of mind as well. At this point, that's more valuable than the $100.

The folks that got to use the 25% coupon code with the standard $599 for a ~$490 Passport should feel pretty damn lucky!

AD
    10-14-14 12:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Help another seizure! Ambulance please!

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    10-14-14 12:15 AM
148 ... 23456