Here's the thing... we paid an extra $100 for this "VIP" device/package that was easily searchable through the ShopBlackberry site. We paid MORE, so we expected MORE. My only request is that DR/BB has some professional courtesy and release an official statement that we're in fact getting NOTHING more for our extra $100. If they did this, at least we can get refunds. Don't LET us order the VIP, CONFIRM the VIP order, give us an ORDER number, and charge our credit cards... only to lump us in with regular back-ordered devices that were $100 less.

If Blackberry expects to cater to professionals, then act professionally and provide a statement on these VIP orders ASAP. Letting us just sit in the dark waiting for our "surprise of nothing more" VIP orders to arrive sometime after 10/29 for our extra $100 is unprofessional IMHO. The lack of communication regarding the descriptions/status of "VIP" orders from Blackberry/DR is no what I expect from a company targeting business professionals.
    Least possible is get vip treatment, item showed in stock=immediate delivery, or item labelled as VIP should be delivered before others, or atleaaast COMMUNICATE to us what's happening in a prompt manner.

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    10-13-14 03:59 AM
    From what I can tell only the press package is the one with the extras and the special box. So you might want to send mass emails and claim the right on the press package if they are available of course.
    10-13-14 04:10 AM
    From what I can tell only the press package is the one with the extras and the special box. So you might want to send mass emails and claim the right on the press package if they are available of course.
    I left a message for my coordinator back in Van to open a package I received from DR, as I'm currently out of town.

I ordered my VIP unit and it was initially canceled (wasn't told why) only to receive a shipment from DR the day after I went out of town. I didn't order anything from them other than the Passport, VIP device.

As soon I hear back later this morning I'll let everyone know.

Posted via CB10
    aha likes this.
    10-13-14 07:45 AM
    I just heard from my coordinator at my office that the delivery from DR was the Passport order.

However there was no additional accessories such as the hard case, screen protector or different international plugs. Basically it's a regular Passport package.

Posted via CB10
    aha likes this.
    10-13-14 11:21 AM
    I just heard from my coordinator at my office that the delivery from DR was the Passport order.

However there was no additional accessories such as the hard case, screen protector or different international plugs. Basically it's a regular Passport package.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting, you would be the first to confirm the recipient of a Passport after ordering the "VIP Edition ".

Where are you? When did you order? Etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 11:31 AM
    I wonder if maybe Bla1ze or Kevin could/should send some screen shots of the number of threads related to this mess.
    pretty sure that Blackberry has "people" that monitor websites that are 1] covering blackberry and 2] recieve a lot of traffic/viewers
    10-13-14 11:43 AM
    Dearest Bla1ze,

Being editor in chief of this community, and the later being as I believe the largest BlackBerry user community around, and in light of the current BlackBerry Passport Coupon VIP debacle, please help buy sending and email and obtaining a final clear answer on what the VIP version, and whether or not purchasers should be compensated with either goods or refunds, or not.

Please keep in mind the following which I gathered to the best of my understanding from the forums pertaining this issue.

1. A while ago a "VIP" version was featured in a video on crackberry forums, this lead people to search the BlackBerry site, and in fact find a VIP version, which is 100 usd more expensive than the regular on the US site.
    Although BlackBerry is not related to the released video, but the word Vip and the extra 100usd and the fact that orders were accepted at the same time as the regular cheaper one, all pointed out to the fact the the VIP version has something different, linger warranty, different color, faster delivery, included gifts etc...

2. At the very beginning some contacted DR and got replies confirming that the VIP package has extra chargers, and a solid case.

3. Recently an email from BlackBerry to one of our members stated that the VIP package is identical and no extras in comparison to the regular package.

What we would like to know.

1. Is the VIP package different, if so how?
    2. If it is identical, and BlackBerry had it on its site and allowed users to place orders at a premium, will BlackBerry give us something for this premium, or will they refund the difference, or nothing at all.
    3. For people who bought the VIP instead of the regular during the coupon period paying 568 instead of 480 usd including tax, will those people also get refunds if BlackBerry decides to go down that road based on the coupon they used?
    4. The email from BlackBerry noting the 29 October delivery commencement, does that apply to the VIP version, as many of us didn't get the email, although our funds have been deducted.

These are the questions and clarifications I gathered from the other forums, guys if u have anything else please add.

BLA1ZE please end this, in all cases I love the coupon thing still got away with a passport at reduced price, but I believe this is a hot topic and you should be all over it ASAP.

Thnx.

Ps.: description says VIP device included, so that's quite clear that is a different thing. At least for me.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 305357
    I am appalled (ok, that's a little dramatic...) that nobody has liked or thanked your post, CrackberryQ. So I am just going to the be FIRST () one to thank you for posting the well thought through post. I have those very same questions in my mind for BlackBerry but probably won't articulate as good as you.
    10-13-14 11:43 AM
    Correct! Sometimes I actually regret posting something in this community!

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully not this time... I am appalled by the response you got on your OP... ok, not really, I would be surprised if human race stays positive, helpful and constructive towards your original post.
    10-13-14 11:51 AM
    BlackBerry and Digital River have canceled orders for the VIP Passports? That's rich.

The idea that BlackBerry is literally returning money to customers is hilarious.

The people who found out about the VIP link are probably just us CrackBerry crazies or N4BB nuts--I don't think BlackBerry is doing themselves any favors by rubbing their diehard fans the wrong way.

I didn't order one, because I saw the picture of it and saw that it was still stainless steel, I already have the case, and I don't need a bunch of adapters. But for the what, like, the few hundred BlackBerry fans that got their VIP orders canceled for no reason? That's terrible, and at a time when BlackBerry and Digital River are trying to establish credibility, this definitely doesn't help.
    ^^^^^^This
    10-13-14 12:00 PM
    Why the heck are people complaining? The description of the product does not say anything about extra being included in the box.
    Crazed_BB_Fanatic likes this.
    10-13-14 12:03 PM
    All these threads full of people b****** and whining.... seriously, you have two choices 1.Accept it, deal with it and shut up 2. NOT accept it, cancel the order and shut up. Done.

Posted via CB10
    Internet forums would never need to be invented if every one of us are like you or Clint Eastwood.
    10-13-14 12:09 PM
    Interesting, you would be the first to confirm the recipient of a Passport after ordering the "VIP Edition ".

Where are you? When did you order? Etc.

Posted via CB10
    I placed my order for the VIP on Oct 5, posted to my credit card on Oct. 8. I am down in Los Angeles right now and won't be back to Van until next Thursday.
    10-13-14 12:09 PM
    "VIP are legends in their own mind." Heard this sentence about 20 years ago and thought it was funny. Get a normal Passport like everyone else, no hassle there. Ordered mine on the 7th and picked it up on the 8th. Enjoy your Passport, I know I am.

Sent from my beastly Passport
    10-13-14 12:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's interesting, on two fronts. First, I submitted my order and it was approved on the 4th. I was billed as of October 3rd. I have been told that my two Passports shipped out, but was not given any tracking information or anything else really. I kept on trying to get some information from DR and still nothing. Second, as of today, my card has now been with a posted charge for 10 days and nothing has been delivered to me, nor does DR know anything about my order beyond that it is marked as "complete".
    10-13-14 12:38 PM
    i was shopping there that night too and remember the chatter

Nobody knew what the VIP package was, some guessed it was extra stuff, others thought maybe a special package, some hoped it was the blacked out very special model ( as if!!!)

everyone knew it was found through a back door work around, ie it was not listed as available on the website through he regular portal

those who bought thought they were getting something special and at a severe discount that everyone also knew it was through the back door and knew the discount was being applying incorrectly.

I doubt DR/BB will cancel any of these as they would rather NOT have bad PR and they will have to decide who is responsible

OTOH we all knew we we attempting a minor scam and hoping it would work and not get found out and cancelled ( I ordered the regular PP and like everyone else ued the discount code we were not supposed to know about gave me 25% of , not 15% off).

The most sensible people on that day expected the VIP package might be a flashier package with a some international charger adapters, anyone in the USA who was willing to pay an extra $100 before discount either was a fool ( to spend $100 for worthless extras)or wanted a collectors item( who should be happy to get it at al). I expected the VIP was for corporate gifting and was not for public purchase.

My advice, being a discount coupon user as well, is to keep it on the lowdown. Press, headlines, official top level channels could backfire.

If Crackberry asks for official clarification then they might have to act.

What would a carrier or channel filler think of all of these mistaken orders and discounts causing supply problem for them , who are paying their usual prices. Each of the excess orders and discounts at shopblackberry is lost business to them

chill ( btw I am also frustrated and impatient and would not be surprised or upset if the order got cancelled)

calm down and cross your fingers, you knew you were taking a risk.

So far they say they will honour the orders. If you can't wait buy a PP regular channel and sell it later when you get your dicounted model.
    ROROSLIM, cbvinh, Anilu7 and 1 others like this.
    10-13-14 12:38 PM
    Something NOT fair with BB's fan. I think BB user is BB fan and is VIP.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:44 PM

Nobody knew what the VIP package was, some guessed it was extra stuff, others thought maybe a special package, some hoped it was the blacked out very special model ( as if!!!)

everyone knew it was found through a back door work around, ie it was not listed as available on the website through he regular portal

those who bought thought they were getting something special and at a severe discount that everyone also knew it was through the back door and knew the discount was being applying incorrectly.

I doubt DR/BB will cancel any of these as they would rather NOT have bad PR and they will have to decide who is responsible

OTOH we all knew we we attempting a minor scam and hoping it would work and not get found out and cancelled ( I ordered the regular PP and like everyone else ued the discount code we were not supposed to know about gave me 25% of , not 15% off).

The most sensible people on that day expected the VIP package might be a flashier package with a some international charger adapters, anyone in the USA who was willing to pay an extra $100 before discount either was a fool ( to spend $100 for worthless extras)or wanted a collectors item( who should be happy to get it at al). I expected the VIP was for corporate gifting and was not for public purchase.

My advice, being a discount coupon user as well, is to keep it on the lowdown. Press, headlines, official top level channels could backfire.

If Crackberry asks for official clarification then they might have to act.

What would a carrier or channel filler think of all of these mistaken orders and discounts causing supply problem for them , who are paying their usual prices. Each of the excess orders and discounts at shopblackberry is lost business to them

chill ( btw I am also frustrated and impatient and would not be surprised or upset if the order got cancelled)

calm down and cross your fingers, you knew you were taking a risk.

So far they say they will honour the orders. If you can't wait buy a PP regular channel and sell it later when you get your dicounted model.
    Talk about stretching the truth. First, the VIP Passport wasn't found through a "back channel". It was found through a website search feature. Second, yes, the promo code may not have been intended for the Passport, but that makes no difference. The code is what the code is and it gave a discount that it did. Just like you are assuming that the code should have been 15% off because of the name, I could assume that the code was intended to give 25% but was mislabeled. Moot point. A price was what the price was, and they took the orders. Moreover, they billed the orders and now I have a posted charge on the CC that has been sitting there for 10 days with nothing showing for it. I could care less if they cancelled my order to begin with if it wasn't correct. It would have been better to do that than to issue charges and, in case of some people, charge them a higher price for a lower priced product. Bottom line is that both DR and BBRY are out to lunch with these orders. They need to get their act together. Bla1ze was 100% correct that they should put together some "press packages" and send them out to all buyers of the VIP device. Bad press is much worse than a few plastic cases and chargers in a different box.
    10-13-14 12:44 PM
    So, did you order via the Canadian store? If so, you didn't have to pay the extra $100... I'm not surprised that you got the regular package then.
    Since the US store charged an extra $100.... we'd like to understand what that $100 is for.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:45 PM

I do not consider myself as a fool, and I did not purchase the VIP for any of the 2 reasons you suggested, I purchased the full price VIP (yes, $699.00) because it was the ONLY way to complete the order on Monday October 6th, even though the regular Passport showed out of stock, so I thought (well, hoped) that I would have my device sooner than most, at least sooner than amazon (I have another order placed there since September 28th for $599.00 that has not yet being shipped or charged, no updates what so ever either), and I would still save $200.00 from what they were being sold on Expansys, ebay, etc. For me it was a "financially urged" decision that of course, had it risks: I wanted the device so bad, but not willing to pay the $899.00 that other vendors wanted, so an extra $100.00 for a "in stock device" was fine.

I read carefully the description and seemed exactly the same as the regular one (Just the word VIP on the description), so I DID KNOW that it was a gamble and I'm fine with it. I have patience for what I consider to be the best and functional device for my personal use, so to me, is worth it.

That's why I'm not speculating, just hanging tight, quietly and patiently waiting at whatever shows at my door. And I paid full price, not even used the 15% discount coupon, that turned to be a 25% discount coupon.

Of course, if it shows as a regular Passport and no extras, I will call DR and get my extra $100.00 back, and I'm 100% positive that they will refund it with no questions asked.

So what is to complain about? For me, nothing just yet.
    ummie4 likes this.
    10-13-14 12:58 PM
    Hopefully not this time... I am appalled by the response you got on your OP... ok, not really, I would be surprised if human race stays positive, helpful and constructive towards your original post.
    Your my hero

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:04 PM
    I do not consider myself as a fool, and I did not purchase the VIP for any of the 2 reasons you suggested, I purchased the full price VIP (yes, $699.00) because it was the ONLY way to complete the order on Monday October 6th, even though the regular Passport showed out of stock, so I thought (well, hoped) that I would have my device sooner than most, at least sooner than amazon (I have another order placed there since September 28th for $599.00 that has not yet being shipped or charged, no updates what so ever either), and I would still save $200.00 from what they were being sold on Expansys, ebay, etc. For me it was a "financially urged" decision that of course, had it risks: I wanted the device so bad, but not willing to pay the $899.00 that other vendors wanted, so an extra $100.00 for a "in stock device" was fine.

I read carefully the description and seemed exactly the same as the regular one (Just the word VIP on the description), so I DID KNOW that it was a gamble and I'm fine with it. I have patience for what I consider to be the best and functional device for my personal use, so to me, is worth it.

That's why I'm not speculating, just hanging tight, quietly and patiently waiting at whatever shows at my door. And I paid full price, not even used the 15% discount coupon, that turned to be a 25% discount coupon.

Of course, if it shows as a regular Passport and no extras, I will call DR and get my extra $100.00 back, and I'm 100% positive that they will refund it with no questions asked.

So what is to complain about? For me, nothing just yet.
    I'm with you 100% I don't understand people with useless comments, but dude don't sweat such comments, I gather many have a certain mental capacity, and attempting any form of explanation may cause them serious seizures, and I don't think a sensible person like you would want that on their conscience!

Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:07 PM
    So, did you order via the Canadian store? If so, you didn't have to pay the extra $100... I'm not surprised that you got the regular package then.
    Since the US store charged an extra $100.... we'd like to understand what that $100 is for.
    I believe the extra 100 isn't really extra. That is the normal price and that particular one wasn't on sale with the 100 off like the regular one. If you chose to buy the more expensive one that didn't specify anything different was included then so be it.....

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:17 PM
    I am calm and patient, I just don't think I should pay for some else's mistake.

I could donate $100 bucks to BlackBerry if they really need it, but as a donation, not a buyout of someone's mistakes.

The theory of VIP packages being just regular packages, could be true. I don't necessarily like it but that may just be the truth. The "VIP" label may just mean the privilege to order through a different supply channel than the one for the mass, with a higher price tag and a better support package. Let?s face it, there are people willing to pay $100 extra just for a VIP label.

The mistake here is, however, making the VIP item searchable at shopblackberry. And lots of people who are not ok to just pay $100 for a label ordered this VIP item and want to know what's so VIP about their orders. BlackBerry might not want to publicly state that the VIP device is actually the same as regular device because it may upset those not so tech savvy VIPs who actually paid the $100 for the label. Some of them probably like the VIP status but don't like to be seeing as stupid.

Things common about hidden backdoors are, they usually can't be seen under the sun.

Another theory is, the VIP package is indeed the press package CB unboxed, coming with a hard shell case, chargers and a bigger box. But they ran out so fast that someone in BlackBerry or DR begins to fill those extra orders with regular packages + hard shell cases, like the one robert_in_la received. And the director of ShopBlackBerry was unaware of the difference so her email reflected that.

There got to be a couple of guys who ordered and received the VIP package like robert_in_la, if they all received the same package, then the first theory is likely true. If some of them received press package, then the second theory is likely to be true.

Regardless, it's better for BlackBerry to take high road and makes their customers happy. If not, oh well, we will move on sooner or later, no biggie.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    10-13-14 01:47 PM
    The problem here is that it actually did specify something different...
    1) The price.
    2) FEATURES: "VIP Device"

Don't list "VIP Device" under "FEATURES" and say that it's the same thing and don't discount the "regular" device a $100 and not the other "vip/regular" device if they're in fact the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm don't believe that I'm entitled to anything "extra"... But I do believe that I'm entitled to some clarity by a merchant that has taken my money already so that I can decide if I want to pursue a refund or not.

That January/February AT&T release for a "$250" upgrade price is looking better and better each day...

I believe the extra 100 isn't really extra. That is the normal price and that particular one wasn't on sale with the 100 off like the regular one. If you chose to buy the more expensive one that didn't specify anything different was included then so be it.....

Posted via CB10
    Rob_Berry2 likes this.
    10-13-14 01:51 PM
    I know that many of you are already subscribed/posting here as well:
    ShopBlackBerry online shop - very disapointed - Page 3 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

IMHO, I think that Blackberry can provide a better statement than this::
    BLA1ZE help needed on Passport VIP issue-capture.png

If I understand this correctly, the "ShopBlackBerry team" is essentially DR, so basically... BB is dishing off to DR and we will continue to get the same level of clarity (i.e. no clarity) from them. Maybe we need to ask "TyW" to escalate to someone internal at BB HQ.
    10-13-14 02:04 PM
148 12345 ...