Myself and others have posted with 100% certainty it is the normal passport. We do know. Here is an excerpt from the email:

You are correct on multiple points:

Your card should not have been charged at checkout. It should have been charged at shipment. This was due to the way we set up the VIP product.
    The VIP product is only a name to be used for a very small marketing initiative it never, though, referred to a VIP bundle, such as was distributed at the launch. It was called VIP because the marketing initiative was for VIP contacts. The product you are getting is the regular version of the passport with only the phone, headphones, and charger. I apologize for the confusion.

Posted via CB10
    Others have posted with what they seemed to think was 100% certainty that they were getting something special because they asked pointed questions of DR CS reps.

I have nothing at stake here. I have my Passport, ordered from Amazon on launch day.

If you and a few others are prepared to get a regular Passport just like everyone else, that is good. Because you are almost certain to get exactly that, or a cancelled order. But, I still say that no one will know 'till a VIP order hits a doorstep. And even then, someone will still insist that when their order shows up it will be special.
    10-12-14 10:03 PM
    Lets be honest all Passports are VIP :amirite:
    10-12-14 10:11 PM
    Lets be honest all Passports are VIP :amirite:
    uamrite
    10-12-14 10:14 PM
    Ellis has been trying to get that gold Passport

BLA1ZE help needed on Passport VIP issue-ellistalking.jpg
    Alright, John, listen. They want you to tell them where the Passports are. They know people are listening. They want the Passports or they're gonna kill me.
    10-12-14 10:18 PM
    Why not just send out a regular passport with a case, as opposed to canceling orders? Wouldn't that suffice for people?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 10:24 PM
    You're not going to get any answers right now anyway.

1). It's Sunday (when this was posted)
    2). It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada. Anyone with any stature to be able to REALLY answer the questions from BlackBerry is out of office even if they live in the U.S.

Also, I see a lot of people essentially complaining about the VIP packages. However, how did anyone even know about the VIP packages to begin with? They were hidden on the site and you had to search for / be given the link to order them, as noted previously in this thread. Seemingly with that being the case, everyone took a small risk in ordering something they weren't supposed to actually be seeing or wasn't intended for them anyway as far as I can tell.

Everyone read something about the VIP package here which was based on rumor and speculation and ordered something that had no details associated with it aside from it saying 'VIP package'. Seems like the 'debacle' blame has to be shared here. BlackBerry and DR should have killed every VIP order and well, no one should have been ordering it to begin with.

I'll see what's shaking on Tuesday morning and see if there's any answers to be had.
    1. Happy thaankksss givin daaaay to all you guys!!!

2. After watching the vip unboxing, it was a natural reaction to go to shopbb and simply type VIP in the search box, this would take you to the VIP passport, just like typing Q10 or Z10, didn't need a URL or anything. So it can't be my fault to search for something on the search function of the website, and press buy!

3. I attached a pic dude of the device package description, notice it clearly said VIP device included, could be different color, different pins, extra stuff dunno, it's just VIP.

4.they already took our money, and made us wait, a simple order cancellation would be really disappointing!

5. I see it one way, we paid more we get more! Bundle a couple of stuff with it, give us store credit, app world credit, or simply a partial refund, but order cancellation shouldn't be an option, that is something we get to do when we are disappointed with the vendor, buy cancelling our orders.

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    Jaguarandine and Anilu7 like this.
    10-12-14 10:43 PM
    Bla 1Ze,
    What you use personally daily driver?
    Sorry for non- topic question.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 11:01 PM
    Forget it. This whole situation regardless of who's fault it really is is absolutely ridiculous, unprofessional and unacceptable. I gladly just canceled both of my orders. Screw this, 2 payments taken out immediately then make me wait a month?! No thanks. The novelty and excitement has passed and in just a few months there will be some great deals to be had on it.

All these threads full of people b****** and whining.... seriously, you have two choices 1.Accept it, deal with it and shut up 2. NOT accept it, cancel the order and shut up. Done.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 11:08 PM
    It does need to be cleared up because people in the US paid $100 more than those who ordered the normal Passport.

If they're the same product, they should get a refund of $100.

Sure it's ok if the VIP package was never meant for the public, but it's not acceptable to not deliver any updates whatsoever to people who bought one. This is especially crucial since people were charged for it already. I don't know about you, but it gave me the impression that they're so disorganized that they don't even know that I paid them and that for all I know, my order doesn't even exist but my bill of $600 does.

Basically people who ordered the normal passport kept getting updates and emails, vip people didn't get any updates at all...even when you called and they would "escalate " your case for you.

Lastly, it's really unacceptable to immediately charge and take the money from buyers when the device won't be shipped for another month.

Do it properly like every other business - you charge the customer once the item is shipped.

They really have to part ways with digital river because this isn't working. It didn't work with the PlayBook, it doesn't work if you need an RMA or warranty, and it's not working now with the passport.

How else would a company be able to cancel your order, and then 2 months later send you the items anyway? Thanks for the free charger bundles, I heard other people got phones for free.

It's entirely within digital rivers capacity to take your money, probably unknowingly, and never send you the phone unless you kept calling and calling them.

#CB10 #DirtyThirty #NaturalSound
    aziandevil, Anilu7 and dannykavs like this.
    10-12-14 11:15 PM
    Bla 1Ze,

Posted via CB10
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 11:16 PM
    The only thing I know and am certain of is....

It should be fixed lol. I don't care whose fault it is or who is to blame. All I see is opportunity really and BlackBerry should take it as a chance to make some people happy.

Send out an email, say it was all a mistake and never should have happened and give those who did order a VIP package the same package that was sent to the press.

It wouldn't exactly be a huge undertaking. It's a hard shell, premium headphones and some chargers 90% of people won't use anyway, all in a box with a BlackBerry logo on it. *shrug*

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 11:22 PM
    I agree ^. It's all about making the customers happy in the end.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    10-12-14 11:24 PM

It should be fixed lol. I don't care whose fault it is or who is to blame. All I see is opportunity really and BlackBerry should take it as a chance to make some people happy.

Send out an email, say it was all a mistake and never should have happened and give those who did order a VIP package the same package that was sent to the press.

It wouldn't exactly be a huge undertaking. It's a hard shell, premium headphones and some chargers 90% of people won't use anyway, all in a box with a BlackBerry logo on it. *shrug*

Posted via CB10
    To be honest, I'd be more than happy to get the discounted price and nothing 'extra' at all. I would have NO PROBLEM at all with that.

P.S. I am one of those who managed to order the "VIP" package and in Canada.
    10-12-14 11:27 PM
    I bought the non VIP one about 10 min before I knew about the VIP one. I was going to cancel the non vip and buy the vip one but my gut kept telling me no. I'm sure everybody that ordered the VIP knew they were taking a gamble... I can't believe all the fuss..

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 11:29 PM
    I bought the non VIP one about 10 min before I knew about the VIP one. I was going to cancel the non vip and buy the vip one but my gut kept telling me no. I'm sure everybody that ordered the VIP knew they were taking a gamble... I can't believe all the fuss..

Posted via CB10
    True considering the VIP wasn't even listened on the website..people had to go to a link that was hidden.

IMO that should of gave some indication to STAY AWAY!! Lol

10-12-14 11:34 PM
    True considering the VIP wasn't even listened on the website..people had to go to a link that was hidden.

It wasn't hidden, you just had to search for it on the site and it came up.

No link needed.

10-12-14 11:38 PM

Yes my exact thought..... For once I made the right decision! Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 11:47 PM
    It wasn't hidden, you just had to search for it on the site and it came up.

No link needed.

Even if so..it wasn't listened with the rest of the phones on shopblackberry..

10-12-14 11:58 PM
    Forget it. This whole situation regardless of who's fault it really is is absolutely ridiculous, unprofessional and unacceptable. I gladly just canceled both of my orders. Screw this, 2 payments taken out immediately then make me wait a month?! No thanks. The novelty and excitement has passed and in just a few months there will be some great deals to be had on it.

All these threads full of people b****** and whining.... seriously, you have two choices 1.Accept it, deal with it and shut up 2. NOT accept it, cancel the order and shut up. Done.

Posted via CB10
    Here's the best part, my friend just canceled his. His credit card was charged in full on Oct 7. He just received an email from Shop BlackBerry saying they can't refund his credit card. They didn't state any reason why other than they will he back to him to let him know the out come.

So he called Amex and disputed the charges.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Now that's why I was askin for BLA1ZE the all mighty! Looooooool

Now go get us some nice freebies!!! Looool

Darn I love freebies! Specially ones I paid for lol

10-13-14 12:34 AM
    Even if so..it wasn't listened with the rest of the phones on shopblackberry..

I've made many purchases before from Best Buy, Future Shop, Staples, The Source, etc where the item wasn't listed on their main page, but where you had to search for it.

Point is, when the VIP edition was first discovered on the shop BlackBerry site, there was no indication that it was a mistake.

robert_in_la and keefrto like this.
    10-13-14 12:52 AM
    Bla 1Ze,

Posted via CB10
    ANY topic other than the "beaten like a red-headed step child" conversation here is a welcome one.

Q asked, Bla1ze answered. CHILL OUT, dudes!

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    10-13-14 01:06 AM
    People complaining about maybe not getting the VIP device are idiots tbh. I bought it...and felt fishy. THAT'S EXACTLY WHY I USED MY CREDIT CARD AND NOT DEBIT. This deal felt way too good to be true so I made sure to use the credit card so I can dispute the charges with my credit card company directly. I do not feel sorry for those who didn't plan ahead like I did. Sorry that's life. You took a risk now deal with the consequences for not appropriately planning. I am still patiently waiting to see if I get the passport or not. But if I get no email by the 29th on shipment I am calling my credit card company for being charged for a product that was never received with the appropriate wait time.
    BLA1ZE help needed on Passport VIP issue-image_2014-10-09_083719.png

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 03:05 AM
    People complaining about maybe not getting the VIP device are idiots tbh. I bought it...and felt fishy. THAT'S EXACTLY WHY I USED MY CREDIT CARD AND NOT DEBIT. This deal felt way too good to be true so I made sure to use the credit card so I can dispute the charges with my credit card company directly. I do not feel sorry for those who didn't plan ahead like I did. Sorry that's life. You took a risk now deal with the consequences for not appropriately planning. I am still patiently waiting to see if I get the passport or not. But if I get no email by the 29th on shipment I am calling my credit card company for being charged for a product that was never received with the appropriate wait time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2014-10-09_083719.png 
Views:	1258 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	305638

Posted via CB10
    Calling others idiots is pretty idiotic, please refrain from such disrespectful comments, or leave this thread.

On the other hand, advise, comments, constructive criticism, are always welcome.

So chill, relax, and let's see what happens.

I used my credit card, doesn't make me feel smarter than others, people are dealing with BlackBerry not a fishy online vendor, and that does install a sense trust, and extra precautions don't seem necessary.

Anilu7 and keefrto like this.
    10-13-14 03:11 AM
    Here's the thing... we paid an extra $100 for this "VIP" device/package that was easily searchable through the ShopBlackberry site. We paid MORE, so we expected MORE. My only request is that DR/BB has some professional courtesy and release an official statement that we're in fact getting NOTHING more for our extra $100. If they did this, at least we can get refunds. Don't LET us order the VIP, CONFIRM the VIP order, give us an ORDER number, and charge our credit cards... only to lump us in with regular back-ordered devices that were $100 less.

If Blackberry expects to cater to professionals, then act professionally and provide a statement on these VIP orders ASAP. Letting us just sit in the dark waiting for our "surprise of nothing more" VIP orders to arrive sometime after 10/29 for our extra $100 is unprofessional IMHO. The lack of communication regarding the descriptions/status of "VIP" orders from Blackberry/DR is no what I expect from a company targeting business professionals.
    10-13-14 03:16 AM
148 1234 ...