10-17-14 12:19 PM
37 12
tools
    My take on benchmarks? I don't give a ****. Most benchmarks are manipulated by the phone vendors the same way PC benchmarks or GPU benchmarks are.
    Companies adds extensions to their phones software just to look good in a particular benchmarks.
    BlackBerry is not part of this **** and I'm glad.
    The difference in real life is null and so noted the reviewer too. So who cares.....
    ZedMacahan likes this.
    10-16-14 02:27 PM
    given the general apathy and scarce, anemic endearments BB receives in this world, it is a fair and balance review by all accounts. cant really blame them for using android skewed benchmarks when it seems a bipolar world is in state of mindless scramble towards what they consider to be the noah's ark. if it wasn't about hitting blew the belt and cartel blackmailing, why keypads had to disappear to begin with?
    I am pleased that blackberry is getting some love it really deserves.
    Last edited by HereticHermit; 10-16-14 at 03:30 PM.
    BluejayChip likes this.
    10-16-14 03:12 PM
    what benchmark test for the browser are you talking about specifically? browsermark and kraken right. What does your z10 register for those
    I haven't checked, but I'm going on old reviews

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 03:43 PM
    Another thing is this:

Attachment 306336

Unless the chart is "lowest is better" (which doesn't make sense for a "contrast ratio" value), are they seriously saying that the Z30 has better sunlight visibility than the Passport? lol

Posted via CB10
    Different default settings? Tested at different times of the day?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 03:48 PM
    Z30 better in sunlight... no picture taking while recording vid... no private browsing... no mention of Amazon app store & apk's... using Android to benchmark, etc...

Sounds like another thorough review made by a keyboard puncher! w00t !

(I haven't read it yet..)
    10-16-14 04:14 PM
    I also feel like with the introduction of the passport it's good to have BlackBerry back.

For me I lost all I loved about BB when I went touchscreen.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 05:04 PM
    Yep, take those benchmarks with a grain of salt.
    The Dirty Little Secret About Mobile Benchmarks | Mostly-Tech
    10-16-14 05:27 PM
    All these reviews are nice but, All I see on TV is Samsung and iPhone ads.
    10-16-14 05:30 PM
    ... Unless the chart is "lowest is better" (which doesn't make sense for a "contrast ratio" value), are they seriously saying that the Z30 has better sunlight visibility than the Passport? lol
    My Z30 is excellent in the sunlight, as are any with properly functioning light sensors. I haven't had an opportunity to test it against a Passport though.

Not to stray off-topic too far, but Z30s that don't go fully bright is one of the worst, yet one of the quietest, hardware fails BBRY has ever had. Users assume it's just a dim screen, when it's actually decently bright & vibrant. Run the screen tests in BBVE and you should be able to see.
    10-16-14 05:34 PM
    All these reviews are nice but, All I see on TV is Samsung and iPhone ads.
    Which is expected for a niche market device ...
    10-17-14 06:49 AM
    The bottom line is subjective: do you get along with the device? does it do the jobs you need? does it live up to the BB standard of picking up signal in remote areas for calls and text? You either like your phone or you don't. It works for you or it doesn't

Benchmark numbers, android standards - they mean nothing to me. Several years ago I went from a flip phone to 4s which worked fine until they fudged it up with iOS7. I still have it, but my new fave is a 9900. The Passport? oh yeah, sounds like the perfect device for me -- sturdy, reliable, versatile workhorse to help me with my job. Glad to see the positive review. I'm used to being part of a minority - I don't care what others say about BB. Last summer a BB rescued me work-wise - the only device that could get the job done - not something I'm ever going to forget! pretty amazing... and now the Passport... may others read that review and give it a try ride!
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-17-14 10:58 AM
    First proper, standardised review of Passport just posted online. Enjoy.

BlackBerry Passport review: Ticket to ride - GSMArena.com
    ZDNET had a pretty good review, 5 days ago:

BlackBerry Passport review: World's best QWERTY in a uniquely functional form factor | ZDNet
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-17-14 12:19 PM
37 12