I can't believe I just bought a Passport online without ever using one in person.

There seem to be many people who love and people who think it's too big.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    12-19-14 12:48 PM
    I bought mine without the benefit of hands on time. Most of the US buyers did I think. Its size takes some getting used to but I wouldn't say that it's too big.
    geekaren and GeoK like this.
    12-19-14 12:51 PM
    I think it's the shape of it more than it size......And most people, once they use it for a couple of days, fall in looove.......
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    12-19-14 12:52 PM
    Dale-c give it a week, you will love it, trust me.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 12:53 PM
    Like anything, it's just a matter of personal preference. You won't know until you try it. I loved it right off the bat but after the newness wore off I found it was a little too wide for me. I really like being able to navigate a phone with one hand & the passport's design isn't really conducive for one handed maneuvering, for me personally.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 12:54 PM
    I think it's the shape of it more than it size........
    I totally agree with this.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 01:07 PM
    The advantage of the z10 etc is that it is shaped to be able to use one handed in portrait or two handed in either portrait or landscape. It seems that the passport is more of a two handed phone. If the battery and reception are improved over the z10 then I think it will be worth it.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 04:41 PM
    I too got mine without seeing it in person when it was released...

My initial impression when I first saw it......"so, that's it? " ...
    not big at all the way people made it out to be....

Looked average size to me to be honest. Shorter than the Notes, more pocket friendly, that's for sure.
    12-19-14 08:18 PM
    It looks big. But when you work on it, you will feel it is just the right size.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:42 PM
    I can't believe I just bought a Passport online without ever using one in person.

There seem to be many people who love and people who think it's too big.

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean too big or was it a play on the expression from Hamlet?
    12-19-14 10:45 PM
    I am using my Passport for a little more than a few weeks and yesterday I had to fix my coworker Q10. My first reaction was like ' man, how can you use this tiny phone? The keyboard is tiny, the screen is tiny...'.
    And this is after me being in love with BlackBerry 9700...

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    12-19-14 11:03 PM
    Not too big.

Actually now am likely to upgrade my iPhone to a Plus size in a year or two given my experience with the Passport's width, which is totally fine.

(I carry an iPhone and a Passport, and will do for the foreseeable future. Personal vs work.)

Posted with my Passport via CB10
    12-19-14 11:13 PM
    I use to think our S5s at work were big, but once I purchased the PP it feels small and my old IPhone 5 is a baby phone. After 3 weeks of use the PP really doesn't feel big. Love the wide square screen. The workwide app really showcases the screen size.
    12-19-14 11:59 PM
    The bigger the better hunny.
    12-20-14 03:22 AM
    Personally I love the size. I have sat for hours surfing the internet at coffee shops and restaurants using the passport feeling complete without my iPad. Really I just leave my iPad in my car now. The wideness is a pleasure to read on.
    12-20-14 03:30 AM
    The Passport pushes the boundaries on width for sure, but quite seriously, I rarely feel a need to boot up a laptop. My partner, who is an Apple Fanboi, frequently asks me to look things up on my Passport, rather than struggle to do it on his 5s or wake up the iMac.

It's a PITA to carry and do 2 second, one-handed replies to texts, as an example, but if the task takes longer than 30 seconds, the Passport is PERFECT.

In my work, I have to read desktop versions of message boards and download and read PDFS a lot. The Passport is AWESOME for doing on a hand-set what would ideally be done at a desk.

Think of it as a computer that is small enough to be used as a phone. This is what I needed.

Posted via CB10
    yohannrjm and miker476 like this.
    12-20-14 05:33 AM
    I have just received my Passport and I am not yet sure about the size. Coming from a Q10 the switch is a big step and if you are perfectly proficient with the full qwery keyboard, it is quite awkward to type at the beginning. However, I've been using the phone for only about a day now and I start feeling more and more comfortable. The size is a relative aspect and it definitely has advantages as well as negative sides.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 07:16 AM
    It's definitely and will take some time to get used to.

The length is great. It's similar to a normal phone which makes it great for having the device against your face when you are talking on it.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 07:34 AM
    Do you mean too big or was it a play on the expression from Hamlet?
    Yes, it was a word play, but then I realized I probably should have used "too" anyway :-)

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 08:17 AM
    Felt big for couple of days, seems perfectly normal sized now to me.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 08:25 AM
    First time I saw the Passport was when I opened the package containing it from my mail. I wasn't expecting it to be this big. My wife asked me if I just bought a tablet.... after a few days, I got used to the size, and a week later got me getting used to the keyboard as well. Right now it feels just "right" and other phones seem way too narrow. For some reason it reminds me of my Nokia E61i. I have very fond memories of that phone.
    thymaster likes this.
    12-20-14 08:32 AM
    I wouldn't say it is too big, just really awkward. I came from a Q10 so the Passport definitely took some getting use to. It took me about a week and a half to adjust to the size and shape and about two and a half weeks to adjust to the keyboard.

I find myself reaching for my Passport over my iPhone 6+ for pretty much everything.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 08:39 AM
    Not too big after you get used to it. My Z10 and Q10 seem tiny now.

Contrary to what I read in many reviews, my Passport fits in my pocket nicely.

Blackberry Passport SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.908
    12-20-14 10:14 AM
    As was mentioned above, "It's the shape, not so much the size."

It's not too big, but big. New, speacal, and transformative.
    It's a work horse and the owners are very happy with it.
    12-20-14 10:51 AM
    The Passport pushes the boundaries on width for sure, but quite seriously, I rarely feel a need to boot up a laptop. My partner, who is an Apple Fanboi, frequently asks me to look things up on my Passport, rather than struggle to do it on his 5s or wake up the iMac.

It's a PITA to carry and do 2 second, one-handed replies to texts, as an example, but if the task takes longer than 30 seconds, the Passport is PERFECT.

In my work, I have to read desktop versions of message boards and download and read PDFS a lot. The Passport is AWESOME for doing on a hand-set what would ideally be done at a desk.

Think of it as a computer that is small enough to be used as a phone. This is what I needed.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly how I feel about this device. It's a computer that is portable enough to also be used as a phone. It's fair to compare it to other phones but really, it's closer in functionality to a laptop than a phone. It's a whole new type of device for me and I love it. I kind of feel like they have reclaimed their identity in the mobile space with this one. Is that a phone? Is it a tablet? No, it's a BlackBerry. The Passport to be exact.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-24-14 02:35 AM
27 12