Have had the passport for two weeks now:
    1. It heats up a LOT and with it, battery discharges fast..I lose 30-50% WITHOUT using the phone much.

2. It does NOT pickup from a backup on Link OR through Device Switch.

3. Voice assistant awful

4. Typing is ok not great. i think classic would be better because of the touchpad.

5. Numbers which are in the address book continue to showup without a name when calls come in.

6. LOTS of Duplicates in contacts...does anyone know a good de duplicator?
    11-30-14 10:44 AM
    Have you tried a security wipe without reloading from a backup? I will guarantee it will fix all your problems

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 10:50 AM
    And for the record the voice assistant is exceptionally good.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 10:50 AM
    i did do a wipe/ entered 'blackberry" and then tried reloading again from backup. Didnt work.
    11-30-14 10:52 AM
    You are getting your issues from doing the back up probably, should do another wipe and set the device up like its new.
    11-30-14 10:53 AM
    Yep restoring from a backup causes issues, I restored from my Z30 backup but didn't restore the settings part. I've heard it causes issues so I didn't bother and it wasn't a huge deal to set my Passport up as I had my Z30.

Also contacts I have stored on my Gmail account so all I did was set up the synch back up and along with my emails, my contacts came back.

I don't get or have had any of the issues the OP has.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 10:57 AM
    I agree with the device about a clean setup. Give it a try.

"May I see your Passport please?"
    11-30-14 10:59 AM
    I would wipe and not restore from back up. That should solve the issue

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 11:04 AM
    What OS are you on? The numbers not showing was on an older one I think. Maybe try a different one? Only use one source for your contacts. And turn off SIM, BBM etc. For ones you don't want to see or link them.
    11-30-14 11:09 AM
    But I could NOT restore from backup. I'm on 10.3.0.908

That's why couldn't transfer settings, remember, media, sms, etc

Any good de duplication software?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 11:15 AM
    Buy Backup Pro from BlackBerry World. It will allow you to back up Remember, SMS,etc to an SD card or the cloud (Box, Dropbox etc). Then wipe, set up the Passport from scratch and only restore from Backup Pro. You will have to redo your email settings.

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps and keepit dry like this.
    11-30-14 11:43 AM
    Thanks will try that. But how will that solve the heating and battery drain?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 11:54 AM
    For some reason the issue is within your previous backup. If you follow the steps the others have offered your over heating problems will go away. I had the same issue coming from Z30 did a wipe and started new. Use backup pro to get all of your contacts and stuff. Do not use Link yet. Once you have restored your device. You can then back up your entire device using Link. Your passport will have no issues. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps likes this.
    11-30-14 12:02 PM
    Thanks will try that. But how will that solve the heating and battery drain?

Posted via CB10
    If your previous backup is using flawed settings or constantly trying to sync with a server then it will cause excessive battery drain.

Do you have a screenshot of device manager to see what is using your battery? If a high percent is from PIM usage, that is usually from sync issues with email addresses. I had one of my email passwords input incorrectly and it caused crazy battery usage for two days until I realized it. Deleted the account and readded and its been fine since then...I get ~35 hours average with 3 email accounts, a busy twitter, a Pebble constantly synced through bluetooth, and tons of web browsing over LTE. Charge it every other night.
    11-30-14 12:30 PM
    Are you sure you got a Passport?
    Send it back, that is obviously a bad hardware or combo with software.
    Definitely needs to be returned and have them send you another, so that your Passport experience may be exceptional!

The recommend reset from a 'new' device after doing a wipe. Import only contacts and not settings.
    email set up from scratch. It should all work, or as Elvis Presley sang, "Return to Sender."

Have had the passport for two weeks now:
    1. It heats up a LOT and with it, battery discharges fast..I lose 30-50% WITHOUT using the phone much.

2. It does NOT pickup from a backup on Link OR through Device Switch.

3. Voice assistant awful

4. Typing is ok not great. i think classic would be better because of the touchpad.

5. Numbers which are in the address book continue to showup without a name when calls come in.

6. LOTS of Duplicates in contacts...does anyone know a good de duplicator?
    11-30-14 02:49 PM