https://m.ebay.ca/itm/BlackBerry-Pas...299?nav=SEARCH

Unreal. Right now it's got 52 bids and is almost over 1025 USD.

Who the hell could be buying this? Some hardcore collector I guess? Granted, it's a beautiful device, but for that much?

Attention Red Passport owners: the time to sell is now!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zer0ten; 03-17-18 at 02:10 AM.
    03-17-18 01:40 AM
    That makes no sense when there are new Reds for $500 or cheaper.

There are two bids that jumped from ~$400 to ~$1000 in one go. Very strange.

I'm never selling my Red!
    03-17-18 02:06 AM

Where do you see a red passport for 500 or cheaper?

In fact, in a lapse of judgement, a couple months ago I bought a Red Passport on ebay for around 250 USD. Then the seller told me that it's a refurb with only a Red back and red battery cover. It was a modified unit.

I said no way and got my money back.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zer0ten; 03-17-18 at 02:30 AM.
    03-17-18 02:11 AM
    Makes me wonder if the bids are even legit. I paid a few hundred for my red last year. It's a beautiful amazing phone but it's several years old.
    03-17-18 02:23 AM

In fact, in a lapse of judgement, a couple months ago I bought a Red Passport on ebay for around 250 USD. Then the seller told me that it's a refurb with only a Red back and red battery cover. It was a modified unit.

Posted via CB10
    New with box and unsealed, for $250:

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=BRozVCEd

Brand new and sealed, for $500

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=3031tKxq

I bought mine for $450.
    03-17-18 02:34 AM
    New with box and unsealed, for $250:

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=RoaWJ_tY

Brand new and sealed, for $500

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=LoUPJhMD

I bought mine for $450.
    Thanks for the links. Fascinating stuff.

And as pointed out, the bidding history on the auction I posted is very suspect with the huge bid jump. Perhaps an attempt to manipulate the market.

It's funny because you look at red Passport listings that come up right after the auction I posted, a Hong Kong seller has listed one for a similar $1000 dollar price. Chinese market manipulation? Pretty clever and not surprising.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-18 02:42 AM
    Thanks for the links. Fascinating stuff.

And as pointed out, the bidding history on the auction I posted is very suspect with the huge bid jump. Perhaps an attempt to manipulate the market.

It's funny because you look at red Passport listings that come up right after the auction I posted, a Hong Kong seller has listed one for a similar $1000 dollar price. Chinese market manipulation? Pretty clever and not surprising.

Posted via CB10
    All you need is two or three eBay accounts to do something sketchy like this.

It also makes no sense to spend that much money on something that might not work at all after 2019. I remember spending a couple hundred bucks on a couple of Nokia N900s a few years ago, and shaking my head when I couldn't get it to work on 3G in my area. The phone was essentially useless after the 2G sunset.
    03-17-18 03:11 AM
    Brand new sealed is $499.00 on eBay and that one is opened lol.
    03-17-18 11:09 AM
    All you need is two or three eBay accounts to do something sketchy like this.

It also makes no sense to spend that much money on something that might not work at all after 2019. I remember spending a couple hundred bucks on a couple of Nokia N900s a few years ago, and shaking my head when I couldn't get it to work on 3G in my area. The phone was essentially useless after the 2G sunset.
    Really? Most of the Nokia I've seen are penta band GSM. According to a few sources I checked that's only quad band but it should still work. If you still have it I'm interested as a curiosity.
    03-17-18 11:30 AM
    Really? Most of the Nokia I've seen are penta band GSM. According to a few sources I checked that's only quad band but it should still work. If you still have it I'm interested as a curiosity.
    Still have the N900. After looking up the bands and protocols supported by AT&T, my carrier, I found that two GSM bands are supported, with EDGE and GPRS protocols, and zero UMTS protocols are supported. Therefore, the best I could ever do was 2.5G, and I wasn't switching carriers. Did not stick around long enough with the N900 to find out what happened at the 2G sunset - got on the BB10 and Passport SE program mid 2016.

It was a really nice phone hardware wise. Liked it as much as I once did my Bold 9000 and the Passport now.
    03-18-18 03:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can get a red one for as low as 100 USD!(in my home country) and I considering to get one even cheaper!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-18 04:34 AM
    https://m.ebay.ca/itm/BlackBerry-Pas...299?nav=SEARCH

Unreal. Right now it's got 52 bids and is almost over 1025 USD.

Who the hell could be buying this? Some hardcore collector I guess? Granted, it's a beautiful device, but for that much?

Attention Red Passport owners: the time to sell is now!

Posted via CB10
    I didn't even pay close to that for mine
    03-18-18 11:26 AM
    And here I tried to sell my red pp for 120$ in the forums and got nowhere.
    03-18-18 11:29 AM
    And here I tried to sell my red pp for 120$ in the forums and got nowhere.
    Is that mint condition? If yes, I am interested.
    03-18-18 11:52 AM
    Is that mint condition? If yes, I am interested.
    I decided to keep it after a while.
    krazyatom likes this.
    03-18-18 11:54 AM

Where can I get new Red Passport

Sent from my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    03-18-18 03:43 PM
    Where can I get new Red Passport

Sent from my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    Just search on ebay.
    03-18-18 04:32 PM