10-07-14 04:35 AM
36 12
tools
    I just had a conversation where one of those apple guys (I would guess 60+) tried to convince me that his iPhone is soooooo much better even in terms of battery life ^^
    And security - everyone has security he said....

OK being honest sometimes those guys just want to tell you how good their iPhone or Samsung is but yea just thought what you might answer ^^

And with the media - I saw that German media is more or less saying amazing phone you need to give it a try and as soon as you did you will love it

US media only complained about this and that apps and the system and the size and nearly everything

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 12:45 AM
    I don't think I have seen any company as hated as BlackBerry. Infact from the way things were going, it's beginning to look like there is a higher body who doesn't want BlackBerry to succeed.
    Rooting for the underdog is a normal phenomenon in life. You want to see people or things or animals get up/well when they fall. But BlackBerry? People want it Dead!

From Zarafet my Z30.
    09-29-14 02:34 AM
    ^^^^ this. I feel the same way.

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 | 10.2.1.3247 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    09-29-14 04:07 AM
    Why BB vs, say, iPhone?
    I sum it up this way: iPhone is playing, BB is for working.
    And for added measure I call my iPhone friends lemmings.
    While they sit around the table at the coffee house comparing game apps, I do some emails, maybe take a call or two, refine my schedule for the day and then go get stuff done. Everything I'm seeing about the Passport looks like it will only add to my productivity...though I am considering a wait and see for the Classic.
    Your argument is getting pretty old. All the things you do when you meet your friends for coffee is just as easy on an iPhone/Android phone. (While they are socializing you take calls .... ) You can read and write emails, take calls and plan your schedule for the day just as easy. I would argue that the tight integration between iOS and Apple computers is the best that is out there but that's just my opinion.

I can tell you this though. I can't show my 4000 photos stored on Google drive to my clients on my Blackberry (Yes, there are work arounds ). I travel frequently and I don't have the banking apps for other countries that I need yet they are all available for Android or iPhone (Yes, I side loaded them). It would be a lot easier for me to conduct business using any of those other platforms yet I stick to my little Berry because I like it.

Many "Lemmings" use iPhones or Androids to run businesses successfully. Arguably a lot more than Blackberry. People who want to play games will play games, it just happens that more games are available for iOS and Android.

I sum it up this way: Don't label people because they use a different platform you don't agree with.

We can agree on one thing though. That's the Classic
    09-29-14 04:15 AM
    I returned the iPhone 6 because I thought the passport was a better device for the money and I believe in BlackBerry and OS 10.3. I bought the passport and hard case for 683.00 including tax and the iPhone 6 and shell case was 868.00 with tax. I got a better device and saved 200.00, so I am a happy camper.

Sent from my awesome passport on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    You, sir, are brilliant!

I actually think the Passport is a good value at $599 for what's included. The specs are fantastic, so this think will be relevant for the next 2 years at least!

I hope at least a couple of those in the Apple store walked out and researched other devices. Seems like most people simply assume that the iPhone is the holy grail. It's a nice device, but there are others that are just as good and better!
    ablefunzo likes this.
    09-29-14 01:15 PM
    They cannot fool us forever. The truth will be told. Lies cannot win. let them say whatever. I'm sure they are fretting about their I sheep bending. Let them do it on TV.
    RSS Van likes this.
    09-29-14 05:04 PM
    Good reviews are popping up. The tide is turning.
    Here is one: BlackBerry Passport, my two cents?. | AbsoluteGeeks.com
    09-29-14 06:06 PM
    The tide is turning indeed. So far...

Biased media in the US vs others-1412036006410.jpg

09-29-14 07:40 PM
    The tide is turning indeed. So far...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1412036006410.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	301654

Ouch! Nice to see the iPhone get low marks though.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    09-29-14 08:51 PM
    Why BB vs, say, iPhone?
    I sum it up this way: iPhone is playing, BB is for working.
    And for added measure I call my iPhone friends lemmings.
    While they sit around the table at the coffee house comparing game apps, I do some emails, maybe take a call or two, refine my schedule for the day and then go get stuff done. Everything I'm seeing about the Passport looks like it will only add to my productivity...though I am considering a wait and see for the Classic.
    I think both iPhone and blackberry are equally "for" working and playing. I don't know of anyone at my current employer that uses a blackberry and the favoritism seems to tilt in favor of iPhone over android but plenty of work gets done on both. I'm sure blackberry could fit in the working environment as well too, it just doesn't have the draw or IT support that it once did.
    10-06-14 11:13 PM
    Show them BlackBerry blend and have a look what they say.
    Blend turns your passport into your own cloud service

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:35 AM
36 12