I have been reading several articles about the passport and probably the worse came from the verge (remember they were the website that had the 47% saying they are thinking the passport will be the most interesting launch this month) .

When comparing it with for example the German media it's totally different. In Germany I have to tell you the media has been a long supporter of apple and android and been as bad as bgr when it came to bashing BlackBerry.
    But this time it's different ; still some don't get it right for whom this phone is designed but the general media says "it's an interesting phone for special users "

In contrast the verge only complained about nearly everything. To big to heavy why android apps etc.

The only media who had a good comparison was the Wallstreet journal who put up a picture comparing specs of the iPhone6 and the passport.

But what's the main selling point?

What will you tell people when they ask you

"What's that? A BlackBerry? Why did you buy a BlackBerry? Aren't the dead yet and no no I stick with my iPhone "

How are you going to convince them that this phone is not as bad as the media says?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:59 PM
    I don't try and convince anyone about my phone. What phone I carry is of no concern to anyone else. My self-esteem is not caught up in whether they want to be ignorant about BlackBerry or not.

Show them what it does or just say to each his own. You are the one using it. You know what it does. If you are happy who is to say you are wrong?
    09-27-14 02:25 PM
    It's not like the Passport is on the evening news every night being bashed... I'd be surprised if anyone knew about the Passport outside of phone enthusiasts.

BlackBerry being dragged through the mud is nothing new. But people who know me know I won't switch to an iPhone and don't try to convince me anymore. They're more like, "Of course you have the biggest BlackBerry!"

I don't need to convince people about BlackBerry. I don't really know why people on here are so worried about what their friends think... it's pretty sad if you ask me.

Posted via CB10
    lang007 likes this.
    09-27-14 02:30 PM
    My argument to ppl who ask why I still have a BlackBerry (Z10 until I can afford a Passport)is this. They usually ask me "isn't the BlackBerry made for business people?" My response is " isn't your personal life 'your business?'" They usually give me a bewildered look and say that's not what I meant, but then they reconsider and see what I mean.
    To each his own, my BlackBerry does everything I need it to do and them some, I don't need a bunch of crazy apps......I don't instagram or snapchat. I have blaq, Twitter, and Facebook (yeah I know blaq and twitter are redundant but one is personal and the other for my church duties)
    Don't get me wrong I have used or helped ppl with their droids or iPhone, even windows but still they are all over the place with how they so things.

So for me it is BlackBerry all day!

Posted via CB10 on the BB Z10
    09-27-14 03:16 PM
    Sorry, but I am from the US and I was in the Apple Store and was returning my iPhone 6 for a refund, while I was waiting I decided to check my email and soon I had a crowd around me asking what is that!!!

I quickly said it's the new BlackBerry passport and started showing everyone the device and it's neat features, I could hear their jaws hit the floor.

I proceeded to tell them where they could buy one and how much the device cost. After all that, I then proceeded to tell them that the device is sold out and it would be a month before they could get one, I then smiled and left.

Sent from my awesome passport on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    09-27-14 03:46 PM
    Sorry, but I am from the US and I was in the Apple Store and was returning my iPhone 6 for a refund, while I was waiting I decided to check my email and soon I had a crowd around me asking what is that!!!

I quickly said it's the new BlackBerry passport and started showing everyone the device and it's neat features, I could hear their jaws hit the floor.

I proceeded to tell them where they could buy one and how much the device cost. After all that, I then proceeded to tell them that the device is sold out and it would be a month before they could get one, I then smiled and left.

Not to get off topic. Why did you return your iPhone 6, also was it a Plus or just a regular 6?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 03:50 PM
    soon I had a crowd around me asking what is that!!!

I then smiled and left.

These are the stories I'm gonna love to read, congrats by the way on the most awesome device out there

Posted via CB10 on the BB Z10
    09-27-14 03:51 PM
    I guess US media will come on board only after a couple of good earnings reports. That's the only good pubblicity BB needs (and most people will understand).

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:05 PM
    I personally think its about money... I don't necessarily mean bribing, more about the fact that Apple & Samsung probably spend a small fortune advertising through many major media outlets. These media outlets are hardly likely to criticize in a meaningful way if the advertising revenue was at risk of going away. I believe its an issue of self preservation, over anything else.
    homl, Nayalm and Al moon like this.
    09-27-14 04:11 PM
    I personally think its about money... I don't necessarily mean bribing, more about the fact that Apple & Samsung probably spend a small fortune advertising through many major media outlets. These media outlets are hardly likely to criticize in a meaningful way if the advertising revenue was at risk of going away. I believe its an issue of self preservation, over anything else.
    So basically you are saying these "major media outlets" are advertising boutiques majority owned by Apple and we should let Darwin sort this out?
    Is that right?

Posted via CB10 from Z30
    09-27-14 04:27 PM
    I can see this as well its all money for all the media outlets there's just no way that they are going to bash a company that brings in loads of money to them. Now as far as phones go there's just no way that the OS's of apple and android are better than bb10 you can do everything faster with less hassle on blackberry but I'm sure if apple some how came up with a trackpad on the home button it would be "innovative "and "mind blowing". But of course since blackberry did it its odd and weird all of a sudden.

Posted via CB10
    TeamBbryUSA likes this.
    09-27-14 04:32 PM
    So basically you are saying these "major media outlets" are advertising boutiques majority owned by Apple and we should let Darwin sort this out?
    Is that right?

Posted via CB10 from Z30
    You need to re-read what I wrote, as what you are saying is not what I said.
    09-27-14 04:36 PM

Well played, sir.
    09-27-14 05:01 PM
    You need to re-read what I wrote, as what you are saying is not what I said.
    I apologize.
    I was trying to get the big picture.

Posted via CB10 from Z30
    09-27-14 05:02 PM
    Not to get off topic. Why did you return your iPhone 6, also was it a Plus or just a regular 6?

Posted via CB10
    I returned the iPhone 6 because I thought the passport was a better device for the money and I believe in BlackBerry and OS 10.3. I bought the passport and hard case for 683.00 including tax and the iPhone 6 and shell case was 868.00 with tax. I got a better device and saved 200.00, so I am a happy camper.

-Puck-, lang007, miker476 and 1 others like this.
    09-27-14 05:27 PM
    I returned the iPhone 6 because I thought the passport was a better device for the money and I believe in BlackBerry and OS 10.3. I bought the passport and hard case for 683.00 including tax and the iPhone 6 and shell case was 868.00 with tax. I got a better device and saved 200.00, so I am a happy camper.

Nice. I ordered the passport from shop blackberry but then canceled it and reordered it via Amazon since I am a Prime member and prefer their customer service.

With that said I have a Z30 and love it and was thinking about getting an iPhone 6 as I have a MBPR as well as an iPad Air and iPod.

I am contemplating consolidating my iPod and phone as there are certain apps that I use that aren't available via Android.

However BlackBerry kicks the living crap out of Apple when it comes to email organization, search feature as well as calendar layout and use.

Posted via CB10
    lang007 likes this.
    09-27-14 07:33 PM

You sneaky *******. lol. what did the geniuses say?
    lang007 likes this.
    09-27-14 07:41 PM
    Nice. I ordered the passport from shop blackberry but then canceled it and reordered it via Amazon since I am a Prime member and prefer their customer service.

With that said I have a Z30 and love it and was thinking about getting an iPhone 6 as I have a MBPR as well as an iPad Air and iPod.

I am contemplating consolidating my iPod and phone as there are certain apps that I use that aren't available via Android.

However BlackBerry kicks the living crap out of Apple when it comes to email organization, search feature as well as calendar layout and use.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that email and messaging on the iPhone is terrible and that is where BlackBerry really shines.

09-27-14 07:42 PM
    It's not like the Passport is on the evening news every night being bashed... I'd be surprised if anyone knew about the Passport outside of phone enthusiasts.

BlackBerry being dragged through the mud is nothing new. But people who know me know I won't switch to an iPhone and don't try to convince me anymore. They're more like, "Of course you have the biggest BlackBerry!"

I don't need to convince people about BlackBerry. I don't really know why people on here are so worried about what their friends think... it's pretty sad if you ask me.

Posted via CB10
    I thought the same but my sister in law and many others asked me about the phone before I even showed it to them! There has been some media coverage and marketing which is a good sign!

Posted on my snappy new passport!!
    09-27-14 07:53 PM
    Amen to that

I don't try and convince anyone about my phone. What phone I carry is of no concern to anyone else. My self-esteem is not caught up in whether they want to be ignorant about BlackBerry or not.

Show them what it does or just say to each his own. You are the one using it. You know what it does. If you are happy who is to say you are wrong?
    09-27-14 10:19 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Nice story Bakron1....

I have the iPhone 5 as well as z30, q10.... but the Passport is awesome and it's the daily driver now....

No regrets..... Passport rocks!!!

Posted via CB10
    lang007 likes this.
    09-27-14 10:27 PM
    Because media in general are people too. And some of them are biased, some of them are not. Some are emotionally and deeply attached to their own brand that they reflect it by being biased and putting others down. They forget that being a journalist is a huge responsibility and they must be professional at all costs. They forget to be impartial. Hence, those people become unprofessional in guise of being professional because they are the "media". Childish to an extent IMO.

My apologies for a long post

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 | 10.2.1.3247 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    09-27-14 10:35 PM

Said Jaydee. I agree

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 10:42 PM
    Why BB vs, say, iPhone?
    I sum it up this way: iPhone is playing, BB is for working.
    And for added measure I call my iPhone friends lemmings.
    While they sit around the table at the coffee house comparing game apps, I do some emails, maybe take a call or two, refine my schedule for the day and then go get stuff done. Everything I'm seeing about the Passport looks like it will only add to my productivity...though I am considering a wait and see for the Classic.
    bbschorsch likes this.
    09-28-14 10:54 PM
    I'm a hardcore gamer, so I've self taught not to listen to any media/reviews from ANYONE, I try things for myself and if i like it to hell with anyone elses opinion, that same applies to phones and such, everyone in my family has iphones and teases me for using android phone/tablet and an ipod for working out/music, and yes of course the latest is me wanting the blackberry, so I get heat from that, but i digress, people need to stop worrying about what uncle sams saying and do their own research on the products they deem interesting/possible buy.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    09-28-14 11:00 PM
36 12