That is because of the original deal Apple struck with AT&T to get the iPhone. Apple gets to push out an update without any carrier approval. And the only way any other carrier gets to sell the iPhone is if they agree to the same deal. Android and BlackBerry are at the mercy of the carrier to do their "testing" of the OS BEFORE it can be pushed out to the phones.
    Apple does have the infrastructure, i.e. stores, and number of users so that if there a problems, people have somewhere to go: stores or to their friends. Android and BlackBerry rely upon the carrier's infrastructure to help users, so it's only fair that they try to eliminate problems before mass distribution.
    01-28-15 12:02 PM
    If you claim that you have the new official OS. Post a screenshot, please.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 02:24 PM
    Tremor, whom r u asking?

Helalzone
    01-28-15 02:41 PM
    one thing i learned from this, tomorrow never comes loll

Posted via CB10
    Chantelle Napholc likes this.
    01-28-15 02:41 PM
    I'd say pretty good. I have Q10 for work and they notified us about all the things you can do with the new version including a warning about the Amazon store and being careful of the apps as they are not vetted by Blackberry

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 03:41 PM
    Apple does have the infrastructure, i.e. stores, and number of users so that if there a problems, people have somewhere to go: stores or to their friends. Android and BlackBerry rely upon the carrier's infrastructure to help users, so it's only fair that they try to eliminate problems before mass distribution.
    Not when the iPhone first came out. It was basically an iPod but with a phone antenna crammed into it. There were no apple stores. No genius bars. Yes they do have them now but not when the first iPhone came out. And when the first iPhone came out apple made a deal with AT&T to allow apple to push any OS updates whenever they wanted directly to the End User. And then after that any other carrier that wanted to sell the iPhone needed to submit to apples demands of when they could push out OS updates. Because of the deal with AT&T.
    01-28-15 03:55 PM
    2072 is buggy on Passport, I think they shouldn't release it.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    It's a leak tho, we do not know anything about something official.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 04:26 PM
    Not when the iPhone first came out. It was basically an iPod but with a phone antenna crammed into it. There were no apple stores. No genius bars. Yes they do have them now but not when the first iPhone came out. And when the first iPhone came out apple made a deal with AT&T to allow apple to push any OS updates whenever they wanted directly to the End User. And then after that any other carrier that wanted to sell the iPhone needed to submit to apples demands of when they could push out OS updates. Because of the deal with AT&T.
    I doubt anybody did any submitting. The more likely scenario is that they're were commitments made in terms of monies on both sides of the agreement. Meaning it was beneficial for both sides, Apple and AT&T, to allow that type of software distribution. ie. Money was significantly involved, not muscle.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 06:08 PM
    OMG. Shakes head. Prepares for doomsday.

Posted via CB10
    ROFL

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    01-28-15 08:06 PM
    Vikings fan here. Been to the big bowl 4 times never won and have not been to the big bowl in my lifetime. I know disappointment. Also a hockey fan. My North Stars moved to Fricken Dallas and then won the cup! WTF is THAT all about? So yeah 10.3.1 comes out when it comes out.
    Let me personally thank you for sending your North Stars here. You are welcome to visit any time and I'll buy you a coffee or a drink as a token of my appreciation. LOL

Don't forget...you trade Percy Harvin and HE wins a Super Bowl. What's THAT about?

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    01-28-15 08:12 PM
    You have a strange definition of 'late'. How can something officially announced to be arriving in 'February' be late on January 27th?
    Strange how the apologists constantly make excuses for delay after delay after delay after delay... calling the last delay as if it were the original prediction.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    01-28-15 08:57 PM
    Which other dates did BB officially predict to release it?
    You can always use a leaked version if you want it now.
    01-28-15 10:28 PM
    Kindness is difficult to give away, because it keeps coming back.
    01-28-15 11:40 PM
    Psst, someone told one of my friends that his cousin's wife heard from a co-worker that BlackBerry was going to roll out the update today...
    01-29-15 06:46 AM
    Psst, someone told one of my friends that his cousin's wife heard from a co-worker that BlackBerry was going to roll out the update today...
    Ha ha ha... so funny. Because noones EVER made that joke on here.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    01-29-15 07:04 AM
    February 17th is the day

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:51 AM
    Will the BlackBerry z3 receive the update???

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:38 AM
    Coach, how can u be so sure, or u r just predicting?

Helalzone
    01-29-15 09:10 AM
    Tremor, whom r u asking?

Helalzone
    I was asking toothacheivan.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 09:10 AM
    There were Apple stores around before the iPhone launched. Once Apple launched the iPod and started becoming popular again, there were many Apple stores that popped up in the higher end malls and shopping areas.
    01-29-15 09:28 AM
    Have no fear, BlackBerry valentine's day stickers are here!

That should cool you guys off lol.

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek and devin266 like this.
    01-29-15 09:37 AM
    Just an educated guess...Feb 17th is a Tuesday and lots of updates are on a Tuesday for some reason. This also happens to be the middle of the month and one day following a holiday in Ontario. I bet Blaze knows what the real date is... oh and since this is a bet thread anyone wanna bet...maybe Blaze???
    Last edited by Coach101; 01-29-15 at 09:51 AM. Reason: a bet 4 blaze :)
    01-29-15 09:41 AM
    Blaze is not responding this os update call,

Helalzone
    01-29-15 09:44 AM
    Just an educated guess...Feb 17th is a Tuesday and lots of updates are on a Tuesday for some reason. This also happens to be the middle of the month and one day following a holiday in Ontario. I bet Blaze knows what the real date is...
    I don't think there can be an exact date. The OS will be pushed when it's ready. Simple as that. BlackBerry's best guess, based on actual development progress, was February.

My feeling is that they thought 2072 was the one, but a few install bugs forced them to make a few changes.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    01-29-15 09:46 AM
    -_- I thought it was 10.3.1... its only 10.2.2... sorry

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 11:53 AM
239 ... 78910