My new passport should arrive thursday (yay!) and I'm trying to get my ducks in a row so that I can transition to it in as smooth a way as possible. To that end, I'm seeking a bit of advice from crackberry experts

1) I have a mac running OS X (10.9.5) and my current phone is an iPhone 4s. My understanding is that I can set the phone up using the blackberry link software to set it up from my computer or using the "device switch" migration app provided by blackberry to basically copy everything off my current phone. Is there a better or preferred method?

2) Is it better to set the phone up (adding contacts, email accounts, etc) before taking it to AT&T (my provider) for activation? or would it be better to take it straight away for activation and then set it up later? I'm guessing it probably doesn't matter, but if people have better experiences one way or the other that would be good to know.

3) I understand that early adopters were having trouble getting LTE working on their passports (on AT&T) and that they could work around this with a dummy IMIE number. Is this still necessary? Or has AT&T got it sorted out on their end now?

4) I'm guessing that this is a longshot, but is there a way to copy my text message histories (logs) off of my iPhone onto the passport? will the migration app do that? or some other app?

Thank you
    10-14-14 09:11 AM
    And you can add updating to the latest OS to your "to do" list !!!

OS10.3.0.1418 SR 10.3.0.908 for ALL devices - Page 33 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

It is an Official Passport OS but to date only seems to be being pushed to Rogers Phones.
    10-14-14 09:15 AM
    Thanks! That's a good point. I read through the thread but it's a little confusing. From what I gathered there are two methods for the update, using sachesi (complicated) and using an autoloader (not as complicated). To use the auto loader, do I just need to plug my phone into a windows machine via USB and run the program?
    10-14-14 04:08 PM
    Welcome. I like to start fresh. If anything gets synced to a cloud contact list, have that setup first on your iPhone. Then attach that account to your PP.

I would go:
    - Setup with AT&T
    - Charge up
    *** While charging, get your contacts into the cloud
    - Charge Complete
    - Update OS (I have Rogers so I got mine afterwards)
    - Start up and start adding in your accounts for the hub (Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
    - Social media accounts (Facebook, etc.)
    - Cloud accounts (Dropbox, Evernote, etc.)
    - Add in apps from Blackberry World. Amazon. Others. It is always better to get the Native version of the app before Android.

Battery life will not be the best for the first few days as your phone and you get adjusted.
    Have fun!
    10-14-14 06:23 PM
    Can anything be done with the phone before putting the sim in?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 06:51 PM
    Yup. You can skip the sim part and setup the phone to work with WiFi only if you wish.
    10-14-14 07:11 PM