Is there a way in blend to select all when moving pictures from my passport to my computer? One by one will take hours. So far the quickest way I have found is create a zip file for say my camera file then transfer than to my sd card then drag and drop it to my desktop. But with 2gb worth of pics this process took about 15/20 mins. Anyone have any better ideas?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 03:09 PM
    This is easy to do with BlackBerry Link.
    06-04-15 05:42 PM
    You have plenty of options here. First being Blend since you mentioned it. You can definitely select more than one picture and drag it into a folder on your desktop. I've done this both ways for pictures and music.

You could also use BlackBerry Link or the easiest (I'd think since there's no BlackBerry software) is to plug into PC and use the mass storage option.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 06:19 PM
    How did you select all? I found a way to select multiples but it's still clicking each picture one by one.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 07:14 PM
    As mentioned above, if you just want to do a one time copy of pictures from your Passport to your pc or mac, just connect your phone to the computer with the USB cable that came with it. On my PC my phone's flash data and my phone's SD Card show mount as two separate drives under Computer, just below my C Drive and DVD as BLACKBERRY- ... [SD] (Y) and BLACKBERRY- ... [Flash] (Z).

On a Mac they should show up on the Desktop as new drives.Open the Camera Folder on the phone and you should see all you pictures. You can Copy or drag the entire Camera Folder from your Phone to your computer's Pictures folder.
    06-04-15 07:31 PM
    I sync all my Photos to Box. I've installed Box on my PC and they sync whenever I'm on WiFi. I can then transfer the pictures from the Box folder on my PC to wherever I like.
    On a related note, I really like what Google are doing with their new Photos app. Doesn't work on BB10 but the workaround is to download the Google Uploader on your PC/Mac, point it to automatically upload the photos in the above Box folder and they'll end up in GooglePhotos. You then get the benefit of all the Stories etc which I enjoy playing around with online.
    06-05-15 08:59 AM
    How did you select all? I found a way to select multiples but it's still clicking each picture one by one.

Posted via CB10
    With BlackBerry Blend (which I found to be the fastest when transferring music), I was obviously able to select whatever from the PC to Blend. From memory when using Blend I was able to select multiples as you wrote. I thought I was able to go to the bottom of the folder and click and drag up to select them all. Sorry, don't know how to say this technically lol. Not sure if I missed it or if anything changed, but I never found an option to "select all" in Blend.

If you are having issues getting all of your pictures from the phone to PC with Blend, just use one of the other options I wrote about. With mass storage you don't even need to install any BlackBerry software.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 09:20 AM
    Don't bother using Blend
    Step 1: Connect phone to computer using USB cable
    Step 2: If you have a password on your device, type your password when the prompt appears in Windows
    Step 3: Launch Windows Explorer and find your smartphone as it will appear as a drive on the left hand side
    Step 4: Copy files as you wish
    06-05-15 02:57 PM
    I don't even know how to google this...
    "How to select multiple files"????
    06-05-15 03:11 PM
    With google your pictures are compressed even more: the original pictures are not uploaded, only higher compressed versions.
    What is compression you ask? Well it's some kind of indication of quality I guess.
    And no, by that I don't mean the pictures get higher quality, the contrary actually
    06-05-15 03:15 PM
    I don't even know how to google this...
    "How to select multiple files"????
    Ctrl+A to select all files in a folder or hold down the Ctrl key while you use the mouse to select the specific files you want.
    06-05-15 03:16 PM
    To select all in Blend, select the first file in the list, hold shift on the keyboard and click on the last file. Everything in between gets selected.

Posted via CB10
    roboticarm likes this.
    06-05-15 03:20 PM
    If you want to use blend I would recommend right clicking on the folder, selecting copy then in the left menu select the device of choice to paste the folder onto. Right click in the location you want it and paste.

When navigating the folders ctrl+click or shift+click allow you to select multiples to copy or save as but there is no "select all" option or shortcut that I know of.

As others have mentioned USB is another option. So is WiFi sharing if the devices are on the same network. You could also do a process similar to the one through blend but do it on the device itself in the file manager (provided the target device is on and online with link)

Posted via CB10
    roboticarm likes this.
    06-05-15 03:25 PM
    Box, Dropbox, or OneDrive with auto sync.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    06-05-15 07:35 PM
    mass storage usb, blackberry link, etc many good ways

and yes drop box, one drive etc are great if you like using the cloud
    06-06-15 02:49 AM
    I started to use a Box account for pictures only. Sync's nicely to my Mac.
    Sure, if you don't trust Box then this option doesn't work for you.

FWIW

 Posted via CB10 from my Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    06-06-15 02:57 AM