The app in google play called IMO (whatever that stands for?) seems to be the best for the blackberry passport, works in sync to with using another android app one can still see the person in a little box and it heats phone up but not nearly as much as ALL the others I tried like Skype to where it worries me! Imo does not worry me heating is not as bad at all! I tried them all nearly and ended with this as it actually also goes idle! I initially wanted oovoo but that thing was using the battery more then my passports screen when NOT in use unless it takes longer to go idle so deleted it before even trying it any further! Thus far seems iMO is the best option for voice calls on the passport "imo" as free and also no ads even! Wish quality was a little better as in the picture as voice is perfect but it's not so bad beings all the other benefits imo comes with, anybody else use iMO or recommend another voice call service to try on the passport? LMK!

PS: can't wait until BBM android users can do video calls then issue fully solved! Look forward to opinions and especially somebody else out there that uses IMO like myself!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CatchTwentyTwo; 03-22-16 at 06:54 AM.
    03-20-16 04:14 PM
    The app in google play called IMO (whatever that stands for?) seems to be the best for the blackberry passport, works in sync to with using another road app can still see the person in a little box and it heats phone up but not nearly as much as ALL the others I tried like Skype to where it worries me! Imo does not worry me heating is not as bad at all! I tried them all nearly and ended with this as it actually also goes idle! I initially wanted oovoo but that thing was using the battery more then my passports screen when NOT in use unless it takes longer to go idle so deleted it before even trying it any further! Thus far seems iMO is the best option for voice calls on the passport "imo" as free and also no ads even! Wish quality was a little better as in the picture as voice is perfect but it's not so bad beings all the other benefits imo comes with, anybody else use iMO or recommend another voice call service to try on the passport? LMK!

PS: can't wait until BBM android users can do video calls then issue fully solved! Look forward to opinions and especially somebody else out there that uses IMO like myself!

Posted via CB10
    Zoom Cloud Meetings. Cross platform. It's basically BBM Meetings (or what BBM Meetings was). If you're hoping for integration of cross platform video/voice on BBM Android - it would probably be very similar to it.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    03-20-16 06:32 PM
    Zoom Cloud Meetings. Cross platform. It's basically BBM Meetings (or what BBM Meetings was). If you're hoping for integration of cross platform video/voice on BBM Android - it would probably be very similar to it.
    This looks great can I use it easily just for me and family as well as a buddy all on android to separately video chat them once in awhile do not need all those other features, how does it work if at all for my situation, free like imo is? It looks really nice especially cause it's native that word is dying on blackberry I hope it works the way I want! We shall see! I must wait to get one of the few people I will video chat with to download it from google play tomorrow. Thanks for the tip either way as only option I see thus far looks promising but not sure built for what little I am after?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 10:25 PM
    This looks great can I use it easily just for me and family as well as a buddy all on android to separately video chat them once in awhile do not need all those other features, how does it work if at all for my situation, free like imo is? It looks really nice especially cause it's native that word is dying on blackberry I hope it works the way I want! We shall see! I must wait to get one of the few people I will video chat with to download it from google play tomorrow. Thanks for the tip either way as only option I see thus far looks promising but not sure built for what little I am after?

Posted via CB10
    BTW what I have now with iMO is a simple free video call via wifi or lte, etc to talk to one person at a time and see them? BBM offers this but only for me as no video calls for the android side of the users on BBM. Hope to hear back soon, Catch22

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 10:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    While Zoom is intended as a business videoconferencing solution, they have a very generous free plan that should be more than enough for any individual user/family... unless you're holding video sessions with more than 50 participants or for longer than 40 minute sessions at a time.
    03-20-16 10:49 PM
    While Zoom is intended as a business videoconferencing solution, they have a very generous free plan that should be more than enough for any individual user/family... unless you're holding video sessions with more than 50 participants or for longer than 40 minute sessions at a time.
    Ok, set it up on my droid tab and passport as test it keeps saying driving sound MUTED over and over and over yet video working flawless no sound keeps saying driving mode tap to speak it's odd in that way, any suggestions or reasoning why they don't allow audio with the conference? I only would hold a video call between a family member once every other day or so for ten to twenty minutes maybe half hour tops! I can't get audio to work also one major thing it nay not have? How will I "call them" like regular voice app like my IMO? Ring then I have send them an email each time or a way around that?

PS: superb video quality!!!

PPS: does heat up for native app but guess they all do!!!!

Just need the audio working and an easy way to add them when they download their droid versions as well as how to call each other versus sending some strange emails to join random rooms are they called?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 11:35 PM
    Mods, out there?

Can a moderator on this forum change my title to best video calling not audio? I don't see an option to swap title via blackberry native crack berry app I can only edit my posts not the title of my thread here I authored....

Thanks in advance the title is wrong I just noticed I meant video chat applications!!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 11:39 PM
    Ok, set it up on my droid tab and passport as test it keeps saying driving sound MUTED over and over and over yet video working flawless no sound keeps saying driving mode tap to speak it's odd in that way, any suggestions or reasoning why they don't allow audio with the conference? I only would hold a video call between a family member once every other day or so for ten to twenty minutes maybe half hour tops! I can't get audio to work also one major thing it nay not have? How will I "call them" like regular voice app like my IMO? Ring then I have send them an email each time or a way around that?

PS: superb video quality!!!

PPS: does heat up for native app but guess they all do!!!!

Just need the audio working and an easy way to add them when they download their droid versions as well as how to call each other versus sending some strange emails to join random rooms are they called?

Posted via CB10
    Audio definitely works. The help center covers most of what you're asking better than I ever could - tutorials, setting up meetings, calling for meetings, can call for demos, getting that audio sorted out... it's all there.
    03-20-16 11:49 PM
    Audio definitely works. The help center covers most of what you're asking better than I ever could - tutorials, setting up meetings, calling for meetings, can call for demos, getting that audio sorted out... it's all there.
    Got it but hard to add a friend and saying my BlackBerry is desktop but my droid version reads on my BlackBerry second acct as mobile, still looks amazing but don't think it runs in the background either will try more before fully giving in to google play store IMO as it is decent!...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CatchTwentyTwo; 03-22-16 at 06:57 AM.
    03-21-16 06:31 PM
    Still trying really hard as want this as native to all platforms it really is a beauty although still sound issue and doesn't always rub in background as IMO does I will keep imo and this and come back to it when my family learns how to sign up for it, I can't even get then past that stage lol! All evening? IMO just had an update tonight, even better I dunno how this app gets overlooked even though droid man its simple and effective, gets the job done that's for sure with zero cost or ads wonder how they even make money. Thanks again for showing me zoom it really is also something else! Great quality! Think I'd use iMO when on data and when on wifi use the almighty zoom!...

PS: don't install oovoo anybody it will heat ya phone up so hot you cab fry an egg, stick to Zoom or iMO as well as voxer for voice messages!....

Ahh, I can't wait for BBM to integrate their video chat into people with android so I cab use it as I am the only one with a blackberry I know but this would SOLVE all the issues!!

Wonder why they hadn't done this yet!....
    Does BBM cone standard on priv?
    They must be going to do it soon!?!?....

PS: anybody ever try the slack client in BBW? I wanna learn slack so bad as seems so productive but very steep learning curve to get the most out of it. I think It is called slack 10 or S 10. Works with IMO somehow as well. I also seen that quick posts but don't see the big deal with it but seems people sure love that app! I deleted it as only use facebook. It did say it did other things but I didn't see what.

PPS: S10 aka slack client is headless in the hub too!!! So is the Tinder dater app, that one I kept for fun.
    Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 10:01 PM
    I hear ya. Zoom may be a little overkill for simple one on one. Understandable though considering its focus is feared toward multi-user conferencing. Still, you can call your contacts directly, just audio or as as a video call. I have your mindset though, whatever works and gets the job done most effectively for the situation.

I've never tried OoVoo and only briefly used Voxer. My preferred PTT is Zello although in truth I don't have much occasion to use it either. The apps/applications that don't forget the desktop environment tend to get my nod. Voxer also has PC integration though so I guess I'm no longer sure why I gave preference to Zello.

I'm not sure why BlackBerry is dragging their heels with cross platform video on BBM. I'd almost bet there's a thread related to it on here though.
    Last edited by semime; 03-21-16 at 11:25 PM.
    03-21-16 11:04 PM
    I hear ya. Zoom may be a little overkill for simple one on one. Understandable though considering its focus is feared toward multi-user conferencing. Still, you can call your contacts directly, just audio or as as a video call. I have your mindset though, whatever works and gets the job done most effectively for the situation.

I've never tried OoVoo and only briefly used Voxer. My preferred PTT is Zello although in truth I don't have much occasion to use it either. The apps/applications that don't forget the desktop environment tend to get my nod. Voxer also has PC integration though so I guess I'm no longer sure why I gave preference to Zello.

I'm not sure why BlackBerry is dragging their heels with cross platform video on BBM. I'd almost bet there's a thread related to it on here though.
    Voxer is definitely my most used app, once you get folks on there with you, it becomes so sensible as I rarely check my VM so this way it is like a VM I get to when I get to. I tried Zello and found voxer far superior. Yes, wish BBM would get this video calls going as BBM is great and could replace many apps. Especially since the priv is out now you would think it is a must!..
    I cab truly see BBM making a comeback or should I say come up as it is newbies that do not take the time to understand it to realize how great it really is however again when I saw I could not video my droid buddy I was dumbfounded them upset. Hopefully soon!...

I still want to try to get this zoom cloud running on me and my families ends with droids as native to blackberry means a heck of allot to me! They can't even sign up for it let alone me add them yet! LOL, still using IMO for now and it's the best of the Droid apps for this purpose in NY opinion.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 07:11 AM