Decided to switch back from my Seidio case to the blackberry hard shell and dropped my phone face down about 30 mins later...must have been a small rock that was tall enough to put the smallest little knick in the center of the display that shot a crack corner to corner the first time I touched the screen!!! Ruined my morning for sure! Anyways...I've replaced screens and keyboards on my Q before so I'm confident in tackling this one too but need to know a good source for parts.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 01:32 PM
    What city are you in? I just cracked my Z10 yesterday coincidentally. Had it replaced in less than 10 minutes by iFix Express at Rutherford in Jane, north of Toronto for $45. It is now good as new.
    01-15-15 01:37 PM
    I'm in Denver, CO. I don't mind doing it myself but finding a good source for parts has been a little difficult for a phone so new.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 01:52 PM
    Wow ... sorry to hear about your cracked screen, but seems like you have been down this path before. Butter fingers, perhaps?

I **knock on wood** have not been down this path before, but I have heard of folks getting much better deals on parts on eBay. I have no experience here and hopefully someone can recommend a vendor, or you can read their feedback and assess if it is worth taking the risk.
    01-15-15 02:06 PM
    Wow ... sorry to hear about your cracked screen, but seems like you have been down this path before. Butter fingers, perhaps?

I **knock on wood** have not been down this path before, but I have heard of folks getting much better deals on parts on eBay. I have no experience here and hopefully someone can recommend a vendor, or you can read their feedback and assess if it is worth taking the risk.
    I work outside a lot getting in and out of vehicles so it's just almost inevitable that my phone will get dropped...the Q10 I had a Otterbox for but like using it naked so much that one day I decided to go case-less (bad idea) and the cases available for the Passport just aren't robust enough. Although I think the lip around the outside of my Seidio would have been good enough to prevent what happened but of course I had decided to use the hardshell....damnit!!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 02:29 PM
    I have a Passport with the "sim from unknown source" syndrome which is gradually becoming impossible to get repaired. I'm suspecting mother board is gone so screen and all else that's good can be made available.

NewsFlash! The highest rankin g American citizen is using a BlackBerry
    01-15-15 03:02 PM
    I tend to say ebay

In Squircle I Trust
    01-15-15 03:04 PM
    I have a Passport with the "sim from unknown source" syndrome which is gradually becoming impossible to get repaired. I'm suspecting mother board is gone so screen and all else that's good can be made available.

I'd prefer to stick to OEM parts versus aftermarket anyway so I'd be interested for sure....care to throw out a price/timeframe? Any nicks or scratches on yours?

Adam

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 03:09 PM
    I tend to say ebay

In Squircle I Trust
    Started to look but didn't come up with anything, I'll keep trying though unless the user above you hooks me up with his during a part-out.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 03:10 PM
    Check out Etrade Supply:

http://www.etradesupply.com/blackber...-passport.html

They have the Display in stock.

Posted via CB10
    jopfet likes this.
    01-15-15 03:34 PM
    The phone is still in new condition. Only worked for three weeks before that problem popped up. Inbox me please

01-15-15 04:04 PM
    You've got mail.
    01-15-15 05:06 PM