I currently have the passport but I'm wondering what phone you guys believe is best for school purposes? Heading off to NYU next year so need to stock up haha.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 02:06 AM
    Stock up? for what?
    01-05-15 02:14 AM
    Not stock up but just get a few for school and I'm wondering what you guys believe is best. I have the passport now so maybe I'll just pick up a few more.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 02:21 AM
    I'm in law school and bought the Passport so I can study where ever I am. The big screen is great for reviewing class notes.

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    01-05-15 06:12 AM
    Pick up a few more what? You have a Passport so .....
    thedose likes this.
    01-05-15 06:46 AM
    Super weird post

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    01-05-15 06:51 AM
    I wish I had the passport when I was in school. It would've made reviewing notes and slides much more comfortable.

Not sure if it would've helped in note taking since it's the hybrid keyboard though.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    01-05-15 08:12 AM
    While in law school I had a 9650, a 9930, and a Lumia 928. Out of those three, the Lumia was the best. I used OneNote so I really liked how it synced between my phone and laptop. My last year in school I bought a Surface 2, so I stopped using my phone as an additional screen for OneNote and my other files. I even stopped bringing my laptop to school since I have the power cover and the Surface comes with Office & OneNote.

I have a Passport now, which has the best screen, IMO, for viewing documents. I still think I wouldn't use it for schoolwork since the Surface 2 does so much more, has a much larger screen, and is easy to carry around.

Blackberry Passport SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.908
    01-05-15 08:48 AM
    You have a Passport and you don't think that's good enough for school?
    thedose likes this.
    01-05-15 10:13 AM
    Agreed that this is one of the oddest threads based on the OP, but I'll bite:

How is having multiple phones/passports going to help you succeed in school?

One is more than enough!

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    01-05-15 12:01 PM
    While I was in school I used my BlackBerry 9850/60 plus my PlayBook. That in conjunction with remote file access gave me all the tools I needed.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    01-05-15 12:13 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yes op.. good plan to stock up in Passports. Hand them out as gifts to your closest friends! Lol

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    01-05-15 12:18 PM
    Yes op.. good plan to stock up in Passports. Hand them out as gifts to your closest friends! Lol
    Ah ha! I see!

He will pass all his classes by bribing his teachers with Passports, brilliant!

01-05-15 12:24 PM
    I currently have the passport but I'm wondering what phone you guys believe is best for school purposes? Heading off to NYU next year so need to stock up haha.

Posted via CB10
    A lot of them young dudes like you enjoy a lot of things like new smart phones, new car...but in the end complaint about tuition fees, debt, and cannot have or earn enough money to pay off and down payment for a home...that why boomers generation a lot richer than us, might be smarter than us too? Anyway, we need to help the economy keep moving.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 12:56 PM
    A lot of them young dudes like you enjoy a lot of things like new smart phones, new car...but in the end complaint about tuition fees, debt, and cannot have or earn enough money to pay off and down payment for a home...that why boomers generation a lot richer than us, might be smarter than us too? Anyway, we need to help the economy keep moving.

Posted via CB10
    Boomer generation didn't have old people competing for jobs with them while they were young. People aren't retiring when they should. Some people have no choice sadly.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    I guess you aren't worried about spending too much lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:28 PM
    What are your opinions on the porsche design phones? I really like the build quality but think they will be **** compared to the passport in terms of speed and whatnot?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:42 PM
    What are your opinions on the porsche design phones? I really like the build quality but think they will be **** compared to the passport in terms of speed and whatnot?

Posted via CB10
    The Porche design phones are what you buy with your dividends, after you are done school and have a few years of success. You're living too fast kid. If you've got the money, save it. Invest it. The Passport along with a pen and paper and you'll be fine. Watch your spending, otherwise soon there won't be enough drugs or women in the world to satisfy you.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    dmateo likes this.
    01-05-15 02:02 PM
    Ah ha! I see!

He will pass all his classes by bribing his teachers with Passports, brilliant!

Dear professor, may I present to you in person the finest phone from BlackBerry, the Passport. And while we are at it, may I have your pin?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    thedose likes this.
    01-05-15 02:02 PM
    Z30..?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 02:03 PM
    Joke aside, just get a decent laptop or Tablet with keyboard, as someone mentioned the Surface 2 is a good option.

Back in Law school I used pen and paper, my phone was just for calls and texts. During the Master's degree I kept using pen and paper, as my laptop was old and battery lasted very little. I had a 9700 which was great for calls, texts, BBM, WhatsApp and checking emails: I never missed a good reunion due to lack of communication with my classmates!

Last September I began a Diploma course and decided to get an HP Laptop. It was the best decision for me, even when some suggested a Tablet. I feel more confident having a full keyboard to take notes with, also having a CD/DVD player and multiple USB ports. The Laptop is connected to my Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive, so can always upload my notes and have them available on my phone, whether my Passport or Z30 (and even Dropbox on my 9800 Torch).

You have to think seriously, treat school, specially when you refer to university for graduate or postgraduate studies, as your "work". So the question you should make yourself is: what device would I like to use in an office environment and at the same time not be attached to a desktop PC?

The Passport is truly awesome, and so is the Z30. These are truly mobile computing devices, which can help you a lot to get stuff done on the go. But at times, you'll find yourself needing something bigger, again, I'd prefer a Laptop over a Tablet. Then just have it synced with your phone.

Now, if what you're asking is what phone you would look "cool" with in school? Then you'll just have to define if you want to have the same as others (rectangular slabs) or would rather standout with what you have already, a great Passport!

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    01-05-15 02:21 PM
    Maybe the OP has habit of losing things so he needs extra phones

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 02:28 PM
    The Porche design phones are what you buy with your dividends, after you are done school and have a few years of success. You're living too fast kid. If you've got the money, save it. Invest it. The Passport along with a pen and paper and you'll be fine. Watch your spending, otherwise soon there won't be enough drugs or women in the world to satisfy you.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    What ever happened to having a guy like warren buffet as your role model? Live frugally and make your money last; if you're savvy enough that nyu education will go a long way. If you spend it like is seems you plan to you're screwed for life!!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 06:15 PM
    I do think that the passport is very good but is it worth getting a classic as well or p9981? I'll need a few in NYC.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 10:51 PM
    I know the passport is a good phone, but do you think getting a classic and p9981 would be good as well? I'll need a few in NYC.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 10:52 PM
35 12