Hi there, I'm having a hard time trying to find a good and simple PDF Reader with basic editing tools like underline with different colors and highlight text, for my Passport.
    On the native OS 10, I couldn't find any real good option. Docs to Go are great for .doc and ppt files, but doesn't read or edit pdf.
    On Android apk's, I got PDF MAX and WPS, but when I try to buy the full version that appears to have those edition tools, it says that I need to have the latest Google Play Store to do that..
    Any ideas on an good application that can do to that on the Passport ?
    Thanks !

Posted via CB10
    04-08-17 08:48 PM
    Well, It seems that I found one: the old Adobe Acrobat Reader, the v.17 for Android works well on the Passport.

I downloaded from here:
    https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

I have an iPad and a MacBook, but my phone is "the" Passport.
    04-08-17 09:13 PM
    @andremartins, why do you find android port of Acrobat Reader - this program is integrated part of OS10. Acrobat Reader only read a PDF file, not Edit. I don't understand why...

Some month ago I read about ScanToText Pro in BBAppWorld. This App convert Pdf files to editable version. Maybe U try this, but it's non free app
    04-09-17 01:42 AM
    Hi there, I'm having a hard time trying to find a good and simple PDF Reader with basic editing tools like underline with different colors and highlight text, for my Passport.
    On the native OS 10, I couldn't find any real good option. Docs to Go are great for .doc and ppt files, but doesn't read or edit pdf.
    On Android apk's, I got PDF MAX and WPS, but when I try to buy the full version that appears to have those edition tools, it says that I need to have the latest Google Play Store to do that..
    Any ideas on an good application that can do to that on the Passport ?
    Thanks !

Posted via CB10
    Hi

I think the acrobat reader app on blackberry 10
    When you select a word you CAN underline or add background color on word/sentences (just 3 colors available) to highlight
    You can add text, so you can complete a doc without print it to complete with a pen...
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    04-09-17 03:41 AM
    Thanks for replying. The acrobat reader on OS10 really can annotate and make notes, but I couldn't find a way to make highlights on the text, which is very important for academic papers. Strangely, you can freehand a line, but not highlight. The Android version is pretty OK. I will use the native app for everyday tasks as reading email attachments or simple files, while the Android version will be reading and highlighting specific papers.

04-09-17 07:30 AM
    Try Scanwritr. It's an adroid port but availabl on blackberry world. Has pretty good editing tools and also terrific scan to PDF features as well

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 09:32 AM
    Thanks for replying. The acrobat reader on OS10 really can annotate and make notes, but I couldn't find a way to make highlights on the text, which is very important for academic papers. Strangely, you can freehand a line, but not highlight. The Android version is pretty OK. I will use the native app for everyday tasks as reading email attachments or simple files, while the Android version will be reading and highlighting specific papers.

I have been using the native bb10 precisely for academic use: mark and annotate theses, papers. It works very well.
    I never use my Macbook or Linux laptop for that. It's much better on the Passport and I can do it anywhere, when I travel abroad, on a train, in a bus, or standing in line.
    I once corrected an entire PhD thesis while waiting in a two hour long bus line in a mountain resort in Japan...

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 01:40 PM

Not trying to be an armchair CEO, but I wish BlackBerry had paid a better attention to users like you who are exposed to apps that are out there and yet enjoy what BB10 has to offer. I confess that the passport is my only BB10 device and rightly so for its PKB differentiating factor and wide screen.

Sad to see a highly functional device die the way it did.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 01:42 PM
    Not trying to be an armchair CEO, but I wish BlackBerry had paid a better attention to users like you who are exposed to apps that are out there and yet enjoy what BB10 has to offer. I confess that the passport is my only BB10 device and rightly so for its PKB differentiating factor and wide screen.

Sad to see a highly functional device die the way it did.

Posted via CB10
    The acrobat reader does and has always done what the OP asked: highlight! It's the second symbol from the top left.

The Passport is a great device for an academic.
    It does everything an academic engineer needs.
    No need for android or IoS or even my Macbook, which I use as a dumb terminal anyway to log into a Linux workstation.

Best PDF Reader and editor for Passport?-img_20170409_144129.png

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 01:45 PM
    Thanks for the feedback! I will try Scanwritr, for sure. Meantime, let me try to figure it out this: on my native Adobe Reader, there's no way to highlight text. The screen that I saw here it's not the same that I have on my Adobe Reader, and I checked on BlackBerry World and my version of the app it's up to date (10.4.4.25). These are the main screens of the Adobe Reader on my Passport :
    Best PDF Reader and editor for Passport?-img_20170409_174519.png
    Best PDF Reader and editor for Passport?-img_20170409_174526.png

Is there another native version of the Adobe Reader available ?

04-09-17 03:50 PM
    You have to open it in editing mode.
    There is no other.
    The default one has all the features you want.
    Just click on the comment symbol at the bottom of the page.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 05:42 PM
    Wow, that's right! It worked !!!
    Thanks everyone, I will keep just the native Adobe Reader for my Passport.

Thanks a lot, the BlackBerry community is really awesome !

04-09-17 08:05 PM
    Wow, I don't know about this function in Adobe Reader (native app). When I want edit, comment and other with my PDF file I use full version on PC. Now I use for fast job the native app. Thanks guys very much. Man learns all his life...
    04-10-17 01:19 AM