I just ordered a green carbon fiber from Phantomskinz via their black friday sale, 75% off
    Will post pics once it arrives.
    I love the look of the green one. And now I know about the black friday sale, I'm getting one.

edit - Damn, only shows 50% off for me. And shipping to the UK on top, hmmm, do I need it or just want it . . .
    11-28-14 04:50 PM
    Yeah, the 75% was for the first 25 people. You should jump on the 50% while it's still available as it's only open to 50 people.
    11-28-14 05:19 PM
    Yeah, the 75% was for the first 25 people. You should jump on the 50% while it's still available as it's only open to 50 people.
    Done, hopefully I won't suddenly go off the idea of lurid green before it arrives. May cut the side parts off, I think covering the steel is almost a sin. I'll be chucking the screen protector in the bin to be honest too, not sure why I have to buy one with the skin. My tempered glass ones should be arriving soonish.
    11-28-14 05:42 PM
    Just bought one for 50% off. Thanks!

Via CB 10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    11-28-14 05:43 PM
    Done, hopefully I won't suddenly go off the idea of lurid green before it arrives. May cut the side parts off, I think covering the steel is almost a sin.
    I was thinking the exact same (cutting off the sides), but I'll put it on first and see how I feel.

Just bought one for 50% off. Thanks!

Via CB 10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    No problem! I'm actually rather surprised that they haven't even gotten 75 orders yet, I thought for sure they'd be used up within an hour or so of the deal going up.
    11-28-14 05:51 PM
    If you are in the US then you will get yours before me for sure, if you put some pics up that would be awesome. And be good to know if you cut the sides off or not.
    11-28-14 05:57 PM
    I'm in Canada, so it could go either way, buy I will definitely post pictures and such.
    mgolder81 likes this.
    11-28-14 06:00 PM
    I had some from dbrand for my android phones. Very high quality and reusable after taking off. Maybe if enough people email them about making some for the passport, they will give in... They are a Canadian company from what I remember.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-28-14 08:21 PM
    I personally like the cut of the Ghost Armor carbon skins. Theres a promo code that gets you 61% off the skin right now. They also have mall kiosks in some regions. If you order online, shipping is over $20.
    11-28-14 08:28 PM
    I had some from dbrand for my android phones. Very high quality and reusable after taking off. Maybe if enough people email them about making some for the passport, they will give in... They are a Canadian company from what I remember.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I started a thread on here trying to get people to email them in hopes that they'd have enough demand to justify it, but very few people seemed interested.

I personally like the cut of the Ghost Armor carbon skins. Theres a promo code that gets you 61% off the skin right now. They also have mall kiosks in some regions. If you order online, shipping is over $20.
    I was considering Ghost Armor, but I don't like how they cut out the BlackBerry logo. Just looks awful.
    11-28-14 10:47 PM
    Probably the wrong thread for this,but do they have any flat black ones for the chin on the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 11:25 PM
    My green carbon PhantomSkinz arrived today. When on, it looks ok and fits pretty well. But the side pieces covering the steel are irritating, no need for them, they should be optional really. And to be honest I don't like the feel. The carbon print feels nice itself. But the corners and edges on the bottom and sides make it really obvious that it is a sticker and not 'factory'. So, prob going to just peel it off.
    Best Passport Carbon Fiber Skins?-img_20141210_123846.jpg

Posted via CB10

edit - Also the screen protector included went on fine, but it doesn't have a tab on it to remove the 'cap sheet' on top of the film, so it constantly has a haze/scratched look. Can't see a way to get the 'cap sheet' off and use it properly. Odd.
    Last edited by mgolder81; 12-10-14 at 07:38 AM. Reason: more
    heartsthat likes this.
    12-10-14 06:43 AM
    My green carbon PhantomSkinz arrived today. When on, it looks ok and fits pretty well. But the side pieces covering the steel are irritating, no need for them, they should be optional really. And to be honest I don't like the feel. The carbon print feels nice itself. But the corners and edges on the bottom and sides make it really obvious that it is a sticker and not 'factory'. So, prob going to just peel it off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141210_123846.jpg 
Views:	1549 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	319809

Posted via CB10

edit - Also the screen protector included went on fine, but it doesn't have a tab on it to remove the 'cap sheet' on top of the film, so it constantly has a haze/scratched look. Can't see a way to get the 'cap sheet' off and use it properly. Odd.

Just get a piece if scotch tape, stick to top layer and lift off
    12-10-14 08:35 AM
    Wow, yours arrived before mine (I'm in Canada). Mine still hasn't even been scanned into the country. Damn holiday clogging up the postal system.

Straight outta CB10
    12-10-14 12:22 PM
    Wow, yours arrived before mine (I'm in Canada). Mine still hasn't even been scanned into the country. Damn holiday clogging up the postal system.

Straight outta CB10
    I've never understood how it takes so long to get things into Canada from America. It's a strange product, for me the sides definitely should be uncovered. But it just felt like there was a sticker on, edges being a smidge raised etc. In the end I have taken it off and just have the camera lens piece left on.
    12-10-14 01:03 PM
    I've never understood how it takes so long to get things into Canada from America. It's a strange product, for me the sides definitely should be uncovered. But it just felt like there was a sticker on, edges being a smidge raised etc. In the end I have taken it off and just have the camera lens piece left on.
    Nor have I. It left LA on a plane at 1:30pm Saturday and still hasn't even been sorted and sent to customs. So once that finally happens, then it gets handed off to Canada Post who then has to sort it and ship it down to me (which they sometimes **** up somehow, despite me living a mere 2 hours from the main hub).

Well it looks good from your picture. How precise are the cutouts on the logo and such?

Straight outta CB10
    12-10-14 05:14 PM
    Around the logo it seemed pretty much perfect. The width of the sim cover piece was possibly a little narrow as more black was left exposed to truly call it covered completely. The cutouts they make to help the skin fit around corners, while helpful, make another few points where your fingers graze over it and it is obvious there is a sticker in place.

Was also quite a lot less grippy than the standard rubberised back too.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 07:14 PM
    I ordered one of these in red though. Love the look of the new red Passport can't exactly get that since I just got the black one so I ordered the red wrap. Let's see how it looks when it comes. Had to pay almost full price too, ended up being $50 Canadian.
    12-12-14 10:25 AM
    Mine arrived today, I'm definitely not enjoying the side pieces. Gonna cut those off at some point soon so just the back is covered. Also the lens kit is terribly cut and missing the cutout for the microphones. I'll get some pictures later tonight.

Straight outta CB10
    12-15-14 03:04 PM
    I've uploaded them to Imgur, just so there isn't a wall of photos: PhantomSkinz Passport - Imgur
    heartsthat likes this.
    12-16-14 01:26 PM
    Installed PhantomSkinz lastnight. Went OK, but did struggle with the curved sides and folds. The tip to use a hairdryer worked well, softening the vinyl enough to help it make the needed bends.

Loos great. Though not yet convinced i'll keep it long term. The edges of the material are catch points now for my fingers and this is true for the screen protector. A bit annoying trying to swipe up from lower edge and getting snagged just enough to affect the accuracy of the movement. Takes away from the experience IMHO.

I'll give it a week or two to grow on me....

This Passport takes me places!
    heartsthat likes this.
    12-16-14 01:47 PM
    Update on my skin: The edges are peeling like mad. I applied everything 100% properly, used a hair dryer to get the edges down and such, but they are constantly peeling up. A corner has actually broken off on the front lower right, so now I have this jagged bit. Never had this issue with skins before. The screen protector also looks like it's been through about 6 months of abuse, despite never having come in contact with much of anything to produce even 1/10th such scratches. I'm really glad I got this for 75% off, because I don't even think it's worth what I payed for it, let alone the amount they are actually asking for it.
    12-27-14 01:21 PM
    He is a werewolf, auuuuuuuu

Posted via CB10
    LMAO!!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App
    12-27-14 01:33 PM
    I just cut the side pieces off and and I'm much happier with it. Looks way better, no edges or corners coming up. If anyone does buy one from them, I'd highly recommend cutting the sides off.
    12-27-14 05:47 PM
    Feel like I wasted the $50 that I paid for it. I haven't put it on yet but still...sucks.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 08:28 PM
68 123