This is the best hands-on Passport reviews I have come across >>

The only complaint - he describes BB 10 OS as antiquated - but will forgive him for that miss speak because he did an awesome hands-on review.
    10-10-14 10:58 PM
    Not too shabby a review!
    10-10-14 11:56 PM
    Excellent.

Note the guy was gushing over the specs - BlackBerry needs that, for now, at least until they're at the point where people see BlackBerry 10 for what it actually is and not what they think it is.

Motorola can get away with under spec'ing their devices because they're running android.

BlackBerry has a big hurdle to overcome and releasing innovative phones with big specs is what they need right now.

Just notice how many of the reviewers praise the keyboard simply because it's touch enabled and they always demo the scrolling, flicking, and cursor placement. They could easily point out how it's cumbersome to combine physical with virtual, how it takes more time to get used to it, how it might be worse than a traditional qwerty etc and I'm surprised they're not given how biased the media used to be.

But this is just reaffirming BlackBerry made the right choice to release the Passport.

They have a lot of positive press now and I can guarantee this wave will spill over onto the Classic release. With legacy shortcuts coming back with the 10.3.1 release, I'm predicting continued positive media coverage.

It's safe to say now, that there's more good reviews than there are bad, and the wsj and verge will end up looking really dumb if they put down the Classic in the same insulating manner they did with the Passport.

BlackBerry 10 is undeniably up there with android and iOS, definitely more robust than windows, and people will see it because it's true. You can't fight the truth.

#CB10 #DirtyThirty #NaturalSound
    10-11-14 12:22 AM
    Antiquated OS? I think BB10 is bleeding edge. True multitasking, true file system, miracast, Android runtime, hub...sure there are bugs here and there, but this OS is as advanced as it gets (except when it comes to VPN protocols).

I love that BlackBerry produced a phone that is getting people excited about the brand again. More native apps? Yes please.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 12:33 AM
    Antiquated OS? I think BB10 is bleeding edge. True multitasking, true file system, miracast, Android runtime, hub...sure there are bugs here and there, but this OS is as advanced as it gets (except when it comes to VPN protocols).

I love that BlackBerry produced a phone that is getting people excited about the brand again. More native apps? Yes please.

Posted via CB10
    Some of the VPN protocols it doesn't support are protocols that aren't as secure.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 01:18 AM
    I'm forever hitting Alt on my 9900 & 9310 because it's where the shift key is on computer keyboards. My right thumb also experiences discomfort bending down to the right shift.

It might be easier for me learn to use the PP than to break decades old habits. I've also always felt a key combos are faster than waiting for long presses for caps during heavy typing.
    10-11-14 02:40 AM
    Isn't it strange to think that when this device was first hinted at earlier this year, the response, at least around these parts, was one mostly of revulsion and rejection. As a blackberry fan and user, these past two weeks have been nothing short of surreal (and wonderful). Unless, of course, you're one of the throngs fruitlessly trying to acquire the passport, in which case, frustration, rather than elation, has been the feeling of the day. Crackberry all the way!
    10-11-14 03:07 AM
    Antiquated OS?

It does so much, so easily. iOS is very basic and Android is overwhelmingly customizable and crazy to me.

If BlackBerry 10 were truly antiquated, the all-holy iOS 8 wouldn't have borrowed so many features.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 03:09 AM