Hey everyone,

Enjoying my Passport, as everyone is, but have a question.

I bought an e-reader device, and it's great. Got my whole library organized on it, and went platform agnostic, which is the best way to go with a book collection. But I won't always have it with me, and it'd be nice to have my library on my Passport as well.

Just one question -- now that I'm not tied to the proprietary reading apps, is there one app that can rule them all?

I organize my library with Calibre. is there a native reader app for BB10/the Passport that plays well with it? I don't mind paying, but I want to not have to deal with any issues with metadata fails or reading fails.
    01-01-15 10:08 AM
    I use Playepub Book Reader. You need to load your epub file to your device first, open the file with the app and it will import your book over.

If you search the forum, there have been several topics on eReaders apps. There's quite a decent selection of apps for Blackberry.
    01-02-15 01:36 AM
    Bonfire.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 03:26 AM
    Bonfire.

Posted via CB10
    Bonfire is rubbish. Purchased but never worked for me. The reviews on bbw shows a large number of people with similar experiences

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 05:54 AM
    I use Bonfire, playepub, Kobo and Kindle. I've also used the adobe app for PDF's. Basically, I use whatever works best for the type of book I'm reading.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    01-02-15 06:06 AM
    Thanks guys.

Yes, I'd read a couple of the other threads, but was curious to see how the various options interacted with Calibre. I'd like just to plug it in, load my device with my library, and be done.

I'm told Bluefire reader does okay with that? Definitely will give Bonfire a look, as I'd prefer a native option if possible, although I've heard it's no longer being updated. (But really, EPUBs aren't changing anytime soon.)
    01-02-15 03:12 PM
    I use Playepub Book Reader. You need to load your epub file to your device first, open the file with the app and it will import your book over.

If you search the forum, there have been several topics on eReaders apps. There's quite a decent selection of apps for Blackberry.
    I like Playepub also and I have all my books organized by Calibre but I just use my laptop to add books to my Passport. I don't really see any need for Playepub to interact with Calibre.
    01-02-15 03:17 PM
    Kobo should import epubs if I recall correctly.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 03:24 PM
    Update: Calibre transferred all my ePubs fine to my books subdirectory, and Bonfire works nicely with it.

Very happy with how easily it went. If I decide Bonfire isn't satisfactory, will try the other apps out next.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    01-03-15 12:20 PM
    FBReader is pretty decent. Used it on my N9 as well.
    01-05-15 03:55 PM