I can't seem to get Bonfire Reader to work on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 07:17 PM
    How do you install them into the Kindle app?

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    On the kindle device I just put them there through the usb connection, but if I want them synced to the kindle app on any of my devices, including my passport or any other device, (including last read location in the book) I sent them to my kindle mailaddress and they are added automatically, easy and fast.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 06:18 PM
    On the kindle device I just put them there through the usb connection, but if I want them synced to the kindle app on any of my devices, including my passport or any other device, (including last read location in the book) I sent them to my kindle mailaddress and they are added automatically, easy and fast.

Posted via CB10
    Neither of these worked for me with DRM free epubs

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-18-15 11:02 PM
    UB Reader "snap"

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:06 AM
    Try Aldiko

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 04:54 AM
    Yes, Kindle seems to be a nicely developed app. That's what I'm using at the moment.

I've also had good luck in the past with "Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle Books". Awkward title, but a nice reader. Kobo was okay in the days before Kindle.
    The Kindle app is simply superb, there is no other app, out there like it.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 08:01 AM
    NSR Reader!

₱asaporte₱ilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-19-15 08:07 AM
    If you don't mind a paid Android app (4.99), Moon+ reader Pro works really well on the Passport. The keyboard touch pad will scroll the text. It also has auto scroll and tons of configuration options for controls and visuals.
    01-19-15 02:48 PM
    I use Kobo. It has a great library, lots of free books and all kinds of settings to make reading as easy as possible. It is available on BB World
    01-19-15 02:57 PM
    Neither of these worked for me with DRM free epubs

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Ok I forgot something, I use the open source calibre ebook library software, and it first converts the ebook to kindle format.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 05:43 PM
    Ok I forgot something, I use the open source calibre ebook library software, and it first converts the ebook to kindle format.

Posted via CB10
    And then you just place it in the correct directory without paying anything?

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-20-15 02:24 AM
    Go to Amazon.com and see the instructions there. Its very simple. There will be an email address for every device you use and you simply email to that address and voila within minuted you have the book ready on the device.
    01-20-15 04:30 AM
    And then you just place it in the correct directory without paying anything?

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Through usb yes, or mail it to my kindle email account, that mailbox exepts lots of formats, including Word and pdf, and should convert it also before sending it to the kindle. This is a free service from amazon so you can have your own documents on your kindle, and it syncs with your kindle app also

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 06:51 PM
    Have you tried kobo books? I haven't seen anyone mentioned that. It's very good Android app with great UI

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 07:22 PM
    If you don't mind a paid Android app (4.99), Moon+ reader Pro works really well on the Passport. The keyboard touch pad will scroll the text. It also has auto scroll and tons of configuration options for controls and visuals.
    Hy,
    I have one question: Moon Reader Pro work on Passport in fullscreen mod? or in the bottom side of screen remains the black bar with back button.
    PS: could you make a screenshot of what it's look like?
    Thx.
    01-23-15 04:17 AM
    Hy,
    I have one question: Moon Reader Pro work on Passport in fullscreen mod? or in the bottom side of screen remains the black bar with back button.
    PS: could you make a screenshot of what it's look like?
    Thx.
    you can always turn off that bar by swipe down in app and choose "hide bar'
    01-23-15 05:08 AM
    Have you tried kobo books? I haven't seen anyone mentioned that. It's very good Android app with great UI.
    I agree Kobo is a good app. (It was mentioned in a couple of the earlier posts in this thread.)

It's available in BlackBerry World (probably a ported version of their Android app). And it's working just fine even tho it hasn't been updated in over a year.

Today I encountered a glitch where the book I just purchased this morning wouldn't download. I went thru their help process and ended up speaking with a Kobo rep on the phone and he fixed it up quite quickly. They have the whole process set up to recognize PlayBook users as well as BlackBerry phones (as well as other tablets and phones too of course). And they are ON it... meaning it works and it works well.
    03-11-15 01:22 PM
    So after trying many apps (Bonfire, Kindle, Moon, Kobo, Playepub and a couple of other android choices whose names escape me right now) I have settled on my old Playbook app, Playepub Book Reader which originally did not work on my Passport back in November. But I guess there were updates (thanks Dev!) and it works beautifully now (still on my PlayBook as well). I highly recommend this app for anyone who is considering an ebook reader. Thanks to ALL who contributed with suggestions and info--a great community!!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 01:53 PM
    It acts as an Amazon store-front and will suggest books to a user. But it can still be used offline and without account information if you drop your own downloads to the device.

Personally, I learned to appreciate the Kindle store after a while. Too much of my downloaded library was just so poorly formatted and proofed.
    In what directory do you "drop your own downloads"? I've pasted mobi format ebooks into Media Card\kindle\eBooks and the Kindle app doesn't pick them up.
    08-30-15 08:28 AM
    Aldiko premium

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 08:34 AM
    Lithium, is the best epub ebook reader. It's an android app so can install it without snap or GG cobalt in your BB!10
    03-22-18 07:44 PM
    I use moonreader pro. It’s very good
    03-22-18 09:02 PM
    Hey guys, I was thinking about using the passport as an e-reader. Is there an app recommendation in 2023?
    08-08-23 03:35 PM
    Hey guys, I was thinking about using the passport as an e-reader. Is there an app recommendation in 2023?
    By a proper paperwhite Kindle for $140, or a Fire HD tablet for under $100.

You won't be able to do anything with the PlayBook.
    eshropshire likes this.
    08-08-23 04:32 PM
    By a proper paperwhite Kindle for $140, or a Fire HD tablet for under $100.

You won't be able to do anything with the PlayBook.
    He's talking about using the Passport.
    conite likes this.
    08-08-23 05:33 PM
79 1234