1. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    are there tips to get this one stay healty and powerfull?
    i read some articles :
    - charge the battry if your battry minimum 40% and max 85%
    - ever one month, we must do "zero battry" and full 100% charging battry.
    - we must use original charger (from original brand but other brand)
    - using 1.3A or 2A for optimizing the battery charging

    is it true or not?

    Posted via CB10
    08-19-17 10:55 AM
  2. 1122334455667788's Avatar
    - ever one month, we must do "zero battry" and full 100% charging battry.
    I don't think this is actually true. It can re-calibrate the battery percentage reading though. Theoretically, you really want to avoid 0%.


    - we must use original charger (from original brand but other brand)
    I don't think the charger brand should really matter. Possibly using a really cheap one could have some issues.
    08-19-17 12:18 PM
  3. 1122334455667788's Avatar
    - charge the battry if your battry minimum 40% and max 85%
    Possibly true. I'm not sure of the exact percentages, but going close to 100% or 0% is supposed to be bad.
    I'm not sure about the Passport, but some devices simply won't charge to 100%. They will report 100% before they technically get there, and stop charging. If this was the case, manually not charging to 100% might be redundant.

    How long do you intend to keep the phone? Even without the best charging practices, you are unlikely to notice much of a difference if you only keep a phone two or three years.
    Even beyond that, it would take a very long time for the battery deterioration to get as bad as your self inflicted reduction.
    08-19-17 12:26 PM
  4. Huussi's Avatar
    Only thing that actually matters from that list is the 40-85% charge state, 40-60% would be even better but it's easiest to just not let the charge level go under 30%. The gains from babying your battery hysterically are minimal.
    08-19-17 12:29 PM
  5. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    How long do you intend to keep the phone? Even without the best charging practices, you are unlikely to notice much of a difference if you only keep a phone two or three years.
    2 years or until i will get iphone 8 on septembre or October
    but i used this phone about 2 years more


    Posted via CB10
    08-19-17 07:34 PM
  6. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Only thing that actually matters from that list is the 40-85% charge state, 40-60% would be even better but it's easiest to just not let the charge level go under 30%. The gains from babying your battery hysterically are minimal.
    is it true of the percentages ? forgotten the 40% minimum power. so how about 85% maximum percentage? is it recommended or not?

    Posted via CB10
    08-19-17 07:38 PM
  7. Huussi's Avatar
    is it true of the percentages ? forgotten the 40% minimum power. so how about 85% maximum percentage? is it recommended or not?

    Posted via CB10
    My recommendation would be to not spend time obsessing over battery percentage, just don't drain it all the way and your lithium battery will serve you for a long time.
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    08-19-17 11:50 PM
  8. Leyra B10's Avatar
    Not really sure about those percentages, but taxing it all the time to where it gets hot is not good. I usually charge from a portable battery.

    Posted via CB10
    08-19-17 11:54 PM
  9. 1122334455667788's Avatar
    2 years or until i will get iphone 8 on septembre or October
    but i used this phone about 2 years more


    Posted via CB10
    In that case, don't worry about it too much.
    08-19-17 11:54 PM
  10. dmlis's Avatar
    Battery University is good source.
    Highly recommended, especially for owners of devices with non removable batteries as Passport.
    Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University
    08-23-17 01:31 PM
  11. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Battery University is good source.
    Highly recommended, especially for owners of devices with non removable batteries as Passport.
    Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University
    can you put main article to this?

    Posted via CB10
    08-23-17 07:58 PM
  12. dmlis's Avatar
    can you put main article to this?

    Posted via CB10
    Well, there are many interesting articles. But I'd suggest to start with this one as matching the subject of this thread:
    How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University
    08-24-17 03:42 AM
  13. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Well, there are many interesting articles. But I'd suggest to start with this one as matching the subject of this thread:
    How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University
    thanks alote brother
    i will do 20% minimum power and 85% maximum charging.
    but once a week i will do 0% and 100% maximum charging level

    Posted via CB10
    08-24-17 03:51 AM
  14. dmlis's Avatar
    thanks alote brother
    i will do 20% minimum power and 85% maximum charging.
    but once a week i will do 0% and 100% maximum charging level

    Posted via CB10
    In my humble opinion (based on reading from that site as well)... One should not discharge to 0%. Not healthy for Li ion batteries.
    I do suggest to study tables and graphs at Battery University. According to them there is a trade off between cycles counts (they are limited) and depth of discharge.

    My personal choice is to plug in at around 20%. Max charge level does not really matter, but note that charging rate drops considerably at about 85%-90%. In some cases it does not make sense to waste one's time for remaining 10%-15%.
    08-24-17 04:46 AM
  15. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    In my humble opinion (based on reading from that site as well)... One should not discharge to 0%. Not healthy for Li ion batteries.
    I do suggest to study tables and graphs at Battery University. According to them there is a trade off between cycles counts (they are limited) and depth of discharge.

    My personal choice is to plug in at around 20%. Max charge level does not really matter, but note that charging rate drops considerably at about 85%-90%. In some cases it does not make sense to waste one's time for remaining 10%-15%.
    so i go about 20-90%?

    Posted via CB10
    08-24-17 10:48 PM
  16. shade3d's Avatar
    I charge Passport during every night when I sleep. From 2,5yr I don't see anything bad with the battery.

    Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-24-17 11:21 PM
  17. kwartey's Avatar
    I always charge my battery under 10% and I feel that's the best because it still last long after charging. My passport is new BTW. Is it wrong?
    Colemann84 likes this.
    08-25-17 02:52 AM
  18. Huussi's Avatar
    I always charge my battery under 10% and I feel that's the best because it still last long after charging. My passport is new BTW. Is it wrong?
    I wouldn't let it get that low (on purpose).
    08-25-17 04:19 AM
  19. Fire In The Bones's Avatar
    I've also read that allowing the battery to "relax" by turning the device off after discharging and then waiting up to three hours before charging significantly increases the number of potential cycles. (Google "battery relaxation"). One would probably need multiple devices in order to do this over the long term.

    Best,

    Reg
    08-25-17 10:27 PM
  20. brookie229's Avatar
    I always charge my battery under 10% and I feel that's the best because it still last long after charging. My passport is new BTW. Is it wrong?
    Yup it's wrong. Generally the fewer times it gets below 20%, the better. Ideally Li ion batteries like to be kept between 20-80%. I try to NEVER go below 20% but sometimes that is hard to avoid. I am now at 624 cycles on my Passport and the battery is still in good condition.

    Posted via CB10
    08-25-17 11:16 PM
  21. kwartey's Avatar
    Wow, this good battery maintenance routine is more stressful than I thought. And I don't need to charge to 100% too? Oh come on..
    Colemann84 likes this.
    08-26-17 05:28 AM
  22. conite's Avatar
    08-26-17 08:01 AM
  23. kwartey's Avatar
    So how many time do you guys charge your batteries a day?
    08-26-17 09:10 AM
  24. conite's Avatar
    So how many time do you guys charge your batteries a day?
    From a health perspective, it's better to just top it up whenever it's convenient. Keep it in the range I indicated above.
    08-26-17 09:51 AM
  25. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...hones-battery/

    Best to keep charge between 50 and 80%.
    thanks for best recommendation, i will do that

    Posted via CB10
    08-26-17 03:35 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Hub+ Suite for iOS ?
    By evodevo69 in forum Armchair CEO
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-06-18, 09:48 PM
  2. My classic shuts down at 40% battery
    By kp711 in forum BlackBerry Classic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-17, 10:05 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-17, 05:13 PM
  4. Using the physical keyboard to adjust manual camera controls on KEYone
    By CrackBerry News in forum CrackBerry.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-17, 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD