Hey Guys,
    What's the best BB10 Browser out there that works very well on BB Passport?
    Thanks a lot for your time.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-21 05:21 AM
    Hey Guys,

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to say, none work all that well anymore. Besides the native browser you can try Browsie and PaperBird but they all use the same ancient webkit. You really need to have a decent android browser app such as Kiwi to view many websites properly anymore. They are slow, but it is what it is.
    01-20-21 07:56 AM
    Thanks so much for your time. I wish to try kiwi browser. How do I install it on BB Passport?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-21 08:46 AM
    Thanks so much for your time. I wish to try kiwi browser. How do I install it on BB Passport?

Posted via CB10
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/geomet...-apk-download/
    01-20-21 09:40 AM
    I use the stock browser and Fennec F-Droid. Fennec seems to me as less stable, but it has more features.
    A good place to check:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-apps-f274/
    01-27-21 03:21 PM
    kiwi, opera, and via. all from the yalp store (fork.....whatever this means)
    01-27-21 11:52 PM
    Mileage may vary. I still use the stock browser for 99% of my browsing, no issues. Rare is the time I'm stuck outside with a necessary web site not working. If the browser was that bad I'd be dual carrying or switching from BB10 completely.

Most of the time there is borkage it's due to web sites doing detection of the user agent string.
    01-28-21 11:31 PM
    They are slow, but it is what it is.

They are slow but if we could remove unnecessary modules and reduce apk size they might run faster.

Also it's better if you can enable clear data on exit option. It will keep browser clean and faster.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-21 08:25 AM
    Hi @conite,

I've tried newer versions and they seem to work but with certain flaws. Would you say it's rather advisable to roll back to this version?

Thanks in advance.
    03-06-21 10:07 AM
    They are slow but if we could remove unnecessary modules and reduce apk size they might run faster.

Also it's better if you can enable clear data on exit option. It will keep browser clean and faster.

Posted via CB10
    Personally, most modern browsers today have about 500% more features than I really need or for that matter, want. For a BB10 device, I would like an extremely lean browser much like the BEOL browser we used a few years back. That thing was bare-bones but at least did not bog down as much as Kiwi or Fennec. All I need is something to get on the internet and not much else. But then again, I'm a light user so there are not many with my paltry requirements lol.
    03-06-21 10:13 AM
    Hi @conite,

I've tried newer versions and they seem to work but with certain flaws. Would you say it's rather advisable to roll back to this version?

Thanks in advance.
    It can't hurt. You can try various ones from the list at apkmirror. Just be sure to download the variant for armeabi-v7a.
    03-06-21 11:04 AM
    Then problem isn't you it's the Web its all the dynamic Javascript crap web developers put in there sites that require the latest browsers and hardware to process

https://odysee.com/@Luke:7/a-demonst...rn-web-bloat:f
    Last edited by co4nd; 03-06-21 at 03:39 PM.
    03-06-21 01:33 PM
    Then problem isn't you Browsers its all the dynamic Javascript crap web developers put in there sites.

https://odysee.com/@Luke:7/a-demonst...rn-web-bloat:f
    No question, web bloat is extensive. I'm liking the web less and less as time goes on. The content is just getting too much for my tiny brain to handle.
    anon(5597702) and Leather_nun like this.
    03-06-21 01:51 PM
    Hey Guys,

Posted via CB10
    For best results, you need a mix of different browsers, and optimal settings. I use a mix of the Blackberry browser, Qbrowser, and kiwi. I start with native browser and if it doesn't work, I go to Q, and lastly Kiwi. As a modern android browser, Kiwi will usually give the best rendering, but it can be slower and harder on battery life

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) and Leather_nun like this.
    03-06-21 03:53 PM
    Hello everybody!

Which version of the Kiwi Browser is the most recommended one?
    03-30-21 12:59 PM
    Hello everybody!

Which version of the Kiwi Browser is the most recommended one?
    Use this one:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/geomet...-apk-download/

Or try the XcrazyS modded version:

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/0ZD3QhHowYCCCA
    Last edited by conite; 03-30-21 at 02:08 PM.
    Tutur likes this.
    03-30-21 01:37 PM
    Works!
    Thank you very much!
    03-30-21 02:00 PM
    What does the XcrazyS version do differently? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-21 02:25 PM
    What does the XcrazyS version do differently? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    He has release notes in his thread.
    03-30-21 02:27 PM
    He has release notes in his thread.
    I was afraid you would say that! I will look for them. I might need a revised Telegram also.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-21 11:00 AM
    For the latest version 570536402 of XcrazyS Kiwi browser, the only release note I found is this. No details there.

There was an earlier post for an earlier version here , that has some more details.

Is there a better way to find latest release notes than combing through that thread? For some apps it seams XcrazyS has put some description of his tweaks into his original post or post #2, but apparently not for Kiwi. It would be great to have a similar description, including the latest recommended flag settings (chrome://flags or kiwi://flags), in one easily accessible place for Kiwi as well.
    Last edited by BeerBear; 04-11-21 at 11:48 AM.
    04-11-21 05:32 AM
    Hey Guys,

Posted via CB10
    I'm having luck with quite a few, Via, Browsie, Qbrowser, Opera Mini, Adblocker browser, Lightning, IceCatmobile, Qbrowser, Xbrowser, Kiwi, Incognito ALL work with You Tube.

Adblock and Opera Mini do very good at blocking you tube ads, Icecat & Kiwi block the in video ads but the "you can skip in 5 secs sneaks through at the beginning.
    My bank displays like an app without being told "browser outdated" with these browsers ... Qbrowser, IceCatmobile, Adblock Browser, Incognito displays the bank like app/mobile browser but not full page(?) and Browsie displays more like a desktop with out the "browser outdated" message.

Qbrowser, IceCat, Adblocker, Incognito run quite snappy (most of the time lol )
    04-12-21 02:05 PM