Hi there. I just got a new Passport (yes, I think it's worth in 2017), everything works beautiful. Just a small annoyance : I got used to have my phone as a night clock and alarm since my 1st BlackBerry in 2009, and from there, all my devices had the bedside mode working on every night. The dark screen with the red analog clock was superb.
    On my new Passport, however, the bedside mode screen is too bright, even when I turn the general screen brightness all way down.
    I mean, it's like the black isn't really black as my other BlackBerry devices, but kind of bright black.
    The Passport's screen works amazingly on everything else.
    Do I missed something here or the bedside mode on the others Passport phones are the same?
    Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    04-04-17 07:39 PM
    Hi there. I just got a new Passport (yes, I think it's worth in 2017), everything works beautiful. Just a small annoyance : I got used to have my phone as a night clock and alarm since my 1st BlackBerry in 2009, and from there, all my devices had the bedside mode working on every night. The dark screen with the red analog clock was superb.
    On my new Passport, however, the bedside mode screen is too bright, even when I turn the general screen brightness all way down.
    I mean, it's like the black isn't really black as my other BlackBerry devices, but kind of bright black.
    The Passport's screen works amazingly on everything else.
    Do I missed something here or the bedside mode on the others Passport phones are the same?
    Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Passport dont have an LeD screen primarily and secondarily it has a sharp (not the company) screen that is suited for documents and big files etc.
    04-04-17 07:49 PM
    Besides the alarm options, there aren't any settings for Bedside mode to adjust the brightness.
    It seems to progressively gets dimmer.
    My Bedside mode works in conjunction with Battery Saving Mode which automatically lowers the screen brightness and reduces the screen timeout to 30 seconds (and a few other things). I assumed this is how it all works across the board. I swipe the screen to see the clock again if I need to.
    Are any of these functions the same for you? What level OS do you currently use?
    04-04-17 07:49 PM
    I have the last OS, 10.3.3.1435. I know the bedside mode settings, had been using for many years on Bold, Z30 and Classic. I am just annoyed with the "bright black" on the Passport . On Z30 , for instance, the screen was really black and you couldn't see any kind of brightness when you turned the lights of the room off. On the Passport, you can see some brightness, even when the keyboard's light turn down .

Posted via CB10
    04-04-17 07:55 PM
    I think you will just have to get used to the brightness. I use it every night and I have never really realized it is too bright. For me, it is perfect, but then I have never seen the Z30 bedside mode. Maybe tonight I'll dig my old Z10 out and use it to see if there is a difference. Again, I think over time you will adjust, hopefully.
    04-04-17 08:17 PM
    Thanks, I am using it every night, for sure. It's just different from what I got used for so many years.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-17 08:34 PM
    I tested the night mode(bedside mode) with red analog clock in my Passport (I have 10.3.3.1463 OS version). Black background color is the same as in everyday use, although a little brighter than, for example, in 9320, which uses my wife. Lighting keys in Passport too brightly lit and it is, for me, the impression of a very light phone at night if I want to check the time.
    04-05-17 12:17 AM
    Amoled screens are really Black (Black then the lees are off), the passport has LCD screenthat use backlight. So LCD never get that Black as Amoled. That is the different you notice.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 12:37 PM
    Thanks for clarify my question. It seems that the Passport type of screen is different from my last BlackBerry device (Z30). I can live with that. Passport is an amazing phone. No regrets ;-) thanks for the feedback.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 10:15 PM