Good Day

Just dropping by to ask everyone if their BBM is working?

I have been trying to use it today and everyone I send something to I get the grey check then it turns into the red x and it fails to send the message.

I have never had this happen before and after texting some contacts I have I use BBM with they were saying the same thing is happening for them on their end, is this a local issue or would this be a network issue?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    vincentkong likes this.
    08-26-15 10:17 PM
    Where are you? I would have to think it's a local issue if others around you are having the same problem.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-26-15 10:20 PM
    Working fine for me in the US today all day
    08-26-15 10:23 PM
    Where are you? I would have to think it's a local issue if others around you are having the same issue.

So would we say a local network issue rather then the hand set itself?

Also it's the same for iphone and android users on different networks too. I was covering all my contacts to get a good sampling.

Does BBM have to do anything special prior to sending or receiving messages or does it work on the network like all the other texting apps?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 10:26 PM
    So would we say a local network issue rather then the hand set itself?

Also it's the same for iphone and android users on different networks too. I was covering all my contacts to get a good sampling.

Does BBM have to do anything special prior to sending or receiving messages or does it work on the network like all the other texting apps?

Posted via CB10
    It's not texting, it's instant messaging. That means it uses data.

Maybe one of your local carriers is having a problem if this just started suddenly to you and your friends in your area.

Last edited by conite; 08-26-15 at 10:47 PM.
    08-26-15 10:32 PM
    Haven't found any problem with BBM

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 10:41 PM
    BBM is fine.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 10:46 PM
    Hi. I am glad that someone wrote about this. I live in NJ, USA. I was thinking something was inherently wrong with my BBM on my Passport on the T-mobile network. I was sending BBM messages to a few people and some went through and some didn't. I was hoping to find a common denominator. At this moment, seems like I can receive messages but can't send messages to folks with BBM for either iOS and Android. But BBM between Blackberry users seem to be fine. Any logic to this?
    08-27-15 12:07 AM
    I'm having this same issue. On tmobile in the US with a passport. I'm on wifi and it still gets the red X. I can receive messages, but not send them. It started around 5 pm or so on Thursday August 26th. Really weird.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 06:54 AM
    I'm having the same problem, Atlanta,GA,USA. Tmobile, problem started Wednesday. August 26th around 8PM Est.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nicolyn; 08-27-15 at 08:26 AM.
    08-27-15 08:14 AM
    Which part of the U.S. are you located? I am seeing issues currently with T-Mobile around in certain parts of the continental U.S.
    https://downdetector.com/status/t-mo...ms-at-t-mobile
    08-27-15 09:19 AM
    Resolved the problem this morning. Spent over an hour with T-Mobile and a Blackberry rep. Just do a soft reset. Hold the up and down volumes at the same time. Not the same as resetting by holding down the power button. This reset should reset all applications. Let me know if this works for you.
    08-27-15 10:56 AM
    My brother went from a 9900 to a q5. He swapped his Sim card, logged in his bbid and I sent him BBM and got read X.

He could send to me. Deleted his contact and resent invite.
    Once he accepted all was good.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 11:19 AM
    Mine started to work again without the reset. I tried the soft and hard reset last night when the problem started and it didn't seem to help. Had to have been a tmobile issue. I'm in Ohio though and it seemed like other tmobile users were fine so I have no idea what it could have been

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 01:23 PM
    Which part of the U.S. are you located? I am seeing issues currently with T-Mobile around in certain parts of the continental U.S.
    https://downdetector.com/status/t-mo...ms-at-t-mobile
    I just realized I may have forgotten to mention I am on AT&T. I am located in California.

Seems like we have a general BBM outage that isn't specific to a carrier.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 01:31 PM
    Resolved the problem this morning. Spent over an hour with T-Mobile and a Blackberry rep. Just do a soft reset. Hold the up and down volumes at the same time. Not the same as resetting by holding down the power button. This reset should reset all applications. Let me know if this works for you.
    Had a moment to also try a soft reset and it worked like a champ for me I am back up and running and BBM is working as usual.

So for those of you that may still be experiencing issues give the soft reset and try and see what happens.

Here is my next question though, what is the difference between a reset using the volume buttons as compared to holding down the lock button at the top and waiting for the shut down prompt to come up and selecting restart?

Posted via CB10
    vincentkong likes this.
    08-27-15 03:33 PM