Hello...

Sorry if this is common knowledge. I did a quick search, but a quick answer wasn't forthcoming.

Is there a quick and easy way for Whatsapp to work on BB10. I used the Passport until Whatsapp stopped support, and I was forced to move to an Android device.

Android device stopped working, and I've got to pick a new phone quickly....Can't wait for the Key2....Would love to go back to Passport....but Whatsapp constitutes 50% of my usage.

My wife and I would get stressed by the continual messages/threats from Whatsapp stating the App would no longer work on device......Would only go back if there's a permanent solution.

Thanks in Advance...
    07-17-18 08:22 AM
    Hello...

Sorry if this is common knowledge. I did a quick search, but a quick answer wasn't forthcoming.

Is there a quick and easy way for Whatsapp to work on BB10. I used the Passport until Whatsapp stopped support, and I was forced to move to an Android device.

Android device stopped working, and I've got to pick a new phone quickly....Can't wait for the Key2....Would love to go back to Passport....but Whatsapp constitutes 50% of my usage.

My wife and I would get stressed by the continual messages/threats from Whatsapp stating the App would no longer work on device......Would only go back if there's a permanent solution.

Thanks in Advance...
    You can download WhatsApp directly from WhatsApp's website. The android version works on the Passport. In order to send or receive pictures or videos, you will need to insert an SD card into your device and download WhatsFixer from BlackBerry World. Just follow the steps. I'm using the actual, full version on my Passport right now. No worries.
    07-17-18 09:07 AM
    You can download WhatsApp directly from WhatsApp's website. The android version works on the Passport. In order to send or receive pictures or videos, you will need to insert an SD card into your device and download WhatsFixer from BlackBerry World. Just follow the steps. I'm using the actual, full version on my Passport right now. No worries.
    Yes, follow this procedure, it works perfectly fine.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-18 11:32 AM
    Kinda risky. Android WhatsApp on BB10 has been acting up lately.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-stop-1151589/
    07-17-18 11:33 AM
    Hello...

Thanks in Advance...
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...olved-1108531/

Posted via CB10
    07-17-18 11:34 AM

Yes, I've had the issues mentioned in the link. I've deleted the message thread and started a new one and it worked but it's popping up with other contacts now.

Not sure if I'll do anymore whatsapp updates.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    07-17-18 08:53 PM

I had only once this problem in my Classic. I restarted the phone and the problem disappeared.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-18 02:19 AM
    I'm using the one from https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

Works fine
    07-19-18 08:51 PM
    Also what I found out is whenever you want to update whatapps (andriod version) you should stop the program in device monitor before updating...since I'm doing this everytime there is an update it works fine

BOOMessaging from My Red Blackberry Passport
    07-21-18 02:17 PM
    To add, Whatfixer only requires to run once

BOOMessaging from My Red Blackberry Passport
    07-21-18 02:18 PM
    I also just installed the android apk downloaded from the official website and works perfectly on my BlackBerry passport

Posted via CB10
    07-25-18 04:52 AM