...and that's ok.
    I've been getting flamed somewhat for venting about how I hate Android and Google and told how I should not be trying to "turn my Android product into a Blackberry". Duly noted and thanks for stating the obvious. You have won the Internet smug superiority award. Now, for the rest of us that really still like BB10 OS, we'll manage quite well without the brow beating. While I plan to rock some flavor of Passport until there's no more network functionality, I also have another active sim that I have recently got a new Android for. It runs Pie/ version 9 and I have discovered that it's really more cumbersome than earlier versions of Android. I will state again that I pretty much despise Google. If it offends some people that I desire to bring some familiarity of BB10 to Android then haters are gonna hate.
    Until a viable option to replace Android comes along, then I will play with, tinker and tweak that crap Pie OS until I feel it's usable to my tastes.
    Apps don't impress me so I don't need them for my Passport. I have decided that I will keep the Passport primarily for email and text messages. PKB is the way to go.
    BB10 forever baby, or as long it remains functional. It has proved to be quite the workhorse.

Posted via CB10
    parryberry likes this.
    07-11-20 08:57 PM
    ...and that's ok.
    I've been getting flamed somewhat for venting about how I hate Android and Google and told how I should not be trying to "turn my Android product into a Blackberry". Duly noted and thanks for stating the obvious. You have won the Internet smug superiority award. Now, for the rest of us that really still like BB10 OS, we'll manage quite well without the brow beating. While I plan to rock some flavor of Passport until there's no more network functionality, I also have another active sim that I have recently got a new Android for. It runs Pie/ version 9 and I have discovered that it's really more cumbersome than earlier versions of Android. I will state again that I pretty much despise Google. If it offends some people that I desire to bring some familiarity of BB10 to Android then haters are gonna hate.
    Until a viable option to replace Android comes along, then I will play with, tinker and tweak that crap Pie OS until I feel it's usable to my tastes.
    Apps don't impress me so I don't need them for my Passport. I have decided that I will keep the Passport primarily for email and text messages. PKB is the way to go.
    BB10 forever baby, or as long it remains functional. It has proved to be quite the workhorse.

Posted via CB10
    Ok.
    07-11-20 09:54 PM
    ...and that's ok.

Posted via CB10
    Just wanting to save you time and some aggravation. If you want to come and vent about the death of BB10, or how Android isn’t BB10, that’s ok, we knew that long ago since 99% of us had to move on.
    07-12-20 08:57 AM
    ...and that's ok.

Posted via CB10
    Another folk not abandoning ship

Posted via CB10
    07-12-20 08:57 AM
    From what you wrote can we assume you are dual-carrying?
    07-12-20 09:00 AM
    Couldn't agree more: BB10 forever!
    07-12-20 07:14 PM
    Couldn't agree more: BB10 forever!
    That’s not remotely even possible anymore.
    07-12-20 09:17 PM
    Just wanting to save you time and some aggravation. If you want to come and vent about the death of BB10, or how Android isn’t BB10, that’s ok, we knew that long ago since 99% of us had to move on.
    For me BB10 wasn't functional in 2013....

I get that people are different and have different needs... for some BB10 in 2020 is fine. For most it seems it's just OK if they have another "smart" device to fill the gaps.

In the end whatever works for each individual is fine at this point... supporting the current BlackBerry is no longer necessary. I feel bad for those that loved HUB+ so much - but between those that haven't supported it by getting off BB10 sooner or by paying for subscriptions. You don't pay, eventually you don't play...
    07-13-20 07:38 AM
    wait you are still using two cans a string...no
    07-13-20 08:28 AM
    07-13-20 08:28 AM
    I like using BB10, but I know it's not practical to use on a daily basis. I use my Passport every once in a while to get away from the distractions that became the new normal. I'll take it with me when I go out for dinner with the wife, or out for a long bike ride, where I just need a phone for an emergency.

Other then that it's a nice "Coffee-Table" device, or conversation piece of earlier days

It is what it is

Posted via CB10
    07-13-20 09:21 AM
    wait you are still using two cans a string...no
    Isn’t that what everyone uses in 2020?
    07-13-20 10:39 AM