Not sure if this has already been mentioned

Waited and waited and read up about the Priv and devoured every review. Finally decided that Android wasn't for me yet so today took delivery of Passport SE.

All good, and I was keen to speak to tech support (30 days free support, remember) as I have been having issues backing up my Q10 and thought that when I did device switch they could help.

Recorded message said as soon as I dialled that Blackberry is no longer offering 30 day support on BB10

Smack in the face for loyal supporters, or what? And does that make me feel like wanting to continue supporting the company?
    11-16-15 10:33 AM
    Congratulations on your new Passport. It's a great device, you'll love it. Let us know if you need any help with set up or other issues you may be having. There are plenty of folks around that can help you out.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 10:38 AM
    That's unfortunate about the lack of support from BlackBerry. I've never needed or wanted manufacturer support, so I've never missed it, but I can understand how it would be annoying if you expected to have some support and they offered none.

That said, I hope you enjoy using your Passport and we're here to help, if needed. Honestly, the members on this forum are likely to be more helpful than customer support anyway.
    11-16-15 11:25 AM
    What number did you dial? I dialed the one on the card that came with the Silver Edition (1-877-552-5532), and it asks me to select a language to speak to a representative in.

Edit: Entered 1 for English, was told that "this offer for complimentary support has been discontinued".

Seriously, BlackBerry? You still sell the device! Quite the kick to the face to anybody who throws down $600 for this, especially after the build quality issues. Granted, the most I've ever used the line for was to complain when I received a shoddy device. Maybe they were tired of that.
    Last edited by senornathan; 11-16-15 at 11:44 AM.
    11-16-15 11:25 AM
    Tech support is time consuming and useless.
    Short of warranty issues, you can probably find all the information you need on the forum.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 11:52 AM
    Tech support is time consuming and useless.
    Short of warranty issues, you can probably find all the information you need on the forum.

Posted via CB10
    Still a nasty surprise to find that complimentary support offer in the box doesn't even apply while the device is still for sale. I'd understand if they waited a month after the device was discontinued, but it's still for sale on ShopBlackBerry. You throw down $600, and find your only options for support are to either use forums or pay more to BlackBerry? Just not right, even if the little card says this can happen.
    yyz321 and kbz1960 like this.
    11-16-15 12:05 PM
    Thanks for the replies this was UK support but sure it would have gone to the same call centre.

Yes, a kick in the face after shelling out a lot of money. But if they instigated that policy so rapidly after releasing the Priv, it shows that they are closing the doors on BB10 very swiftly. Which is a real shame.

The call centre, after suggesting I contact my service provider as first resort (!!), did very kindly direct me to the Blackberry knowledge base, but that site is a mess. I will try sorting via this much more useful arena. I really don't want to give up on my new SE and BB10 even if its makers seem to have done.
    11-16-15 12:10 PM
    I can believe people actually call up support lines these days? Problems are all over the Internet and fixes what could take you 5 seconds to sort out online then wait in a cue on the phone to people who probably Don't know much anyway.

Posted via CB10
    moosbb and Barbareren like this.
    11-16-15 12:18 PM
    WOW.. another reason now to hate Blackberry as a company. I enticed quite a few people recently to buy passports and Z30s but now I have to turn them away. I was even on the verge of buying a load of Leaps to bring to DR but forget that now. I rather them not get my money at all if they are just going to invest in Android platforms. Only way ill spend a dime on any Blackberry products or services is if a product I am interested appears on the horizon.
    Last edited by fingernipp; 11-16-15 at 01:50 PM.
    11-16-15 12:25 PM
    It's free (or I paid a huge lot for it with the phone) and haven't seen a solution anywhere else… check Link issues
    11-16-15 01:53 PM
    WOW.. another reason now to hate Blackberry as a company. I enticed quite a few people recently to buy passports and Z30s but now I have to turn them away. I was even on the verge of buying a load of Leaps to bring to DR but forget that now. I rather them not get my money at all if they are just going to invest in Android platforms. Only way ill spend a dime on any Blackberry products or services is if a product I am interested appears on the horizon.
    Why be so pissed? BB10 has been on the market for years. Holding someone's hands for 30 days is over and above for any product. It doesn't make sense or cents to do it. I don't want to pay a premium to educate the public either. Not good for anyone.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    11-16-15 02:13 PM
    May not be relevant to the OP based in the UK, but for the benefit of others, I've been receiving very good BlackBerry tech support from AT&T folks. Granted that's for devices - one Passport and one Classic - I bought from them through contract, but my questions have been BlackBerry OS-related. The rep I most recently spoke with, late summer time frame, indicated that they had access to BlackBerry techs on referral basis. Bottom line: try your carrier, and just maybe you'll get some unexpected help.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 12:37 PM
    I love the way they are defended for not providing something they should.

So if an iPhone 5 user calls apple support are they told sorry?
    11-17-15 12:44 PM
    The BlackBerry Customer Support team

NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    France Toll Free: 00800 255 23771
    Germany Toll Free: 00800 255 23771
    Europe: (+44) 1753558400
    Australia Toll Free: 0011-800-255-23771
    World Wide: (+11) 647 426 1108
    Contact BlackBerry Support - Online Resources - Call BlackBerry - US
    BlackBerry Support
    BlackBerry Training
    11-17-15 04:21 PM
    I love the way they are defended for not providing something they should.

So if an iPhone 5 user calls apple support are they told sorry?
    Ummm this is about a 30 day hold my hand and change diapers support. Not general support. Plus iphone users pay through the nose for general support. Hell they aren't getting much on the devices.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    11-17-15 04:41 PM
    If they include a small card on the box telling the buyer that they will get a 30-day support, they have to provide that... otherwise, they have to remove that small card PRIVilege...

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 07:19 PM
    Isn't this a chronic issue with BlackBerry? I remember years ago when Apple got such kudos for great support, while BlackBerry continued to direct ALL consumer questions to the individual carriers. They only started attempting to build their own support capabilities after their relationships with carriers became so shaky.

Microsoft has had the same historical approach (problem with Windows? Call Dell!) and has only ramped up their own support program recently. (but in Microsoft's case, they seem to be doing a very good job.)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    11-17-15 08:29 PM
    Isn't this a chronic issue with BlackBerry? I remember years ago when Apple got such kudos for great support, while BlackBerry continued to direct ALL consumer questions to the individual carriers. They only started attempting to build their own support capabilities after their relationships with carriers became so shaky.

Microsoft has had the same historical approach (problem with Windows? Call Dell!) and has only ramped up their own support program recently. (but in Microsoft's case, they seem to be doing a very good job.)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    Agreed, this has been an issue for blackberry for a while. It seems that if you aren't a company looking for support, blackberry won't do much for you.

Blackberry has made this mistake countless times. I get that BES is huge money for them, and they want to provide support there. But if you sell to consumers, you have to consider them your customers as well.

Going back to the card for 30 day service, this is a PRIME example of BlackBerry not paying attention to details.

I love you Blackberry, but come on, when are you going to wake up?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-18-15 01:02 PM