Even if you bought an iPhone or an Android device from 2014 you'd have some serious useability issues in 2020. That alone should be enough of an explanation. I don't think we need to drill things home more than that.
    My iPhone 6 could still be used as a daily driver. There are millions upon millions still in use. The 6 is finally off the list of OS updates but most users do not care.

In my view BB10 phones are just for hobbyists notwithstanding that some use these devices for business emails.
    02-10-20 02:35 PM
    Exactly, like always happened every time BB upgraded the OS and people got mad as many supporters moved to next step. BBOS to BB10 and BBAndroid without accepting that BB was just attempting to save their own skin.
    Bit unsure what you are trying to say..

Sure you don't mean BlackBerry Android phones failed due to people still liking BB10

I have had all of them, apart from the LE, still got the Keyone BE which is a great phone, I just prefer the Passport for emails etc

But certainly don't knock anyone for using or liking them ...

Thought at this stage of the BlackBerry life span we should enjoy the pleasure keyboard phones have given us, . ....not tell people to move on

That might be forced on us soon enough....

Posted via CB10
    02-10-20 02:38 PM
    Bit unsure what you are trying to say..

Sure you don't mean BlackBerry Android phones failed due to people still liking BB10

I have had all of them, apart from the LE, still got the Keyone BE which is a great phone, I just prefer the Passport for emails etc

But certainly don't knock anyone for using or liking them ...

Thought at this stage of the BlackBerry life span we should enjoy the pleasure keyboard phones have given us, . ....not tell people to move on

That might be forced on us soon enough....

Posted via CB10
    Simply that commenting on people’s choices is part of CrackBerry either way that’s all.
    02-10-20 02:53 PM
    Tell me one app which allows online pay, like Gpay or any other app which is a very very basic need! Can you name one which works perfect?
    Wait, what? Did I miss something here? Since when did Gpay become a "very basic need"? I've not seen anyone actually use it here yet. A few people use Apple Pay. I don't even recall seeing any retailer advertising they accept Gpay. I've seen plenty advertise taking Alipay or Wechat (and I'm not even in Asia).

Seems like you might be inhabiting some pretty exclusive neighbourhood for something like that to be a "basic need". :-)

You know what I call basic need for smartphone?
    Voice, text, email, Internet, GPS & camera. Most apps are pretty much luxury. Can one do banking with just a browser? Yes. Buy and pay for stuff online (Amazon, eBay, etc) with just a browser? Yes.

I accept your basic needs may differ!

Posted via CB10
    saint300 likes this.
    02-10-20 03:55 PM
    Exactly, like always happened every time BB upgraded the OS and people got mad as many supporters moved to next step. BBOS to BB10 and BBAndroid without accepting that BB was just attempting to save their own skin.
    I think most users just did what was best for them as individuals. Outside of these forums, which account for only a tiny, strongly biased sample of BlackBerry users, I have never heard any user of BBOS, BB10, or BlackBerry Android (or Android or iOS, for matter) voice any strong opinions about any of the topics hotly contested around here.

Most BBOS users were either enterprise clients, who used whatever they were given by their IT teams, or consumers who wanted mobile email and the status symbol that BlackBerry represented in the mid 00s.

Almost all of the consumers preferred the iPhone, when it became an.option, for the social network apps, FaceTime, and mobile Web, not to mention iTunes and video playback. When enterprises switched to BYOD to save money in the great recession, many enterprise users became consumers and acting just like other consumers.

Only a handful of the BlackBerry power users and faithful made the leap to BB10, often after having tried iOS and/or Android circa 2010-12. The rest had already moved on. Some, who still liked BBOS stayed behind.

The transition to Android was similarly segmented, with everyone doing what made the list sense for them.

It's not the job of end users to be loyal to for-profit companies. Everyone should be as rational as possible to maximize their own utility. Certainly that's what I try to do!

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 02-11-20 at 06:35 AM.
    Laura Knotek and pdr733 like this.
    02-10-20 04:42 PM
    Never really understood why someone wants to knock /slag off someone else's choice of phone
    What's it got to do with anybody else

Some people must have a really sad life if that's all that's important to them....bigger issues in life

Posted via CB10
    Back in around 2013, tools not toys years. Most people here slaged off everything in iphone, and proudly state if they could turn or convert people from iphone to BB10 (is it cult forums or something lol :P) like they have nothing better to do in life. Seriously, like cancer...
    02-10-20 08:28 PM
    Back in around 2013, tools not toys years. Most people here slaged off everything in iphone, and proudly state if they could turn or convert people from iphone to BB10 (is it cult forums or something lol :P) like they have nothing better to do in life. Seriously, like cancer...
    I was grateful that BB10 rescued me from a very unproductive iPhone experience. I can't even begin to describe how awful the iPhone was for my work in 2012-13!

But, to your point, I agree. I've never understood the need of some people to "recruit" others to their favorite device or OS. What do I care what someone else uses?

I come here because I enjoy hearing about how other people think about mobile phones, especially since much of it is completely alien to what I do.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 02-12-20 at 04:32 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-10-20 09:55 PM
    But, to your point, I've never understood the need of some people to "recruit" others ton their favorite device or OS. What do I care what someone else uses?
    You’re not one of them then. I’m wondering where are those people now.
    02-10-20 10:28 PM
    Frankly, I do not understand why such topic is being given such high priority. It really sounds like talking about a matter of immediate worldwide importance. The fact that many people who still appreciate this product (and by no means constitute any current profitable market niche) does not grant the OP the authority to mix up practical convenience / obvious limitations with urgent appeals to give up our fully functional devices today.

Trying to look at this topic as entertaining also does not work, at least for me. If the OP was after the idea to explain in detail what potential risks purchasing a Passport in 2020 has for users who may have not been sufficiently informed about the limitations, I cannot sense this intent here in this topic. OP's very personal negative perception of the product do not contribute to potential users being accurately informed on the problems they may face when purchasing such device today. It is like me saying that all Android/iOS devices are useless which I have never done, despite being a keen BB10 and Passport fan, used to own an Android device and was happy at that time.

It seems the OP thinks that the Passport users and more specifically, the people using BB10 only, are just a disappointed minority who learned how to live with the limitations. What does the author of the topic know about my very own personal usage and experience with the phone? How do you justify your statements with real statistics? Have you ever made the effort to gather statistics in order to present your point as valid which would lead to a constructive warning? Why do you think that imposing your own user disappointment on other users would seem fun, nice or hold water? From its beginning the topic is conveyed by farce. I really did not get why you mentioned the topic about the PP's camera capabilities. This topic, as well as many others posted by other Passport fans were warmly welcomed and people are still finding such topics useful, so there was a good trace of interest and constructive discussion.

It's probably me having some trouble how things work. You said that we need to back up our PP on our laptops. What actually happened to me a couple of days ago was that I had my laptop backed up on my PP and the laptop's HDD suddenly failed and I had everything on my Passport and quickly switched to another backup workstation. We all know that it has limitations. How can you actually prove that these "limitations" are actual limiting factors during everyday usage for many people? You render the device useless and I need proof of this, real proof, not the statement that users who had been insufficiently informed made the wrong purchase or indirect inferences based on assumptions. You totally disregard personal user needs and aim at unifying requirements in order to justify the rant, not an intriguing approach indeed...
    saint300 and Simon6333 like this.
    02-11-20 04:12 AM
    Frankly, I do not understand why such topic is being given such high priority. It really sounds like talking about a matter of immediate worldwide importance. The fact that many people who still appreciate this product (and by no means constitute any current profitable market niche) does not grant the OP the authority to mix up practical convenience / obvious limitations with urgent appeals to give up our fully functional devices today.

Trying to look at this topic as entertaining also does not work, at least for me. If the OP was after the idea to explain in detail what potential risks purchasing a Passport in 2020 has for users who may have not been sufficiently informed about the limitations, I cannot sense this intent here in this topic. OP's very personal negative perception of the product do not contribute to potential users being accurately informed on the problems they may face when purchasing such device today. It is like me saying that all Android/iOS devices are useless which I have never done, despite being a keen BB10 and Passport fan, used to own an Android device and was happy at that time.

It seems the OP thinks that the Passport users and more specifically, the people using BB10 only, are just a disappointed minority who learned how to live with the limitations. What does the author of the topic know about my very own personal usage and experience with the phone? How do you justify your statements with real statistics? Have you ever made the effort to gather statistics in order to present your point as valid which would lead to a constructive warning? Why do you think that imposing your own user disappointment on other users would seem fun, nice or hold water? From its beginning the topic is conveyed by farce. I really did not get why you mentioned the topic about the PP's camera capabilities. This topic, as well as many others posted by other Passport fans were warmly welcomed and people are still finding such topics useful, so there was a good trace of interest and constructive discussion.

It's probably me having some trouble how things work. You said that we need to back up our PP on our laptops. What actually happened to me a couple of days ago was that I had my laptop backed up on my PP and the laptop's HDD suddenly failed and I had everything on my Passport and quickly switched to another backup workstation. We all know that it has limitations. How can you actually prove that these "limitations" are actual limiting factors during everyday usage for many people? You render the device useless and I need proof of this, real proof, not the statement that users who had been insufficiently informed made the wrong purchase or indirect inferences based on assumptions. You totally disregard personal user needs and aim at unifying requirements in order to justify the rant, not an intriguing approach indeed...
    OHH that's a long screenplay above, jux give me 1 day to read!
    A curious question, are you script writer in profession? Coz you really put in so much efforts!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-20 07:49 AM
    OHH that's a long screenplay above, jux give me 1 day to read!
    A curious question, are you script writer in profession? Coz you really put in so much efforts!

Posted via CB10
    My profession has zero significance relative to the topic we are talking about and the question about my profession is not "curious", it is impertinent. You are labelling my response a "screenplay". I haven't made much effort writing this at all because I use the speech to text function of my "dead" blackberry passport which you're asking me to throw away in this topic. I know it is extremely painful to read a well-justified text instead of a one-line reply that carries no meaning. This wasn't so long to read, was it?
    02-11-20 09:09 AM
    My profession has zero significance relative to the topic we are talking about and the question about my profession is not "curious", it is impertinent. You are labelling my response a "screenplay". I haven't made much effort writing this at all because I use the speech to text function of my "dead" blackberry passport which you're asking me to throw away in this topic. I know it is extremely painful to read a well-justified text instead of a one-line reply that carries no meaning. This wasn't so long to read, was it?
    I never asked you to throw away anything! Did I?
    Good efforts I must say ! But why do you want me to respond to things iv already said before? If there's anything else let me know!!!
    GOD BLESS!!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-20 10:32 AM
    I never asked you to throw away anything! Did I?
    Good efforts I must say ! But why do you want me to respond to things iv already said before? If there's anything else let me know!!!
    GOD BLESS!!

Posted via CB10
    Let's back up.

Who is your intended audience for this thread?

1) Newbies only?

2) BB10 users who promote BB10 products to said newbies?

3) BB10 users who do NOT promote BB10 products to said newbies?

Please respond only with one, or a combination of, number(s).
    02-11-20 10:38 AM
    Why does this thread even exist. The people who accept BlackBerry is dead and are willing to move on will. As for the other people who still enjoy using their BlackBerry devices (Passport or other), they will continue to use them as long as they see fit.

The thread basically adds no value whatsoever. If you want to move on, please do. Leave the rest of us out of your decision.

Posted via CB10
    falbo likes this.
    02-11-20 11:18 AM
    Why does this thread even exist. The people who accept BlackBerry is dead and are willing to move on will. As for the other people who still enjoy using their BlackBerry devices (Passport or other), they will continue to use them as long as they see fit.

The thread basically adds no value whatsoever. If you want to move on, please do. Leave the rest of us out of your decision.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is dead however there’s always dead body surfing. When you fall off the keyboard, they soften the fall
    02-11-20 11:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree! Another nonsensical thread getting way more traction than its value.

Posted via my Passport
    02-11-20 03:24 PM
    Let's back up.

Who is your intended audience for this thread?

1) Newbies only?

2) BB10 users who promote BB10 products to said newbies?

3) BB10 users who do NOT promote BB10 products to said newbies?

Please respond only with one, or a combination of, number(s).
    Mostly newbies!!! Who have recently joined CB and newbies who are planing to buy the passport!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-20 11:56 PM
    Mostly newbies!!! Who have recently joined CB and newbies who are planing to buy the passport!

Posted via CB10
    So perhaps the title of the thread should be changed to something like "BB10 may not be a viable option for those not familiar with the platform", instead of the current inflammatory title.
    02-12-20 12:03 AM
    I'm now confused if people own a BBphone? or does the phone own them?

Posted via CB10
    My Passport totally owns me and tells me what to do and where to go. Lately it has told me to buy another Passport.
    I think it's acting like a drug addiction and I want more.... more..!!!!

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    02-12-20 08:20 AM
    My Passport totally owns me and tells me what to do and where to go. Lately it has told me to buy another Passport.

Is that a good sign? If for collection it might be fine, but for use I don't think so today!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-20 08:26 AM

I can hear my passport during the night. Keeps repeating ' turn me on,turn me on '.
    Either that or it's the wife ;-)

Posted via my Awesome passport
    02-12-20 08:27 AM
    I can hear my passport during the night. Keeps repeating ' turn me on,turn me on '.
    Either that or it's the wife ;-)

Posted via my Awesome passport
    Pretty sure I'd figure out which it was....
    02-12-20 08:32 AM
    Lol.
    02-12-20 08:35 AM
    Is that a good sign? If for collection it might be fine, but for use I don't think so today!

Posted via CB10
    And you've said that so many times that it has really become tiring. And since you wanted to share your thoughts about this with everyone here, fine, you did just that. Now is the time to let new people decide for themselves, after reading this thread and a whole bunch of actually more helpful ones with regards to BB10 and/or the Passport.
    richdb likes this.
    02-12-20 08:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    Oh I'm definitely a user but don't tell the authorities.

02-12-20 08:51 AM
180 ... 5678