Thank you all for your opinion and advice. For my lifestyle, I need one device that does everything I need it to, which used to be BB, but since the recent lack of app support and OS updates, I had to start considering my options.
    06-20-16 10:15 PM
    This has been an interesting thread to read.
    Two years ago, anyone on Crackberry, seriously posting about using any other phone but a BlackBerry 10 phone, would have been branded a troll, their post erased and they would have gotten the boot.
    And now it's accepted as a reality to use other platforms in order to supplement the now inherent inadequacies of an OS10 phone.
    Yesterday I couldn't log in to an account on my Q10, but when I tried it on my iPhone, I logged right in.
    I think that there are issues that, sooner than later, are going to manifest with browser use on OS10 that many of us, if any of us anticipated.

Posted via CB10
    bbafdad likes this.
    06-21-16 12:00 AM
    This has been an interesting thread to read.
    Two years ago, anyone on Crackberry, seriously posting about using any other phone but a BlackBerry 10 phone, would have been branded a troll, their post erased and they would have gotten the boot.
    And now it's accepted as a reality to use other platforms in order to supplement the now inherent inadequacies of an OS10 phone.
    Yesterday I couldn't log in to an account on my Q10, but when I tried it on my iPhone, I logged right in.
    I think that there are issues that, sooner than later, are going to manifest with browser use on OS10 that many of us, if any of us anticipated.

Posted via CB10
    I have had one website for the last year that won't let me log in -- Bovada.lv -- a gambling website. I have no idea why. It's a foreign website but not sure why that should matter. It would on Windows, I know that.

But I think our browsers are going to work for a long time. I could probably pick up my Playbook right now and do websurfing without any problem.
    bbafdad likes this.
    06-21-16 03:16 AM
    He mentions he is a new user.

Nobody has suggested yet that he install Cobalt's patches. He could also use Snap. My banking app, airline apps, HBO, Showtime, all require Google services. They all work fine if you just take a few minutes to bridge the app gap.

Posted via CB10
    Why would they suggest cobalt, they are too busy showing their true colors!

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    06-21-16 05:31 AM
    Thank you all for your opinion and advice. For my lifestyle, I need one device that does everything I need it to, which used to be BB, but since the recent lack of app support and OS updates, I had to start considering my options.
    If you need an all in one device, check out the Priv. It's android with a few licks of BlackBerry on it. It's not a bad phone. My Priv just got updated to Marshmallow so I'm testing it on wifi only first to see if the battery holds up, which was one of the bigger gripes I had with the phone overall.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789 
    bbafdad likes this.
    06-21-16 06:33 AM
    You pose an intersting question: but I am skeptical. It seems to me that 'advances' in smartphones are largely on the software side. Most phones have very serviceable cameras, good GPS, lots of storage, excellent screens and very good processors. So, where the smartphone from here? There will always be some who want the latest and greatest but...lots of people are happy with the devices they have. So, frankly, I don't think I'll change for some time. I have two passports. A backup should BlackBerry exit the device business.

Posted via CB10
    bbafdad likes this.
    06-21-16 10:06 AM
    Best solution if you still want to be part of the BB OS 10 world is to get an additional device - android or ios tablet/phone to pair with your blackberry. Alternatively most apps can be substituted by using the browser. Works to substitute a majority of apps and the experience is very good actually.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yup, I do this now. I actually got my beloved Z30 first, then paired it up with an iPhone 6 Plus. But I didn't stop there. This past new year's I got my Cobalt Blue Classic. I definitely got the best of both worlds. I think the big iPhone and Classic make a great combo, as the former is my "peace of mind" device for apps and pics/vids while my BlackBerry device is for messaging.

Posted via CB10 on my VZW Z30
    06-21-16 09:17 PM
    Why would they suggest cobalt, they are too busy showing their true colors!

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    I tried Cobalt's patches and where they did work but they totally consumed my battery life!!
    06-21-16 11:15 PM
    I tried Cobalt's patches and where they did work but they totally consumed my battery life!!
    You did it wrong then. They don't use any significant battery at all.
    06-22-16 09:12 AM
    You did it wrong then. They don't use any significant battery at all.
    I installed and reinstalled two other times with the same result...followed the instructions to the letter...
    06-22-16 09:16 PM
    Greetings to all~
    Had BB in the past and I am really wanting a Passport. Sick of the Apple stuff ~But I am reading about some of the ISSUES that you all are having...now I am a little scared...Yikes. So what is the cut and dried version of the phone.....will it have problems...So NO banking apps???

Just want some feed back...PS I have 3 old BB's from the OLD days that I loved but there was not all the apps then. Let me know what you think. Thank you Suzy
    06-23-16 07:11 PM
    Greetings to all~
    Had BB in the past and I am really wanting a Passport. Sick of the Apple stuff ~But I am reading about some of the ISSUES that you all are having...now I am a little scared...Yikes. So what is the cut and dried version of the phone.....will it have problems...So NO banking apps???

Just want some feed back...PS I have 3 old BB's from the OLD days that I loved but there was not all the apps then. Let me know what you think. Thank you Suzy
    It's a great phone. The ultimate BB10 device.

Long term, you have to want to buy one because your priorities are: phone, email, and BBM.

If you have the need for a lot of apps, you may wish to look elsewhere. Social apps, banking apps, MS Office, EMM, and gaming are not generally available.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    06-23-16 07:20 PM
    Greetings to all~

Tell us what apps you need. That's the only way for us to tell you if you should get it. I love my Passport.
    06-23-16 07:26 PM
    Here is something to consider: the browser not being able to access some websites.
    This happened to me today and it's the second website in a month that gave me this message.
    I'm a contractor and not to be able to access a city website is huge out in the field.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 08:39 PM
    You gotta bite the bullet, get Cobalt's solution on there, and get Opera or whatever else browsers have the latest HTML5 and CSS3 implementations. Native BlackBerry browser will only continue to get more broken-er over time. :-(

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 09:33 PM
    Blackberry should be keeping the browser up so long as they are selling devices -- at a bare minimum!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 02:00 AM
    Why are we so concerned about the future??...will bb10 survive? Will Whatsapp work after 2016? The future is always uncertain. The future is always confusing. It has been like that and it will always be. IMHO if one person is talking about something, it's alive. And here there is a whole bunch of us. BlackBerry is still alive, and imo this time they are on the right path. Bb10 is a near perfect os, so use it. Use it till it's there. The one thing that drives all of us is the uniqueness of the device. We love how we do things differently from others. And that's enough to keep BlackBerry alive.

You will always get the chance to buy an iphone later, too bad I can't say that for the passport. The time for bb10 is now. Make the most of it.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-16-16 04:55 AM
    If the Passport isn't working for you now... it's not going to get any better. Keep the 6s until you find a devcies that meets your needs better. BlackBerry is only releasing the one PKB mid range device the end of this summer. But who knows when it will be release in your market, it will be a slow rollout - even if they go to a direct sales method.

Now if you don't really need those apps and can live without using them for several months.. by all means keep the Passport.
    If possible and financially feasible, keep the 6S until we know what happens in the next few months. That also is important of the app gap on the BB10 is a major show stopper for you. So, a dual OS strategy might be a safe option now. I have both a Passport and an iPhone 6 as my main phone's as I have to use two different mobile lines. So, the App gap is not a problem for me. Whatever not available for BB10 I use on the iPhone but for most of my activities the Passport is my primary device...
    bbafdad likes this.
    07-16-16 12:27 PM
    Why are we so concerned about the future??...will bb10 survive? Will Whatsapp work after 2016? The future is always uncertain. The future is always confusing. It has been like that and it will always be. IMHO if one person is talking about something, it's alive. And here there is a whole bunch of us. BlackBerry is still alive, and imo this time they are on the right path. Bb10 is a near perfect os, so use it. Use it till it's there. The one thing that drives all of us is the uniqueness of the device. We love how we do things differently from others. And that's enough to keep BlackBerry alive.

You will always get the chance to buy an iphone later, too bad I can't say that for the passport. The time for bb10 is now. Make the most of it.

Posted via CB10
    I can't agree more with you.
    07-18-16 08:40 AM
294 ... 101112