Can we all agree that each and every one of us on this thread will be using either iOS or Android as our daily driver within the next couple of years? We're really just arguing about the timing. In 2018, there will be nothing to argue about.
    06-06-16 03:10 PM
    Can we all agree that each and every one of us on this thread will be using either iOS or Android as our daily driver within the next couple of years? We're really just arguing about the timing. In 2018, there will be nothing to argue about.
    No, we can't agree on that.

I'm still using a BlackBerry Bold 9930 - 5 years after it was released.
    06-06-16 03:25 PM

I'm still using a BlackBerry Bold 9930 - 5 years after it was released.
    Cool. Up until over a month ago, I was still using the Blackberry Bold 9780. That phone served me well. (Sidenote: I have to say, I miss swappable batteries.)
    bbafdad likes this.
    06-06-16 03:52 PM
    My BlackBerry Passport is my daily driver. It's my phone, email, computer, etc.

As far as social media is concerned, I use Facebook via the BlackBerry Browser, and find that it works better than the popular app I was using.

My old boss gave me an iPhone 6 Plus to use while I was testing BES12. Compared to BB 10, the iOS felt very clunky and klugey, and lacking in features. After three weeks I never used it again. They've got lots of app, but I find the in many cases, the mobile browser page works better.

I would get a Priv for the apps (for those particular apps that won't run on my Passport), but I don't want to sell my soul to Google, or marry them, either, and I don't want them using my phone as a gold mine.

The Passport is such a beautiful and power phone, I'll stick with it as long as I can.
    bbafdad and moosbb like this.
    06-06-16 04:21 PM

As far as social media is concerned, I use Facebook via the BlackBerry Browser, and find that it works better than the popular app I was using.

My old boss gave me an iPhone 6 Plus to use while I was testing BES12. Compared to BB 10, the iOS felt very clunky and klugey, and lacking in features. After three weeks I never used it again. They've got lots of app, but I find the in many cases, the mobile browser page works better.

I would get a Priv for the apps (for those particular apps that won't run on my Passport), but I don't want to sell my soul to Google, or marry them, either, and I don't want them using my phone as a gold mine.

The Passport is such a beautiful and power phone, I'll stick with it as long as I can.
    As a fellow Passport owner I can understand the feeling of having an expensive, yet somehow incomplete phone. I try to look at the positives. Yes I don't get all my notifications for Facebook, yet it allows me to not be glued constantly to my phone. Yes it doesn't have all the latest apps, but that allows me to concentrate and again not have to be on my phone 24/7.

I use an iPad for the Apps and even then I try to check them minimally throughout the day. When I used my iPhone and even when I used the Priv, I felt that I had the phone on and was looking at some social network all the time.

That's part of the reason I keep up with Newfangled and his blogs. I wish I could go back to using a bold as a daily driver. I couldn't.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    bbafdad likes this.
    06-06-16 05:43 PM

I can definitely relate to the Facebook browser experience except with the browser you don't get instant notifications through the hub which is what I need for my business
    06-06-16 05:59 PM
    As a fellow Passport owner I can understand the feeling of having an expensive, yet somehow incomplete phone. I try to look at the positives. Yes I don't get all my notifications for Facebook, yet it allows me to not be glued constantly to my phone. Yes it doesn't have all the latest apps, but that allows me to concentrate and again not have to be on my phone 24/7.

I use an iPad for the Apps and even then I try to check them minimally throughout the day. When I used my iPhone and even when I used the Priv, I felt that I had the phone on and was looking at some social network all the time.

That's part of the reason I keep up with Newfangled and his blogs. I wish I could go back to using a bold as a daily driver. I couldn't.

I agree that I enjoy the extra time away from the phone, but missing clients' messages isn't something that I can continue to tolerate...
    06-06-16 06:52 PM
    I agree that I enjoy the extra time away from the phone, but missing clients' messages isn't something that I can continue to tolerate...
    If your running a business and are missing messages, that sucks. Sorry to hear about that.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789 
    06-06-16 07:11 PM
    Nope. I will be still using my Z30.
    bbafdad likes this.
    06-06-16 07:34 PM

It hasn't been easy going back to a 9930. But it has been quite liberating in the sense that I have fewer excuses to be glued to my phone's screen and when I do use my phone it's to actually communicate and do something meaningful rather than engage in mindless distraction.

I don't know how much longer I'll use this as my daily driver, but the only other phone I could use besides this one would be a BB10 phone - probably a Q10 or Classic. iPhones and Androids have their strengths, but they are designed to consume media and games. I'm fine using a secondary device like a tablet to do those things, but I don't really need them on the device I carry with me from sunup to sundown.

Posted from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    bbafdad likes this.
    06-06-16 08:56 PM
    It hasn't been easy going back to a 9930. But it has been quite liberating in the sense that I have fewer excuses to be glued to my phone's screen and when I do use my phone it's to actually communicate and do something meaningful rather than engage in mindless distraction.

I don't know how much longer I'll use this as my daily driver, but the only other phone I could use besides this one would be a BB10 phone - probably a Q10 or Classic. iPhones and Androids have their strengths, but they are designed to consume media and games. I'm fine using a secondary device like a tablet to do those things, but I don't really need them on the device I carry with me from sunup to sundown.

Posted from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    I always go back and forth with devices and OS's, but I find BlackBerry to be refreshing. I use an iPad and a 6Plus for the apps that I need. I'm not really an app guy. I'm actually thinking of going dark on pretty much all social media, at least for a bit.

06-07-16 11:50 AM
    I always go back and forth with devices and OS's, but I find BlackBerry to be refreshing. I use an iPad and a 6Plus for the apps that I need. I'm not really an app guy. I'm actually thinking of going dark on pretty much all social media, at least for a bit.

I permanently deleted my Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts in January and haven't looked back. I wish more of my family and friends realized communication is possible outside of Facebook, but concerns about privacy and ads have kept me away - not to mention the distraction factor.

I'll keep inviting them to BBM every few months and hope one day they will try it out.
    06-07-16 01:03 PM
    His mandate was to save the company AFTER the board already declared that BB10 was dead.
    It seems like he's not doing a very good job because the earnings reports keep going down.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    06-07-16 06:17 PM
    So I was hoping you guys could help give me some perspective and advice. I'm a brand new Passport Silver Edition owner, switching from iPhone 6s. I have a buyer for the 6s when I read about the Rome and Hamburg which are scheduled to be released this summer/fall. I love BB10!! But some Apps that I need on a daily basis like my banking App aren't offered on BlackBerry and even though I've managed to download/install most of the apps through Google Playstore, they either crash or don't run very smooth...Normally this wouldn't bother me much because BlackBerry has always been good about improving their OS, but many BlackBerry users have informed me that BlackBerry doesn't have plans to improve BB10 any longer. This has really got me considering the new Rome/Hamburg for my next device....My question to you all is should I keep the Passport until the Rome/Hamburg release or the iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    Use browser.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 06:24 PM
    It seems like he's not doing a very good job because the earnings reports keep going down.
    Incorrect.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 06:25 PM
    It takes a long time to turn a big ship.

For the last few quarters, they actually had a division of the company experience growth (software) - something they haven't seen in many years.

They also have a workforce level commensurate with their new objectives.

It's sad for people like me who want devices, but the company is trying to move to where money can be made.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    06-07-16 06:31 PM
    Nope. Must disagree. My 3 year old z10 is still firing on all cylinders.

I also have a Q5, z30, q10, Leap and Passport in the event that the z10 eventually wears out.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 11:47 PM
    Everything that you've read here regarding the demise of OS 10 and the hand sets becoming obsolete compared to other devices is true. Sad but true.
    We all held out hope for improvement and growth but it was not meant to be.
    If you count on a phone where the bugs will eventually be fixed or apps that you used on iOS or Android, you'll just be throwing your money away.
    That's what stopped me from purchasing an SE Passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 11:57 PM
    I can definitely relate to the Facebook browser experience except with the browser you don't get instant notifications through the hub which is what I need for my business
    Hello, sorry if it has already been suggested. But have you tried out "Face10 for Facebook"? It seems like it has hub Integration (Maybe only in the Pro Version).
    06-19-16 12:49 PM
    Another option is to get a cheap Android phone for about $200 to keep at home. And use that phone when you have to deposit a cheque. You can still use the BlackBerry 10 phone for other things.

Your bank should have a decent mobile website if you are just checking your balance.

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I've been doing. BB10 on the go. Android on my old S4 at home. It's worked out' well so far.

Posted via my awesome Blacberry 10 device.
    06-19-16 03:38 PM
    Best solution if you still want to be part of the BB OS 10 world is to get an additional device - android or ios tablet/phone to pair with your blackberry. Alternatively most apps can be substituted by using the browser. Works to substitute a majority of apps and the experience is very good actually.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-20-16 06:33 AM
    I bought two Android phones on Ebay to run dating apps. I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 08:01 PM
    We were a 100 percent Blackberry household until Chen pivoted from BB10 to android. We had moved on to Windows phone and enjoyed it but then Microsoft cut support for legacy Lumias on Windows Phone 10

So I have come back to BB10 on a Q10. I will keep using this even if it becomes a feature phone.

The lumia 1520 is still working and being updated. It will eventually be replaced by an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 08:17 PM
    Even wifey is ready for android phone due to lack of apps on WP. She buried her BlackBerry for the same reason. She looks at me and says basically "it's all ecosystem driven"

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-20-16 08:40 PM
    I bought two Android phones on Ebay to run dating apps. I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Posted via CB10
    Two phones for dating huh?

Mark my words Mark, that is the mark of a marksman in the market.

Just don't get the two phones mixed up....

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 09:25 PM
294 ... 9101112