I switched from iPhone to Android then back to BBRY. The Apps that don't exist in BBRY world I just go without. For banking, I don't trust even BBRY security so I do it old fashioned. BBRY is a great design, I have the classic and love it. Stick to the passport and show it off to the teller at the bank. A gentlemanly way to bank is in person.
    05-15-16 06:59 PM
    First off the mind control chips are not the worry................its the tin foil hats...I tell you.....its the hats!

Woof!
    It's not the government. It's Google and facebook recording your shopping habits and deciding what news you deserve to read and what food you have the right to eat.
    05-15-16 07:32 PM
    It's not the government. It's Google and facebook recording your shopping habits and deciding what news you deserve to read and what food you have the right to eat.
    Your point! Woof!
    05-15-16 07:44 PM
    I'll just list the facts here:
    1. BlackBerry 10 hasn't seen major updates in years and will only be getting security and maintenance updates.
    2. BlackBerry 10 staff is mostly fired.
    3. BlackBerry 10 is losing support form devs and big companies.
    4. We have no idea what the 'Hamburger' or the Rome will look like, or if they'll ever make it to the market.
    5. BlackBerry stated that if they can't get profits out of HW by September then they'll seriously consider closing it.
    6. Apple and Google are still doing fine.

So my summary of the above: BlackBerry's HW department, even running 'the Google', is still on life support, they might choke any day any minute. So I wouldn't buy anything from them unless the Hamburger and Rome sells big time.

I would advise you to stick with your iPhone. Or if you prefer the SE than that's cool too.
    If people don't support Blackberry and BBOS why are they here?
    05-15-16 07:52 PM
    Stay with the iPhone. It's all down hill for BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    Another ray of sunshine.
    05-15-16 07:53 PM
    Stick with BB10. They are getting ready to hire new staff and pick up where they left off. They have been talking to developers and are confident they can narrow the app gap. Are you happy now? seriously, this is what you and others really want to hear.It's total BS but since you dont really want the truth, go forward with this instead.

BB10 will never make a comeback. Ever! Users didn't buy it, developers didn't waste time on it and BB abandoned it. What would posses you to jump from a working OS to an OS that is supported by no one? Please dont come back with "it works for me" because clearly it doesn't. You need to wake up and realize that the company has abandoned you. While many BB10 users and Priv users will tell you to stay, why listen? The device doesn't do what you need. Did the iPhone work for you? If so, why dump it? did you dump it just so you could trade down and make things more difficult to do?
    Another ray of light, why have the BB10 haters not moved to Android oriOS forms?
    skstrials likes this.
    05-15-16 08:08 PM
    its not as simple as it sounds without properly working apps means you have to physically go to the bank to deposit a check.
    Plenty of cheap tablets to be had. Problem solved, problem staying solved.
    05-15-16 08:10 PM
    Another ray of light, why have the BB10 haters not moved to Android oriOS forms?
    Crackberry is a BBOS, BB10, and Android forum.
    RoseBud68 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    05-15-16 08:12 PM
    Crackberry is a BBOS, BB10, and Android forum.
    Well you sure can't tell by BBOS remarks on this thread. I don't care if Blackberry offers a Android downgrade on some of their phones as long as I can BB10 models.
    05-15-16 08:23 PM
    I suppose I have something called freedom of speech.
    In other words: none of your business.
    05-15-16 08:50 PM
    Which of the 6 facts listed do you say are wrong?
    05-15-16 08:57 PM
    They are here because they are unhappy with their lives and feel empowered by anonymously posting negativity on the Internet. Just my opinion of course.

Flicked from my fantastic z30.

Posted via CB10
    skstrials and gugomat like this.
    05-15-16 09:54 PM
    Stick with BB10. They are getting ready to hire new staff and pick up where they left off. They have been talking to developers and are confident they can narrow the app gap. Are you happy now? seriously, this is what you and others really want to hear.It's total BS but since you dont really want the truth, go forward with this instead.

BB10 will never make a comeback. Ever! Users didn't buy it, developers didn't waste time on it and BB abandoned it. What would posses you to jump from a working OS to an OS that is supported by no one? Please dont come back with "it works for me" because clearly it doesn't. You need to wake up and realize that the company has abandoned you. While many BB10 users and Priv users will tell you to stay, why listen? The device doesn't do what you need. Did the iPhone work for you? If so, why dump it? did you dump it just so you could trade down and make things more difficult to do?
    I understand your confusion regarding my motives but the truth is I jumped from iOS to BB10 because I prefer the OS experience Much more over android and iOS and as a consumer, I am purposeful with what companies I support with my money. I believe in BlackBerry and enjoy their products, so I use the power I have as a consumer, no matter how small that is.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 10:09 PM
    Let's start out with this, OS 10 may or may not be going away. Most of the advice is based on solid rumors. Truth is OS 10 can be ported via Cobalts patch to run most Android apps with no issues at all. As for new handsets, I would not base what you might want on more speculation, and at this point that's all it is. The experts have no clue and sad to say, lots of times I think neither does BlackBerry. I have a Passport and I phone 6S plus love them both as they are different phones. I use the Passport as my daily driver and when traveling my Apple so I have the ease of FaceTime. Enjoy your passport and don't worry about what the experts say.

Woof!
    Wish I could afford two devices like that lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 10:10 PM
    Plenty of cheap tablets to be had. Problem solved, problem staying solved.

Is bb going to buy us tablets because they don't support banking apps. Also by this logic if they don't support certain things then maybe we need to get new phones that do support what we need
    Last edited by Al moon; 05-16-16 at 09:32 AM.
    05-15-16 10:11 PM
    Not to sound rude or anything, but why on Earth would you want to dump a BlackBerry Passport SE or iPhone 6S for a "mid-ranged" Blackberry Rome or Hamburg? I could see if you were doing it for a super high-end glamorous phone or something, but otherwise I say you keep both of them!
    Well that definitely doesn't make sense, I agree. I was under the impression that the Rome (pkb version) would mirror or improve upon the Priv's specs which is what peaked my interest...

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 10:15 PM
    Is bb going to buy us tablets because they don't support banking apps. Also buy this logic if they don't support certain things then maybe we need to get new phones that do support what we need
    Sooo.... you want BlackBerry to buy you a tablet and logic?

The point was Android tablets are cheap (mine was about $80). App problem solved, although I don't ever use it, cuz I don't need it, but everybody has different needs?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 10:39 PM
    I understand your confusion regarding my motives but the truth is I jumped from iOS to BB10 because I prefer the OS experience Much more over android and iOS and as a consumer, I am purposeful with what companies I support with my money. I believe in BlackBerry and enjoy their products, so I use the power I have as a consumer, no matter how small that is.

Posted via CB10
    It's admirable that you believe in Blackberry. I mean, They don't even believe in themselves. Before you go off thinking you have figured out why I dont believe in them myself, I'll tell you. I have 4-5 BB smartphones sitting in a drawer. 3-4 of them are the old BBOS 7 phones. I also have a broken Z10 and a worthless Playbook. on top of that I have a few shares of stock. I unloaded most of them but mostly broke even(got lucky) some were a total loss. Since about 2006 or so BB has not managed to do one single thing right. I bought into them because they were great and then, they thought they were untouchable. everyone lost. Everyone except the two guys that tanked the company. I'll never understand the person who jumps onto the sinking ship. A lot of people do it but I'll never get it. BTW, you have no power when a company is posting bad news every quarter.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    05-15-16 10:41 PM
    It's admirable that you believe in Blackberry. I mean, They don't even believe in themselves. Before you go off thinking you have figured out why I dont believe in them myself, I'll tell you. I have 4-5 BB smartphones sitting in a drawer. 3-4 of them are the old BBOS 7 phones. I also have a broken Z10 and a worthless Playbook. on top of that I have a few shares of stock. I unloaded most of them but mostly broke even(got lucky) some were a total loss. Since about 2006 or so BB has not managed to do one single thing right. I bought into them because they were great and then, they thought they were untouchable. everyone lost. Everyone except the two guys that tanked the company. I'll never understand the person who jumps onto the sinking ship. A lot of people do it but I'll never get it. BTW, you have no power when a company is posting bad news every quarter.
    BB did something right: they developed an outstanding OS. They did not know how to sell it and they perfected it too late but they got a lot right about it in terms of its performance.
    bbafdad and bigjman like this.
    05-16-16 04:44 AM
    BB did something right: they developed an outstanding OS. They did not know how to sell it and they perfected it too late but they got a lot right about it in terms of its performance.
    On a test with a hundred questions you can get most of them right, and still fail. I don't think many here will argue that BB10 didn't have potential to be a great OS. I'll always wonder how BB10 might have compared if it had been released back in 2008, with no need of a runtime to kill it's performance.
    05-16-16 07:16 AM
    Or are you being paid to complain?

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    05-16-16 07:41 AM
    Sooo.... you want BlackBerry to buy you a tablet and logic?

The point was Android tablets are cheap (mine was about $80). App problem solved, although I don't ever use it, cuz I don't need it, but everybody has different needs?

Posted via CB10
    this is where you people fail to see where bb is completely broken. bb is "supposed" to be a "business" phone yet they offer little to no support for a bunch of banks. this is why people are moving away from bb since they cant offer something that other phones do, not everyone is going to go out and lug around an additional tablet to use a banking app or another app that bb doesn't support they will just get another phone that does what they need it to.
    05-16-16 08:35 AM
    Honestly, I would stay with your iPhone. Because as you shared you need certain apps that won't run on the Passport or any BB10 phone for that matter. I like BB10 a lot...BUT...I don't NEED any particular app that doesn't run on it. If I did I would go Android immediately. This from a BlackBerry fan. Just the reality of the situation in my opinion. And also, as others have stated...who knows what the future will hold for BlackBerry.

I just recently got a Passport and like it very much...however...realistically I know that unless things radically change for BlackBerry...my next phone will more than likely not be a BlackBerry phone.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    05-16-16 08:40 AM
    Which of the 6 facts listed do you say are wrong?
    I do not agree with the numbers 1 and 5. And I do not understand the statements under 4 and 6.
    Especially I would like to get a definition of 'doing fine', because BlackBerry seems to me as a company that is doing great.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 08:45 AM
    This is funny. A guy comes to a BB forum for help, and people advise is "run!"

Then, when people be finally gone, and Blackberry close the hardware division, we will see the same people crying all over it...
    bigjman likes this.
    05-16-16 08:49 AM
294 12345 ...