Simple, use the browser to do your banking.
    This. My bank has a native bb10 app, but I still use the bank website on my Passport because it has far more features for investment, transfers, paying bills, with a lot more information per page than the bank app.
    05-14-16 10:42 AM
    like i said before you have to be nuts to even consider buying a bb10 phone at this point and time. If you can return it for a refund you should because you will more than likely regret it a few weeks from now when apps you need to do simple things like checking your account balance or depositing a check thru your phone is more of a hassle than simplicity.
    05-14-16 11:00 AM
    This is true.

Posted via CB10
    No it is not. I can mobile deposit my usaa from browser.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 11:01 AM
    Simple, use the browser to do your banking.
    its not as simple as it sounds without properly working apps means you have to physically go to the bank to deposit a check.
    05-14-16 11:04 AM
    The PassPort is an excellent device. You can use it for everything you need from life to work. But any of us have just one device. Between tablets, computers and even other devices and pretty sure that you can use any of them for whatever you can't do in the PassPort. I have a PassPort and I run many android apps without problems even my banks apps.

Posted via CB10
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-14-16 11:08 AM
    So I was hoping you guys could help give me some perspective and advice. I'm a brand new Passport Silver Edition owner, switching from iPhone 6s. I have a buyer for the 6s when I read about the Rome and Hamburg which are scheduled to be released this summer/fall. I love BB10!! But some Apps that I need on a daily basis like my banking App aren't offered on BlackBerry and even though I've managed to download/install most of the apps through Google Playstore, they either crash or don't run very smooth...Normally this wouldn't bother me much because BlackBerry has always been good about improving their OS, but many BlackBerry users have informed me that BlackBerry doesn't have plans to improve BB10 any longer. This has really got me considering the new Rome/Hamburg for my next device....My question to you all is should I keep the Passport until the Rome/Hamburg release or the iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    Let's start out with this, OS 10 may or may not be going away. Most of the advice is based on solid rumors. Truth is OS 10 can be ported via Cobalts patch to run most Android apps with no issues at all. As for new handsets, I would not base what you might want on more speculation, and at this point that's all it is. The experts have no clue and sad to say, lots of times I think neither does BlackBerry. I have a Passport and I phone 6S plus love them both as they are different phones. I use the Passport as my daily driver and when traveling my Apple so I have the ease of FaceTime. Enjoy your passport and don't worry about what the experts say.

Woof!
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-14-16 12:33 PM
    its not as simple as it sounds without properly working apps means you have to physically go to the bank to deposit a check.
    Depends on your situation. In Canada we have direct deposit for nearly everything. Its mid-May and I have not had to go to the bank even once to deposit a cheque.
    05-14-16 12:37 PM
    So I was hoping you guys could help give me some perspective and advice. I'm a brand new Passport Silver Edition owner, switching from iPhone 6s. I have a buyer for the 6s when I read about the Rome and Hamburg which are scheduled to be released this summer/fall. I love BB10!! But some Apps that I need on a daily basis like my banking App aren't offered on BlackBerry and even though I've managed to download/install most of the apps through Google Playstore, they either crash or don't run very smooth...Normally this wouldn't bother me much because BlackBerry has always been good about improving their OS, but many BlackBerry users have informed me that BlackBerry doesn't have plans to improve BB10 any longer. This has really got me considering the new Rome/Hamburg for my next device....My question to you all is should I keep the Passport until the Rome/Hamburg release or the iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    Stick with BB10. They are getting ready to hire new staff and pick up where they left off. They have been talking to developers and are confident they can narrow the app gap. Are you happy now? seriously, this is what you and others really want to hear.It's total BS but since you dont really want the truth, go forward with this instead.

BB10 will never make a comeback. Ever! Users didn't buy it, developers didn't waste time on it and BB abandoned it. What would posses you to jump from a working OS to an OS that is supported by no one? Please dont come back with "it works for me" because clearly it doesn't. You need to wake up and realize that the company has abandoned you. While many BB10 users and Priv users will tell you to stay, why listen? The device doesn't do what you need. Did the iPhone work for you? If so, why dump it? did you dump it just so you could trade down and make things more difficult to do?
    05-14-16 01:41 PM
    battery saving mode, customizable notifications, integrated color led, keyboard shortcuts, ART screen scaling and anti-theft protection in Blackberry Protect have been introduced since 10.3.1.xxxx
    One person's refinement is another's major update I suppose.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-16 01:43 PM
    While many BB10 users and Priv users will tell you to stay, why listen? The device doesn't do what you need. Did the iPhone work for you? If so, why dump it? did you dump it just so you could trade down and make things more difficult to do?
    First off, he asked and explained himself on both counts - Passport vs iPhone 6S. Second, he also mentioned:

many BlackBerry users have informed me that BlackBerry doesn't have plans to improve BB10 any longer

Clearly there's something about BB10 / Passport he likes and is trying to make it work. People like what they like. I have an iPhone 6 myself, like many things about it over BB10; also several Android devices (non-Priv) that I enjoy, and lastly a BB10 Passport that I like very much.
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-14-16 02:38 PM
    I just don't know about one thing which might be very technical : why bb10 hub cannot be integrated into android the same way as the Passport? The software is of the same language and just make some changes in the android, the hub can certainly fit well.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 03:51 PM
    Not to sound rude or anything, but why on Earth would you want to dump a BlackBerry Passport SE or iPhone 6S for a "mid-ranged" Blackberry Rome or Hamburg? I could see if you were doing it for a super high-end glamorous phone or something, but otherwise I say you keep both of them!
    Polt likes this.
    05-14-16 04:40 PM
    I just don't know about one thing which might be very technical : why bb10 hub cannot be integrated into android the same way as the Passport? The software is of the same language and just make some changes in the android, the hub can certainly fit well.

Posted via CB10
    could be the available APIs do not allow for that type of integration. If BlackBerry could manage to do that, it would be a game changer for their presence in Android. That and of course some good marketing for that feature.

Passport (red)/Z30-5/Z10-3/Nexus 5 (6.0)
    05-14-16 04:47 PM
    Not to sound rude or anything, but why on Earth would you want to dump a BlackBerry Passport SE or iPhone 6S for a "mid-ranged" Blackberry Rome or Hamburg? I could see if you were doing it for a super high-end glamorous phone or something, but otherwise I say you keep both of them!
    Agree with this. Keep the Passport for all critical activities like financial movements with bank app or browser, work emails and the usual BlackBerry's "tool not toy" stuff, and get the Rome and/or Hamburg for your Android needs (on a much cheaper price as well), complemented with BlackBerry security features. It's a win/win situation in my book.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 05:06 PM
    Yep. You also have to go to the bank or ATM to get cash, unless your app prints cash. I do that much more often than deposit cheques...
    acovey likes this.
    05-14-16 05:06 PM
    could be the available APIs do not allow for that type of integration. If BlackBerry could manage to do that, it would be a game changer for their presence in Android. That and of course some good marketing for that feature.

Passport (red)/Z30-5/Z10-3/Nexus 5 (6.0)
    Im pretty sure it can be done they just have to cook it into the rom if there's hundreds of apps on the play store that allow you to use gestures from anywhere in pretty sure bb can make a room using gestures.
    05-14-16 05:10 PM
    Yep. You also have to go to the bank or ATM to get cash, unless your app prints cash. I do that much more often than deposit cheques...
    or you can grab a 20 using your debit card pretty much anywhere.....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-16 05:30 PM
    ATM's are all over the place. You dont need a bank for that. I cant name a bank that doesnt hand out a visa check card and they are accepted everywhere. There is almost no reason to even carry cash anymore
    05-14-16 06:16 PM
    But don't you know the government puts secret mind controlling microchips inside debit cards?

/s
    05-14-16 06:26 PM
    Of course you can but here in the states banks and independent atm's charge you a fee for taking money out heck I've seen atm's charge 5 bucks for taking money out that's absurd if you're not withdrawing money from your particular bank that adds up we get robbed here for everything its nickel and dime to the death.
    05-14-16 08:47 PM
    Of course you can but here in the states banks and independent atm's charge you a fee for taking money out heck I've seen atm's charge 5 bucks for taking money out that's absurd if you're not withdrawing money from your particular bank that adds up we get robbed here for everything its nickel and dime to the death.
    im not talking atm...i mean like you go to the grocery store, walmart, korger etc and get some cash with your purchase.
    05-14-16 08:55 PM
    ATM's are all over the place. You dont need a bank for that. I cant name a bank that doesnt hand out a visa check card and they are accepted everywhere. There is almost no reason to even carry cash anymore
    Try using public transport occasionaly. Besides, there are no fees and no tracking with cash. When you go abroad, you do not get gouged on exchange rates and fees on a bank card or on credit card.
    I have travelled a lot lately: Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Japan, changing at least 1000 dollars at a time at a bank or an exchange office after negotiating well can save you 50-100 dollars in fees.
    If you change any less or use your bank card and credit card, you get hosed.
    But sure, to everyone their own. None of the electronic transactions are free, even if they are sold to you that way. You pay in higher fees down the road.
    05-14-16 11:27 PM
    im not talking atm...i mean like you go to the grocery store, walmart, korger etc and get some cash with your purchase.
    But then I gotta pay 25 cents! The hunanity!

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    05-15-16 06:43 AM
    But don't you know the government puts secret mind controlling microchips inside debit cards?

/s
    First off the mind control chips are not the worry................its the tin foil hats...I tell you.....its the hats!

Woof!
    05-15-16 03:32 PM
    As a moderator you should know better..............facts have no place on this forum..................WOOF!
    05-15-16 03:34 PM
294 1234 ...