They released two months apart. The first software update fixed a lot of small things, as most updates do, primarily charging and the camera. Not really groundbreaking stuff. I will grant you that the Apple launch was more successful due to the new form factor but the OS struggled a lot and there was of of returns for Apple in the beginning. I used the first generation and it was really bad. OS locked up frequently, applications were deeply flawed and very little support in the app store. Apple also was developing a bad reputation for issues but they had the resources and drive to correct it. Blackberry was a big gigantic mess because they lacked focus and direction. The Storm had hardware/software issues because they rushed it out. The Playbook had under developed features, again because they were unfocused. The hardware was solid and still is. It was mostly timing that killed BB10
    Timing about 7 years too late and the fact that it replaced monthly BIS revenue with $0, nothing, zip, nada......which is where BlackBerry made all its serious money....
    12-19-17 02:38 PM
    BB10 is a half baked platform with no services. How could it generate money when there is no BIS. No BBM Music. No more BBM Meetings. The Blackberry Protect sucks ***. Tha t would have brought the users of Blackberry 7 over. Plus no marketing or advertising

Posted via CB10
    12-21-17 06:30 AM
    BB10 is a half baked platform with no services. How could it generate money when there is no BIS. No BBM Music. No more BBM Meetings. The Blackberry Protect sucks ***. Tha t would have brought the users of Blackberry 7 over. Plus no marketing or advertising

Posted via CB10
    I agree with most of what you're saying, but what on earth is your problem with BlackBerry Protect. It seems to work great to me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-21-17 07:22 AM
    I agree with most of what you're saying, but what on earth is your problem with BlackBerry Protect. It seems to work great to me.

On bb7 blackberry protect backed up your contacts and text messages. It doesn't do it for bb10

Posted via CB10
    12-21-17 07:54 AM
    On bb7 blackberry protect backed up your contacts and text messages. It doesn't do it for bb10

Posted via CB10
    Ah. Yes. That was an awesome feature on BBOS. But, it was BIS that made that possible, which doesn't exist for BB10.

BB10 is intended to be used with a service that maintains that information, whether a corporate server or a cloud-based service. Since it syncs with those services directly, the logic was that the old BIS backups did not need to be replicated.

But I totally agree that the BBOS way was better. I remember losing my corporate device on a business trip, picking up a new one from AT&T, entering my BBID, and being back in businesss in less than 60 minutes from the time I noticed my phone was gone. Every email, note, contact and calendar entry was restored with zero effort.

I really wish BlackBerry had been able to offer an updated version of BIS , with the old blackberry.com email service for consumers after BB10 came out.

12-21-17 08:08 AM
    Ah. Yes. That was an awesome feature on BBOS. But, it was BIS that made that possible, which doesn't exist for BB10.

BB10 is intended to be used with a service that maintains that information, whether a corporate server or a cloud-based service. Since it syncs with those services directly, the logic was that the old BIS backups did not need to be replicated.

But I totally agree that the BBOS way was better. I remember losing my corporate device on a business trip, picking up a new one from AT&T, entering my BBID, and being back in businesss in less than 60 minutes from the time I noticed my phone was gone. Every email, note, contact and calendar entry was restored with zero effort.

I really wish BlackBerry had been able to offer an updated version of BIS , with the old blackberry.com email service for consumers after BB10 came out.

I still had a BIS plan from tmobile until a year and a half ago while on bb10. I was ignorantly hoping that they would bring BIS back. Because the cost and the value that it provided was unmatched. They could have even included tiered pricing if they wanted. Look at Icloud. Isn't that the same business model?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-17 07:37 PM
    I still had a BIS plan from tmobile until a year and a half ago while on bb10. I was ignorantly hoping that they would bring BIS back. Because the cost and the value that it provided was unmatched. They could have even included tiered pricing if they wanted. Look at Icloud. Isn't that the same business model?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but it's not worth having to use iOS for ne!

12-21-17 07:40 PM
332 ... 121314